Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your mind is full of doubt you will always find a way to give up. That’s my motivational quote of the day 🙂

Totally, anyone who says otherwise ain't doing it right. Denial.
Please don’t judge others by your feelings.
I would far rather not have diabetes but I refuse to invest so much emotion into it. My preference is to learn to live with it in such a way that it doesn’t stop me doing what I want.

I believe I am “doing it right” for myself and others around me.
My results prove I am not in denial. After nearly 20 years, I have no complications and a HbA1C constantly below 48.

Last edited:
I can hand on heart say there has never been a time when I hated diabetes. There has been times when it was really difficult. I cried when I first found out (partly the shock), but from that day on, I just accepted it (what else can you do?).

I just see it as something else that needs to be dealt with, along with thousands of other things we do each and every day which are part of life.
Being diagnosed with diabetes (admittedly type 2) I believe changed my life for the better, it made me more health aware and take control of so many things. Before I was in denial about the things, I did would cause any issues, I smoked, ate loads of things I shouldn't, and didn't exercise, in effect I was actually like you feel now, I was waiting to die, then on diagnosis, a wakeup call that things I had control over, like smoking, exercise and diet were killing me and I could change that. I realise type 1 is hard and needs additional medication etc but I gave up smoking, took up exercise in the form of dance, and now eat so much better, The weight loss now means I no longer avoid social functions, I buy nice clothes and take care of my hair, nails and organise fun nights out with family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back