Has anyone Reversed their Diabetes or put on Remission? Wondering if it is possible for a Type 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good inputs Beck. I guess investing on a good meter is the key then.
Knowledge is very good. Have you heard about the Freestyle Libre. Expensive but the info you get is very good. They give you graphs etc right through 24hrs for 2 weeks. Good info 🙂

Good inputs Beck. I guess investing on a good meter is the key then.
For those forum members self-funding, the Codefree seems to offer reliable results with a cheaper strip cost.

My numbers are normal for blood glucose and Hba1c - I don't take any medication, just don't eat the foods which increase my blood glucose too much.
I dropped my numbers first and now I am thinking more about losing some weight. It is so much easier to lose weight when the symptoms of diabetes have been suppressed - far more energy less hunger though after I took Metformin and a statin for a few weeks I was totally wrecked, and I have taken ALA to try to get rid of the dreadful aches and pains in my muscles and joints, which seems to have succeeded. I stopped taking them when the loss of memory frightened me. That has not come back properly, though it has improved.
I don't bother testing now as I know what not to eat, I do check once in a while, just to be sure. my last pre dinner test was 4.8mmol/l and after dinner was 7.6mmol/l - those were after a bit of over indulgence at lunchtime, then a few days later after eating melon, so they were probably higher than normal for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back