Guess the HbA1c...

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys 🙂

well done dodger, excellent as usual 😉

Dear Katie,

Thanks for your kind words. You too must feel good at your excellent results - well done.

Warmest Regards Dodger

Dodger -brilliant result! I hope one day A will have an hba1c like yours!🙂Bev

Dodger -brilliant result! I hope one day A will have an hba1c like yours!🙂Bev

Dear Bev,

Thanks - I'm sure that A will get into the 5% range, because he has you guiding him.

Warmest Regards Dodger

Well done Katie. I've got the dreaded blood test tomorrow with results next week so fingers crossed!

Good luck Corrine, fingers crossed indeed!

Dear Northerner,
Yep, got mine today - 39 (5.7% in old money)
Regards Dodger

Smashing scores on the board Dodger!

Hi,
Just got back from my appointment and I'm carrying on in the right direction, yay 🙂 I found out that my last HbA1c was 8.2 and now it is 7.8 woo!

Woooooo Well done Katie, you're doing great!!

Last edited:
Woohoo! Great result Katie!! Well done :D And Dodger too! And good luck Corrine...

I will get mine back this avo so will see who won on mine, they're all very optimistic... Thanks for opening up the guessing on mine too, Katie 🙂

Well done Dodger - levels I can only aspire to at present. Although now I've got a finger pricker I'm hoping for better things!

Thanks Munjeeta - good luck for your results this avo!

And thanks Rossi_Mac - have to say now its over it was one of the better blood tests I've ever had!

Woohoo! Great result Katie!! Well done :D And Dodger too! And good luck Corrine...

I will get mine back this avo so will see who won on mine, they're all very optimistic... Thanks for opening up the guessing on mine too, Katie 🙂

thanks!
you're welcome, goodluck later 🙂

Thanks Munjeeta, Corine and all. Munjeeta, here's hoping you get a good result.

Warmest Regards Dodger

Hmmm... Not so good. Katie, you win! Mine was 8.1. Think the pressure of all your good guesses got to me 😛 I was quite disappointed as was hoping it'd be better, but looking at the averages my sofware's given over the last 3 months (Aug - 7.9, July - 8.1, June 8.1) I could've guessed... BUT the silver lining: the doc looked at how many hypoes I have and said that when I've done my DAFNE course in Nov I can get a pump 😱 Just like that 🙂

Hmmm... Not so good. Katie, you win! Mine was 8.1. Think the pressure of all your good guesses got to me 😛 I was quite disappointed as was hoping it'd be better, but looking at the averages my sofware's given over the last 3 months (Aug - 7.9, July - 8.1, June 8.1) I could've guessed... BUT the silver lining: the doc looked at how many hypoes I have and said that when I've done my DAFNE course in Nov I can get a pump 😱 Just like that 🙂

Wow, what a great silver lining Munjeeta! Sorry you were disappointed with the results this time, but I'm sure they're going to improve now!🙂

Hi Munjeeta , its good to see you posting again :D its a shame about the A1c , but you are making changes to try and get better levels so try not to be too hard on yourself !! hey thats good news about the pump , and so easy too , you must have a good health authority !

Hmmm... Not so good. Katie, you win! Mine was 8.1. Think the pressure of all your good guesses got to me I was quite disappointed as was hoping it'd be better, but looking at the averages my sofware's given over the last 3 months (Aug - 7.9, July - 8.1, June 8.1) I could've guessed... BUT the silver lining: the doc looked at how many hypoes I have and said that when I've done my DAFNE course in Nov I can get a pump 😱 Just like that 🙂

Hi Munjetta ..

Try not to be to hard on yourself ... 🙂 ...

Wow .. thats brilliant news about the pump .... please keep us posted how it goes ..

Heidi
xx🙂

wow great news on pump hun, dnt be to hard on yourself x like northener said wat great silver lining x

Hmmm... Not so good. Katie, you win! Mine was 8.1. Think the pressure of all your good guesses got to me I was quite disappointed as was hoping it'd be better, but looking at the averages my sofware's given over the last 3 months (Aug - 7.9, July - 8.1, June 8.1) I could've guessed... BUT the silver lining: the doc looked at how many hypoes I have and said that when I've done my DAFNE course in Nov I can get a pump 😱 Just like that

hmm im not sure how mine can be better, I must have too many hypos! or just be quick to correct my highs, because I get them all the time 😱

So have you decided you want a pump now? I know you weren't keen before...
Your HbA1c will definitely get better on the pump though so for for it 🙂

Hope you weren't too disappointed, you have been very busy lately so havent had as much time to work on it.

I see you saw my facebook status haha, oops I got found out 😉

Yes, definitely a great silver lining, thank you guys 🙂 And yes, been thinking about the pump a lot recently and I definitely think it's the way I want to go. I've really missed coming on here the last few weeks. And funnily enough,not being on here regularly (plus, I'm sure the stress of moving etc etc) has coincided with me feeling a bit down about the whole diabetes ithing... Coincidence?! I think not 🙂 But onwards and upwards, again!

Munjeeta thats good news about a pump, even though I don't think they should do it that way round- offer a pump before DAFNE.
I had news about DAFNE in my area so will be good to hear how you get on.

Munjeeta thats good news about a pump, even though I don't think they should do it that way round- offer a pump before DAFNE.
I had news about DAFNE in my area so will be good to hear how you get on.

I have to do DAFNE in order to be able to get a pump... Why do you think pumps shouldn't be offered before DAFNE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back