How long diabetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just approaching the first year mark, this Saturday actually! It's been one hell of a 12 months🙄😱😛

September 5th (or possibly 6th) 2008. Just over 14 months for me then......

Yep I'll never forget it now will I!! Not sure if that is good or bad! At least if I forget it I won't get a clip round the ear unlike other dates I may forget!!🙄

Another way of looking at things, not just health: When a family member retired from serving as a magistrate, she noted that 22 years was longer than the average life sentence served by a prisoner!

I got the good news in March 2009 after I had a pre operation check at the hospital...
banana.gif

Last edited:
Well I have been diagnosed as Type 1, on insulin for almost 41 years. It will be on January 6th which is 3 days before my birthday.

Strangely, I was diagnosed the week before my birthday as well. :confused: :confused: :confused:

i was diagnosed about 5 years ago the same week as my older sister ,
now my younger sister has been diagnosed after her giving birth,
cant complain really our family doctor warned us all when we were young that we would be at risk because my mother and her father a a few others on her side had it ,so way back in the 60s he told us to watch our health as we got older lol

Feb 2000 day before my birthday was the day i was told I had diabetes, but offically in my records it's december 1999 because thats when they did the tests. I go by the feb one as my D-day, but maybe this time as it will be 10 years I will celebrate in dec and feb and have cake twice :D

1st October 2006. Seems like a lifetime ago already though!

Looks like i'm the only person who doesn't know when exactly they were diagnosed
I couldn't remember the exact date, but I get to keep all my test results so could check. The fasting blood test was done on 31/03/2005, the lab faxed the result to the doc (385mg/dl) and he sent me to the hospital.

I couldn't remember the exact date, but I get to keep all my test results so could check. The fasting blood test was done on 31/03/2005, the lab faxed the result to the doc (385mg/dl) and he sent me to the hospital.

I cannot remember either just that it messed up my summer holidays in 1967 (either late July/early August). It means I have served only one year less than "Harry Roberts" who is one of the county's longest serving prisoners.

136 years and counting!

I may be wrong but a quick scan suggests that at the moment Bazza holds the record (for this group) at 53 years, I am second at 42 and Sueneil third with 41. However I am fairly convinced one of the other members has been on insulin for around 50 years. I will not post a name as it their choice whether to post or not.

Looks like i'm the only person who doesn't know when exactly they were diagnosed 😛
I was given a blue book to log all the results in and I'm the one that kept it going - most of the time anyway - for nine long years. It's invaluable to me these days because it has helped me to understand what happened to me.

One year today!! 😎

42 long years for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back