Group 7-day waking average?

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning all. 4.3 here.

Watched “Isle of Dogs” last night - what a quirky film, loved it, but then couldn’t get to sleep thinking about it. o_O Lovely sunny day here, so far :D so might do a bit of gardening this morning.

Well done on reaching your weekly goal @Ditto. :p

I have no bum either @freesia - I thought cycling would help me develop a bit of a shelf back there, but no.:( My mum’s the same.

Michael12421

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@rebrascora Good morning. Yesterday was a strange day with readings. I went quite high at mid-day 13.4 so skipped lunch. At dinner I was still 13.6 so ditched dinner. 2 hours later - just before my bedtime - I was 3.1 so ate 5 biscuits that are high in carbs and just to be on the safe side I had 2 JB's and no bolus. Hope that things will settle down today.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@Michael12421 did you have the JB's before the biscuits? In that situation it would have been better to treat with JB's (I would've went at least 3 as that's the 15g that is advised) retested after 15 minutes and if still low treat again until you were back in range and then followed up with the biscuits xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had the biscuits first.
Yeah they are longer acting and should be used to back up a proper hypo treatment so my suggestion of treat the low with the JB's, retest, repeat if necessary and then back up with biscuits is the better approach seen as you were actually hypo, biscuits are not fast enough to treat a proper hypo and the fat in them would have delayed the effect of the JB's taken after xx

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Morning all. And another lie in, but in my defence I’ve had a terrible tossing and turning night. 6.7 for me today. Had a lovely day yesterday, sunny and warm ( ish) a walk without hat, gloves, scarf, or 15 layers! Then just arrived home and had a doorstep visit from daughter number 1 and our three youngest grandchildren. We haven’t seen them since Christmas, I may have given the three year old a little cuddle.;) I told her not to tell Boris and she replied “ Boris always on my telly!” Then a roast chicken dinner, you can’t go wrong with chicken, can you? New drama on the telly starring James Nesbitt. Perfect end to a perfect day. Let’s hope by the end of today we have something else to be happy about. Have a great day.:)

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. Catching up after a weekend away from the home office. Lots of HSs over the weekend I see so belated congratulations to everyone who got an elusive (for me) 5.2!

A 5.4 at 07:31 on Saturday. Did my usual routine of blitzing the house, changing beds, washing etc. I even got the carpet shampooer out and did the front room carpet which was covered in muddy dog paw prints. I had done 7,098 steps and climbed 19 flights of stairs so thought I would settle down and watch some rugby before remembering it was a rest weekend in the six nations. So being a glutton for punishment I hopped on the exercise bike and did 10 miles.

A 5.5 yesterday at 07:57. A lazy day followed. After three days on the bike, Sunday was a rest day so did a couple of yoga classes and a core strength workout then cooked a roast leg of lam for family dinner.

Another 5.5 for me at 07:18 this morning. I seem to be joining the @eggyg club :)

Grey, damp and miserable in West Berks to start the week. My son is back on teams this morning after half term.

Have a great week everyone

Maca44

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
4.0 Still stuck in the 4's I'm going to ask if I can come off the meds well Met anyways, will wait until HbA1c GP test mid March.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
4.8 this morning. Finally a number below 10, but that is on 150% Basal and Bolus, so the vaccine is still doing its work.

I hope you feel a lot better soon @Freddie1966 , give yourself time to recover fully.

@rebrascora beat me to it @Gwynn. I switched to some nice thick Greek yogurt with my breakfast and my levels behave a lot better. I also started making my own muesli with roasted quinoa flakes in place of oats and that reduced my carbs by about a third.

A lazy morning and a walk this afternoon when it promises to be sunny.

Have a good day.

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. Catching up after a weekend away from the home office. Lots of HSs over the weekend I see so belated congratulations to everyone who got an elusive (for me) 5.2!

A 5.4 at 07:31 on Saturday. Did my usual routine of blitzing the house, changing beds, washing etc. I even got the carpet shampooer out and did the front room carpet which was covered in muddy dog paw prints. I had done 7,098 steps and climbed 19 flights of stairs so thought I would settle down and watch some rugby before remembering it was a rest weekend in the six nations. So being a glutton for punishment I hopped on the exercise bike and did 10 miles.

A 5.5 yesterday at 07:57. A lazy day followed. After three days on the bike, Sunday was a rest day so did a couple of yoga classes and a core strength workout then cooked a roast leg of lam for family dinner.

Another 5.5 for me at 07:18 this morning. I seem to be joining the @eggyg club :)

Grey, damp and miserable in West Berks to start the week. My son is back on teams this morning after half term.

Have a great week everyone
My goodness, I'm worn out just reading what you get up to - Respect!!

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My goodness, I'm worn out just reading what you get up to - Respect!!
Middle of last year I was a couch potato who struggled to walk up stairs. Loving the new me! :)

Maca44

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well what a horrible gloomy morning we have here in Berkshire. Grey skies all around. If it gets any darker I wouldn't be surprised to see a street light or two fire up.

6.2 this morning so still running a little higher than usual. Been this way since a couple of days after my jab so presume that's the reason. From what I'm reading the jab's effective from Day 22, which will be next Tuesday. Hopefully I'll be back where I normally am after that.

Tooth still niggling and had to take painkillers just after 3am and have just taken some more, but have managed to get an appointment with my dentist for tomorrow. I can put up with it until then. I also know what's wrong - one of my crowns has worked loose. Must be due to all those nuts I get through.

Hope your Monday blues have gone away.

Martin

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Middle of last year I was a couch potato who struggled to walk up stairs. Loving the new me! :)
I think you're doing amazing - well done to you xx

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The other day I tried having breakfast cereal with water instead of milk as breakfast was one of the daily carb high meals. It was not very nice and went soggy very quickly. Interesting experiment, abandoned. I'll take the hit as I like my breakfasts...with a little milk.
I put single cream on mine, usually 70-80 ml. Hardly any carbs and a good dose of my daily fat allowance to slow the GI response and keep me going through until lunch.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning 4.1 for me had virus jab yesterday feeling rotten called in sick back to bed for me.
If it's anything like my experience you'll get that moment tomorrow when you realise that the side effects have all vanished and all is well!

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Little Miss Forgetful COMPLETELY forgot to post this earlier! :oops: 06:51 BS 9.2!o_O To be expected as I completely missed midnight LR: heard alarm but, too slow to respond & nodded off; slept very heavily last night after usual ish bedtime of around 18:30 & next time I woke it’s coming up to 7am!:eek: Asthma & breathing continued to ramp up a bit yesterday so, that’s all I can think it is! Still pretty mobile, though & nowhere near not being able to move much & bed bound, yet! Stuck in the whole lot of missed LR & breakfast dose of NR as from past experience the whole lot of basal IS needed albeit, late as I’ve tried the remaining dose method & it doesn’t work: possibly because of the extra resistance problem of T2’s as opposed to T1’s?:rolleyes: That’s for a “Umm” thinking emoji! Then, had breakfast & it was a surprisingly reasonable, approaching target range, 08:20 BS 10.5!:eek: Shocked me & so, fearing I could go hypo later, I kept an eye on it & 10:09 BS 14.8 NOW THAT is what I expected earlier but, maybe tested a mite bit too early while food hadn’t started to spike BS up to max yet?:rolleyes: Another “Umm” emjoi! I’ll test again when I take my midday meds & LR as usual! Also, keep a close eye on things because of the overlap in LR doses! I’m afraid it’s a “hopping on toes” day for me with extra testing!:oops::rolleyes:

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! ;)

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I put single cream on mine, usually 70-80 ml. Hardly any carbs and a good dose of my daily fat allowance to slow the GI response and keep me going through until lunch.
Interesting you use single cream rather than double. Is that out of preference or to watch the fat intake?

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. Nice and bright here. 7.0 @ 7.30am :)

Going to be an interesting day as due to being totally feckless I've ended up with nowt in to eat apart from tin of Baxter's pea&ham soup which I've just had for my brunch and some old cabbage and broccoli which I'll have for dinner with Anchor butter and black pepper on it...mmm... :D There's white bread in but I'm refusing to have it, plus huge tin of biscuits and ice cream. I had 100s last week, what the frilly heck did I do with it all? I've got to get organised... thank goodness it's pension day again tomorrow... on the bright side I will lose weight and my bg will go down, I'll keep you posted. :D