Group 7-day waking average?

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@freesia levels have settled. Last few hours have been 5 - 5.5
And I feel considerably better now.

Really disconcerting day and I’m grateful that this forum was here for me to panic in!

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Also hope I don’t get another day like this in years. My fingers look like pin cushions, mysugr has gone berserk with the number of tests today and I’m going to need more test strips a little sooner than anticipated!

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@freesia levels have settled. Last few hours have been 5 - 5.5
And I feel considerably better now.

Really disconcerting day and I’m grateful that this forum was here for me to panic in!
Good that they've settled and you feel better.

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Also hope I don’t get another day like this in years. My fingers look like pin cushions, mysugr has gone berserk with the number of tests today and I’m going to need more test strips a little sooner than anticipated!
Hopefully it was just your body fighting something off and it was a one off. At least you're having some blood tests.

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
7.6 today, nothing else to report. Must run x

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A not unsurprising 6.2 this morning.

Maca44

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
3.7 for me I think it's time to come off Met my diet changes and exercise are doing their stuff, I just don't have any trust in my D nurse. Eye screen this morning so day off work.

goodybags

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good Morning 5.7

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good morning :) 7.7. for me today after rolling over and dozing for an extra hour :eek: :)

Congratulations @eggyg! :)
in_love.gif

Gwynn

Good morning 5.1 this morning.

Today my wife has a telephone GP appointment. She wants to reduce her meds regarding her paranoid schizophrenia....again!!!!

This same GP agreed last time and the result was my wife becomming very ill and being sectioned. So, I am very nervous of the appointment today.

Her consultant psychiatrist has written to the GP saying that he does not recommend reducing or stopping the meds, but I don't know if the GP has even read the letter. She seemed totally incompetent last time. Very pleasant, but incompetent.

If you are interested I will let you know the outcome of her appointment. Sorry for venting my worries here, at least it doesn't seem to have affected my BG reading this morning.

I have no one I can talk to, not because of the pandemic, but because my wife cannot cope with strangers, friends, the telephone, anyone at the front door, you name it. So sad.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Morning all. 6.5 for me, McVitties Ginger Nut failure! Never mind, it is what it is. Managed to speak to my daughter yesterday, at last. She sounded dreadful, still sleep deprived but it’s not baby ( still no name) it’s just the general cacophony of a hospital. I know exactly what she means, not restful places at all. She is desperate to come home but still need more tests on little one, also baby not interested in feeding at all, she doesn’t seem to know what to do, quite common in a prem baby, from mum or a bottle. Luckily managed to express some colostrum and got it into her via a syringe. Let’s hope more positive news today, as I’m feeling rather helpless through all this. Anyhoo, it’s looks like another gorgeous day, like yesterday, so that makes everything seem better. Have good day. :)

MeeTooTeeTwo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
4.8 for me today. :)

Dez

Maca44

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. 6.5 for me, McVitties Ginger Nut failure! Never mind, it is what it is. Managed to speak to my daughter yesterday, at last. She sounded dreadful, still sleep deprived but it’s not baby ( still no name) it’s just the general cacophony of a hospital. I know exactly what she means, not restful places at all. She is desperate to come home but still need more tests on little one, also baby not interested in feeding at all, she doesn’t seem to know what to do, quite common in a prem baby, from mum or a bottle. Luckily managed to express some colostrum and got it into her via a syringe. Let’s hope more positive news today, as I’m feeling rather helpless through all this. Anyhoo, it’s looks like another gorgeous day, like yesterday, so that makes everything seem better. Have good day. :)
I will always remember when our twins were born, 22yrs ago, my son was tiny as his sister took all the food in mums tummy so was very small and not feeding. It amazed me how these tiny little people soon change and start feeding, they are fighters. My son is now taller than me, 6ft 5" and often blames his sister for taking too much of mums tummy food.

These little miracles are stronger than we think bless them :D

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Her consultant psychiatrist has written to the GP saying that he does not recommend reducing or stopping the meds, but I don't know if the GP has even read the letter. She seemed totally incompetent last time. Very pleasant, but incompetent.
That’s frightening Gwynn. Sounds a bit like my GP who’s attitude to changing meds is also, “OK, that sounds good, if you want to increase/decrease just go ahead.” Totally reactive rather than proactive.
A couple of years ago my wife worked with a young chap who has epilepsy and was on medication. He’d not had seizures for a while so decided he didn’t need the meds and stopped taking them. He was surprised when the seizures returned.
I’ve no idea whether, during a lucid period, it would be possible to persuade your wife not to reduce or stop her meds.
There are lots of good people on this forum to support you.

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A couple of random thoughts and observations having been on this forum for 12 months now.

Great forum. But when I spotted this thread with over 3,000 pages it was extremely intimidating. I couldn’t contemplate wading through all those pages in order to understand what was going on. It took me some months to pluck up the courage to go to the last page.

I then went through the phase that most newcomers go through and, again, had to pluck up the courage to ask what “HS” means. I was bewildered by all the backslapping and even now when I see HS I think it’s a High Score on a gaming forum.

That‘s it...