How long diabetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to join in. According to my sacked GP he reckoned I'd be diagnosed anytime soon for definite 😱 hence the 'sacked' once I had given him a lesson on type 1 and type 2 (you can imagine!)

Anyway my daughter diagnosed at birth really with CHI so that is April 2000,
pancreas out 4 weeks later, insulin at 5 weeks old. I bet she's the youngest then !

I'd like to join in. According to my sacked GP he reckoned I'd be diagnosed anytime soon for definite 😱 hence the 'sacked' once I had given him a lesson on type 1 and type 2 (you can imagine!)

Anyway my daughter diagnosed at birth really with CHI so that is April 2000,
pancreas out 4 weeks later, insulin at 5 weeks old. I bet she's the youngest then !

my daugher was born in april 2000 too we were going for a millenium baby but we were a couple of months to late lol

my daugher was born in april 2000 too we were going for a millenium baby but we were a couple of months to late lol

Really. Gosh. Jessica wasn't expected to be honest, she was a surprise - not the day she was born but the day I found out I was pregnant. I'd just kicked the dad out and bingo found out Jessica was coming 8 months later !!

I tell you the year of 1999/2000 at schools are full aren't they. So many millenium babies.

beckys school has two primary 5 to cover the amount of kiddies born that year with my second he was a shocker and a half i was told after everything will my pancreas and major surgery i couldnt have any more children and 5 years later he turns up i didnt know untill i was 4 months gone and i found out in all the places at the diabetic clinic

'Happy' Anniversary Marc! Doing anything to celebrate? I went to a beer festival!🙂
Hehe. Cheers. Nah. Didn't do anything really. Well I did buy myself a new mobile phone. Should be here tomorrah. 😎

can i just say thanks falcon for starting this thread a few peoples names have popped up that have not been on for a long while , its nice to see them especially mccuecolin dont think we have met , one of the first members on i guess looking at when you joined x

Hello McCueColin, Thanks for joining in the thread. You ar now No2. behind Bazza with 53 years. I slip down to 3rd equal with Rainbow on 42 years. That 181 years between the four of us!

Some time in June, 1978, so 30 yrs 6 months...joy! 11 months old at the time, so I suspect I'm one of the younger type 1s to be diagnosed from back then at least?! (Not a great claim to fame, I admit!)

i have been diabetic for a full decade now lol 1o long years and still learning for me 🙂

okay i have done a rough tally and i THINK it comes out that for everyone who has posted in this thread, we total 403 years.

FOUR HUNDRED AND THREE YEARS.

403? FOUR HUNDRED AND THREE?!

We're ooooooooooold :D

oops, bit late to this, but I'll add three years, so that's 406. Perhaps anyone else can keep adding to the total!

it will be 5 years for me on the 18th of jan. its my anniversary soon 😛

Exactly three months yesterday, so er, yeah I'm not really adding to the total 🙂

26th Feb 2009, so almost a year.

I was diagnosed on 6th November (2009). Dont know how long I've actually had it, as I didnt go for my 6 monthly blood tests (I had gestational 7 years ago - last time I was tested was about 2-3 years ago and I was borderline).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back