How do you stay motivated?

Well done on the amazing weight loss @MikeF

I think you are so right about recognising fullness - it’s such an important thing. So much eating is out of habit, and it can be really easy to continue to eat well past the point at which your body is telling you you’ve had enough.
There is a genetic element to feeling full but some people often use that as an excuse but it is quite rare.

I am hoping to be off medication by Christmas.

So be summer at earliest before I can be considered in remission.

96>90>38>35 and last result this morning is 34 mmol/mol and as per my agreement I can reduce by 1 tablet a day each time it’s in spec.

So today I am down to one just tablet of metformin, not sure how I should interpret the results whether it’s normalising or not.

Still don’t understand the relationship between diet exercise metformin and diabetes properly.

Diet is intake, exercise is burning off intake, metformin is a blocker of glucose in terms of production by liver and absorption, so reducing my metformin would potentially increase absorption from food and production from liver. So my next result even if I behave may not drop as I reduce meds.

i guess we know in 3 months on next step.

I am keeping track of things in the sense of diet and exercise but not as strict as I first was, but it’s a condition that doesn’t go away if I understand correctly it’s a condition you control.

Weight wise lost over 6 stone.

Motivation once off the meds worries me a little.
But
Ha ha...not-so-mad-Wayne. well done. I'm T2 and been on Insulin and Victoza long term. I have also lost a similar amount of weight. Can I suggest 2 things that might be of interest. First that you get hold of Jason Fung MD's book The Obesity Code He's a Canadian diabetes consultant who was the originator of the 5/2 diet. What he does do is provide some of the answers to your questions and fills in the gaps about how insulin resistance works and how vital it is to managing diabetes/weight etc Amazing book that set me off on my journey 15 months ago ..not a fad, but medical fact.
The other thing is that some modern meds in very very low doses suppress appetite and stabilise blood sugars. As little as 3.5 mg of a tablet like Rybelsus ( a formula of semaglutide) will help. I know this because I was on injections of Liraglitude for blood sugar. The supply ran out because it was diverted to the beauty trade. I was prescribed Rybelsus about 10 weeks ago but it was hard to tolerate, but the starter dose was enough to keep bloods stable and I am now off Insulin and just taking a low dose of Rybelsus, which now also helps with weight management as a further bonus.
My motivation is that due to an autoimmune disease and previous organ transplant I need new hips but can't have them. So finally I am motivated to get as light as I can to try to minimise pain. I still often feel like sh*t, but much lighter.... I was 157kg at my heaviest but now 90kg.... At 25.2 my BMI is tantalisingly close to normal.
Good luck.

Back