Heebie-jeebies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had breakfast of malted wheats cereal and milk. Two hours later I had a reading of 15.2! So I won't be having them again.

I had breakfast of malted wheats cereal and milk. Two hours later I had a reading of 15.2! So I won't be having them again.
No, I can imagine they would be a great choice. What was your starting (pre-meal) reading?

If you didn't test before you ate them, then how do you know they were a bad choice. You might have been something like 13.8 before you started eating, in which case your 15.2 would not be a bad result. Getting a baseline reading before a meal is quite important especially in the early days of diagnosis when your baseline levels are likely to be higher.

So what sort of baseline level would you normally see in the morning before breakfast or are you also new to testing?
If so, then the before meal reading is still important, even though you have had diabetes a long time.

Most breakfast cereals will produce that sort of result in many people, the one you may get away with is a small portion low sugar granola with some full fat yoghurt and some berries.
But if you are trying something high carb like cereals make a point of weighing the portion and testing before and after then you can be better able to decide if it is OK or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back