Insulin resistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I'm actually having less carbs then I thought, and I don't really eat lunch anyway either because of my levels being so high and I did a carb counting diet for months and nothing made a difference in weighted all my food out and still didn't make a difference

I’m not talking about carb counting (counting the carbs in your meal, weighing things if needed, and calculating the correct insulin dose). You should be doing that anyway however many carbs you’re eating. I’m talking about eating minimal carbs - almost keto level. That is, having tiny amounts of carbs for each meal, just like in the example I gave in my post above.

Hi @Laura0194

Ok, so we (diabetics) know that 10g of carbs can raise blood sugar by 3mmol. So 30g of carb will have the ability to raise blood sugar by 9mmol and 50g of carbs would have the potential to raise blood sugar by 15mmol.

If insulin is not working, through the day these blood sugar raises could accumulate/stack on to each other. For one day a total carbs of 120g would have the max potential to raise blood sugar by 36mmol.

With this in mind, I think @Inka suggestion to reduce carbs could be a big help to you, certainly worth a try.
Okay thank you I'll try that see if it helps bring down my levels

Ok, so you do have room to cut the carbs further. Breakfast is when most people are usually the most insulin resistant, so I’d go for minimal carbs for that meal, eg eggs and tomato or mushroom, or Greek yoghurt and a few blueberries. If you do have lunch, you could go for 15 or 20g carbs to start with, and your evening meal could be say 25g carbs.

I know you’re not eating a lot of carbs now but with your particular difficulties, reducing them more might help. If it were me, this is something I’d try over a period of weeks and months, eg so many weeks at the carb levels I suggested above, then look to see where further reductions could be made if needed.

I know you said you weren’t overweight but maybe reducing your BMI will help a bit too. Here’s a BMI calculator so you can see what your BMI is now:

My BMI is 23.3 I've tried doing that I was also on ozempic to but nothing works even if I don't eat anything there still HI I'm trying my best with all the advice I've been given but it's just not working the doctors have said they've never seen a case like mine with diabetes like there struggling to suggest what to do next and they just don't know

My levels can range from 5 or below or 12 and then as soon as I eat there HI all day

I got the impression earlier in his thread, that it was mainly the meals (and carbs in them) that caused the big reactions in your glucose levels, which then took a long time to come down?

I think that might be why @Inka was pondering trying a very low carb menu as an option?

As an experiment, have you ever tried fasting / skipping meals at different points of the day to see how the MM780 is able to cope when you don’t eat? Eg skip breakfast, so you run overnight - lunchtime, and see how your levels change overnight and during the morning when you don’t eat anything?

My BMI is 23.3 I've tried doing that I was also on ozempic to but nothing works even if I don't eat anything there still HI I'm trying my best with all the advice I've been given but it's just not working the doctors have said they've never seen a case like mine with diabetes like there struggling to suggest what to do next and they just don't know

I totally understand it must be very upsetting and frustrating for you. It’s clearly not your fault in any way. I’m just trying to think of things that might help you because I can imagine how horrible it must be for you.

The reason I suggested reducing your carbs right down is because of what you said earlier - that you go HI as soon as you eat anything; also because it might help you lose a little weight/improve the fatty liver you mentioned; and maybe reduce your insulin and/or improve your blood glucose a little.

Tiny little improvements will be big wins. Even if you don’t see much improvement you’re still getting information and evidence that could help you and your team.

I got the impression earlier in his thread, that it was mainly the meals (and carbs in them) that caused the big reactions in your glucose levels, which then took a long time to come down?

I think that might be why @Inka was pondering trying a very low carb menu as an option?

As an experiment, have you ever tried fasting / skipping meals at different points of the day to see how the MM780 is able to cope when you don’t eat? Eg skip breakfast, so you run overnight - lunchtime, and see how your levels change overnight and during the morning when you don’t eat anything?
I do skip meals like I'll skip breakfast and soon as I eat anything they stay high and don't come down at all

I’m not talking about carb counting (counting the carbs in your meal, weighing things if needed, and calculating the correct insulin dose). You should be doing that anyway however many carbs you’re eating. I’m talking about eating minimal carbs - almost keto level. That is, having tiny amounts of carbs for each meal, just like in the example I gave in my post above.
I understand that I don't really eat that much anyway anymore so my carbs are lower than I thought

I do skip meals like I'll skip breakfast and soon as I eat anything they stay high and don't come down at all

Do you stay level before eating though @Laura0194 ?

How are things BG-wise during the morning on days when you skip breakfast?

Do they stay (roughly) level when you don’t eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back