Has your diabetes team engaged with you irrespective of covid or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us know how you get on Leo.
Thank you, I will. It won’t happen in the very near future because I don’t like to make a fuss and BG wise things are really good (Thanks DG6!) but when I feel other issues like lack of monitoring of BP, Thyroid function or cholesterol are maybe coming to the point of a need to discuss I will deal with it. Many thanks for your input @Pattidevens.

I've had excellent communication with my diabetes team & even my other teams for my other illnesses.
I feel sorry for those who are struggling to get the care they need during these worrisome times.

Reactions: Leo
I've had excellent communication with my diabetes team & even my other teams for my other illnesses.
I feel sorry for those who are struggling to get the care they need during these worrisome times.
I’m really glad to see you are having a great experience with all your healthcare providers… you are indeed lucky!

Slightly off topic I recently learned I have the gene variant HLA-DQA1 which predisposes me to Coeliac disease. Years ago I submitted a saliva sample to 123&me for ancestry, inherited traits and possible health implications from my genetic make up. I found a diagram illustrating all the different gene variants and how they interlink with all the different autoimmune diseases and how they relate to each other. I started a thread a while back asking members about autoimmune disease in their family and had a lot of interesting answers. Anybody on this thread interested in this? https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/autoimmune-disease-in-the-family.87915/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back