Group 7-day waking average?

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yes that didn’t sound very nice at all. Personally I would mention it, though admit I don’t know what causes them, other than some medications x
I don't see the need to mention it myself, they have far bigger things and people that need help rather than me bothering them with something that's been happening since I was a child, thanks though xx

EllsBells

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
That's what I was told and then they said the liver would catch up the next day and readings would go up. I stopped drinking around 9pm and I was at 7.5 from then until 11:30. I have an enzyme in my liver that doesn't like alcohol very much (I do!) but I don't know what that actually does or doesn't do.
A-ha - I get it now. I spent most of the day running about 0.8 higher than the past few days until late afternoon. So did some exercise and spiked at 8.1 when I got back. Hoping it will now plummet (moderately) for a great fasting read tomorrow.

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
7.6 today, nothing to add really. Have a good day x

merrymunky

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. Another 9.2 this morning. I’m starting to get quite disheartened as I have been eating well and the weight just isn’t coming off either at the moment. I don’t know what I did when I was first diagnosed that’s so different to what I’m doing now!

Gwynn

Good morning. Its a 5.0 this morning

The appointment for my wife with the GP yesterday was not what I expected. Some locum came on the phone and could not say or do anything but, thankfully, refered my wife back to the consultant. It was at that point that my wife admitted that she had already arranged an appointment with the consultant but had not told me. So no steps forward yesterday (or backward).

However, I am grateful for the way things turned out as the locum was next to useless, her GP seems to be incompetent and negligent, but the consultant seems to be very good and she trusts him.

I am still very angry at the GP (who is not an expert in mental illness) who agreed to my wife stopping her antipsychotic meds which resulted in her being sectioned some short time later. It wasn't just that. My wifes behaviour and thinking deteriorated and caused serious long term harm to the rest of the family.

goodybags

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good Morning world
5.3 @ 06.30 today

MeeTooTeeTwo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
4.5 for me today. :)
Stay safe and well.
Dez

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Gooood morning! :D 5.3 here.

It’s my big bother’s 60th birthday today. He works with one of his daughters, so he won’t be completely on his lonesome, which is a relief. I just hope he likes the traditional Welsh blanket I got him. Once we’re all safely out of lockdown, there’ll be LOTS of catch-up parties...can’t wait!:p

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning everyone. Woke to a 3.8, rising to 4.8 after some juice.
Last day of home workinh today, in work tomorrow and friday and back full time from next week.
@Gwynn i'm glad the GP wouldn't make the changes with your wife's meds. Its good she trusts the Constant though.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning

9.9 for me today
xx

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Morning everyone. 5.4. Managed a wee lie in, was awake at 5 worrying but dozed off. Now I’m up and worrying! Thought my baby and her baby would be coming home today but unfortunately baby has jaundice and was under the UV light last night. Good news is her blood cultures came back clear and so the little one is off the antibiotics. She’s also feeding a bit better. Hopefully I’ll have good news to tell you tomorrow. In the meantime another photo. Have a great day. :)

Attachments

• 481E8F90-7F82-4C6E-B060-ACD160B4265F.jpeg
    481E8F90-7F82-4C6E-B060-ACD160B4265F.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 12

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning everyone. 5.4. Managed a wee lie in, was awake at 5 worrying but dozed off. Now I’m up and worrying! Thought my baby and her baby would be coming home today but unfortunately baby has jaundice and was under the UV light last night. Good news is her blood cultures came back clear and so the little one is off the antibiotics. She’s also feeding a bit better. Hopefully I’ll have good news to tell you tomorrow. In the meantime another photo. Have a great day. :)
I’d say she’s a very fortunate baby being born into a family so overflowing with love :)

Maca44

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
4.5 for me abit moody today maybe because the sun does not have his hat on.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
5.7 and although I’ve got a day off today I’m in Zoom calls from 09:30 - 15:00. Mainly lawyers conference and talking with counsel about the case and court strategies.
Then I’ll veg out to fluff on TV I think.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
BG still stubbornly stuck in sixland with a 6.0 on this cold and foggy Berkshire morning after a decent night's sleep with, thankfully, no need to unblock my sinuses in the small hours. The 6.0 is actually an average of two readings, a 6.6 on one hand and a 5.4 on the other (answers on a postcard, please), as I always go for a second opinion if I get a higher or lower than usual result. Oddly my post-prandials are still all in the high 5s so no idea why my fasting levels are up there. Been that way since a couple of days after my AZ jab. Coincidence?

Wednesday so my wife had another 8am hook-up with colleagues in Japan so it'll be just me on the newspaper run shortly. No particular plans for the day (again) but looking forward to hearing what Rishi has to say later.

Have a good day, everyone.

Martin