Group 7-day waking average?

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Anitram don't confuse me! Was scrolling through and noticed a different avatar to usual and thought we had someone new joining in! LOL xx
St David's Day, so it's only for 24 hours. Back to normal tomorrow.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@rebrascora If only. No clue at all. Regular day. Typical walk.
My guess is that it’s something acute I’m fighting off under the surface maybe.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just taken two further readings from fingers I use most often and 3.2, 3.1

A little perturbed tbh but guess this is the body swinging back into balance after whatever caused the massive (for me) spike.

Got a Zoom meeting starting at 12:30 and will take readings before and after that. If it’s still screwy I may call 111 and ask for advice.

If I felt ok and just had the readings all over the place I’d not fuss quite so much but I’ve got a headache, feel a touch nauseous, and really thirsty.

Suggestions, thoughts etc?

Yesterday I had nothing out of the ordinary. Just stuck to the four exante shakes and plenty of water and the few decaf black coffees I usually have. Nothing unusual at all.

Birdy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good afternoon all. It's gorgeous sunshine here and not too cold. A white start though.
8-)
7.0 @ 8.41 today.

Did y'all see the blood moon last night! I was gobsmacked, it was huge and red, well orange. Fabulous. Part of me wanted to run away and hide under a rock though.
(rofl)

Apparently Steven Moffatt (Dr Who) is making a series of The Time Traveller's Wife. Fabulous as it's one of my fave books but the film wasn't that great.
tv

Good grief @ColinUK that is very low isn't it?! Best call.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just spoke with the GP - he said "don't panic" - booked in for HbA1C on Thursday and we'll see what the results of that are. Also routine bloods just to rule out anything untoward.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Apologies for the multiple updates.... 4.3 just now. And starving hungry. A bit shaky too.

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Apologies for the multiple updates.... 4.3 just now. And starving hungry. A bit shaky too.
Hope you feel better soon Colin. Fingers crossed it is just some sort of blip. x

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hope you feel better soon Colin. Fingers crossed it is just some sort of blip. x
Me too. 3.5 now - so had a little cheese and a Benecol shot. Will take it again in 30 mins and then cal lthe GP back.

Have checked the meter with the control fluid and am taking from three fingers a time at the moment and logging the average.

Yes I'm a little concerned.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
And last two readings 4.1 and then 4.3 so fingers crossed it’s settling back down.

Spoke with my GP again and he said monitor for the next two hours at 30min intervals and he’ll call me to check in.
He’s of the opinion that the wild fluctuations suggest it’s my body fighting off something acute rather than anything to do with the diabetes per se.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
And last two readings 4.1 and then 4.3 so fingers crossed it’s settling back down.

Spoke with my GP again and he said monitor for the next two hours at 30min intervals and he’ll call me to check in.
He’s of the opinion that the wild fluctuations suggest it’s my body fighting off something acute rather than anything to do with the diabetes per se.
I wonder if it is linked to the vaccine. Some of us have had odd lows as well as highs for quite a while after being vaccinated. I think I remember reading that you got the vaccine within the last week.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I wonder if it is linked to the vaccine. Some of us have had odd lows as well as highs for quite a while after being vaccinated. I think I remember reading that you got the vaccine within the last week.
Jabbed on the 17th Feb.

Newbie777

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello @ColinUK

Hope you get better soon and get to the bottom of the issue.

Best wishes Niaz

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

MAC2020

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I can’t stop crying, it’s been such a stressful three days. But yes so proud. Grandchild number 5, 4 of them girls! We’ll never be rich, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Many congratulations to the @eggyg family. Five grandchildren?! I beg to differ. You're rich already!!

Newbie777

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I cooked a roast dinner tonight, the extent of which wasn’t in my food diary, so I did some finger pricks.
I did a roast of lamb, red cabbage, cauliflower cheese, mushrooms and potatoes - and of course gravy and mint sauce. So far so okay. But pudding was dairy ice cream, hot toffee sauce, chocolate soil and white chocolate buttons. Not surprisingly my BG an hour later was 9.1 (the highest I’ve recorded for a long time) but I was relieved to be down to 7.5 after two hours.