• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

I’m in hospital

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Thanks everyone .
Not much Has happened, But I am being transferred to another hospital for the op soon.
Had a dietician :mad: up the other day wanting me to have a full English brekkie everyday and wanted to put me on Fortsip because it was full of vitamins I refused as it’s full of calories which I don’t need .
The staff here are very kind and caring.

TheClockworkDodo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Why do dieticians always seem to be so clueless? :confused: If you need vitamins, can't they just give you vitamins?

I hope the staff at the new hospital are also kind and caring, and that the op goes as well as it's possible to go x
What will they do about your Dad while you're having the op, is he staying where he is?

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Really wishing you the very best outcome possible from the op, Lin. I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope the new hospital look after you well. XX

Reactions: Ljc

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi and thanks everyone.
I’m doing ok but poor righty isn’t, I’m only in a tiny bit of pain thanks to my peri feral Neuropathy, but I noticed the other day that lefty seems to have full feeling back .

I’ve given up on the lower carb thing whilst in hospital , for one thing the food is scrumptious.
I had chicken curry with RICE annnnd chocolate sponge pud with custard that will keep them running for the bed pans lol

I sure don’t like having my tonsils tickled and my nose poked
I had hours of coughing the other day that’s why it was done.

My dad is now home alone , he was so pleased , however being the stubborn so and so that he is he wouldn’t let the carer in and got himself in a right pickle
Kept phoning me to sort it out , I could do a bit but it’s difficult when bed bound in hospital.
But now he has realised that I can’t help him much now and he is trying hard to do things himself
Bless him, I try to order a hot dinner to be delivered everyday .

I’m actually feeling quite well .had that lovely Oxycodal (sp) again this morning coz my leg had to be re dressed, I hardly felt la thing.

I hope you are all ok , take care

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Wishing you well Lin. Xx

Jade

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Lin,
I haven’t been on the forum for a while. Sorry to hear you are in hospital. I know It’s too hard to do low or reduced carb in hospital as I found the most edible stuff was high carbs like jacket potatoes and mash, beans etc but you are the first person to ever say that the food is scrumptious!!
I know it’s impossible to sleep much due to noisy patients, equipment and being woken for tests just when finally dozed off. Plus the Total lack of privacy and I nearly lost all my marbles. So hold onto yours and I hope you recover and get home soon x

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wishing you better glad the pain control is helping. Hope your dad gets sorted soon all the best Anne

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Thank you everyone.
@Jade Thank you for your lovely post . I hope you are finding the forum helpful and supportive.

Well they have ionly gone and given me a freestyle Libre and 2 sensors :D:D:D
Op is planned for Monday

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well they have ionly gone and given me a freestyle Libre and 2 sensors :D:D:D
Op is planned for Monday
The 'like' was for the Libre, not the imminent Op! I hope all goes well on Monday.

Reactions: Ljc

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Hope all goes well Monday. X

Grannylorraine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hope everything goes well on Monday.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
All the best wishes for op and speedy recovery hope the libre works and saves all those nasty wake up to have your tests

Pattidevans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Fingers crossed that the operation is successful on Monday and you can begin to heal. Good to know you have the Libre.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Big {{{Hug}}} Lin. Roll on Monday. How's your dad?

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Best wishes for Monday’s op and your recovery. Great news about the Libre!

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wishing you well for tomorrow Lin and a very speedy recovery xxx