• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Inhaled Insulin

If given the choice, would you feel confident to give inhaled insulin a try?

• Yes, without hesitation, no more injections!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Yes, but along with injections (e.g., long-acting inhaled insulin only).

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No chance, wouldn't trust it!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Not until we're absolutely certain it's just as, if not more effective as insulin injections.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
@PhoebeC and @nonethewiser, the inhaled insulin would be through the mouth though wouldn't it? Get both your points though.

I know a handful of T1s in the US who use inhaled insulin. It’s not used instead of injected insulin but alongside it. As others have said the feedback is that it is fast to start working and fast to get out of your system which feels beneficial in certain scenarios. So is used to correct highs and some also use it before a high carb (minimal fat) meal/ snack to flatten the spike.

Personally I’m down to try any new (tested and approved) tech/ treatment to see what works best for me and makes my life easier.

Thank heaven the days of the Covid-19 Lateral Flow Test are (probably) over!
<evil grin!>
Oh they were just awful, weren’t they!?

Back