I need some help,, neurodiversity isnt helping.

Misunderstood

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Heya.

I dont know what to do, I have asked my GP but they say call 999, I did 111 and that says dial 999.. I dont want to dial 999 in case its something not to worry about, I dont want to waste anyones time.

Has anyone here had a blood clot or similar?

So a fgew days a go, woke up in the night with heavy feeling in lower legs, yesterday pains in chest neck and arm (left side) I went for the flu jab and came over all funny - they mentioned an ambulance.. felt better for a coffee. Today woke up from last nights sleep shaking all over like a seizure, also chest pains and also pains in my calfs??

Being neurodiverse (autistic) i dont know what to say on the phone.. has 111 got a text relay ?

Lawrie

Hi @Misunderstood, sorry to hear of your symptoms; it's worth getting these checked. You can use NHS 111 Online to get support: https://111.nhs.uk/ and they will triage to find out what support you might need.

Don't want to worry you @Misunderstood but pain in calfs can be sign of blood clot, it was mentioned on radio other day where Dr said it should be investigated urgently to rule out a clot.
Oh heck dont say that.. am getting pains everywhere.

Is your calf hot to touch @Misunderstood? That usually comes with a sign of a clot.

well not hot but a lot warmer than everywhere else
Probably best to get in touch with 111 for them to assess and hopefully eliminate any further worries for you.

Seriously @Misunderstood you will not be wasting anyone's time, either 111 or 999 that is what the medics are for and they will understand, trust me

Alan 😉

Anxiety also does crazy stuff to your body mate, especially if you have a load of symptoms memorised. My missus had a blood clot in her leg and it was red hot to touch, swollen and so painful she could hardly stand. Probably nothing mate.

If you don’t want to make the phone call and can safely get to A&E then do that.

Write down your symptoms and what happened and that 111 and GP sent you and show them. In a note on your phone or on a piece of paper either will be fine.

Anxiety also does crazy stuff to your body mate, especially if you have a load of symptoms memorised. My missus had a blood clot in her leg and it was red hot to touch, swollen and so painful she could hardly stand. Probably nothing mate.
Exactly hope she's recovered now.

Back