Group 7-day waking average?

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning all, 6.4 here. Woke up around 2am feeling a bit hypo. tested and was 4.9, but I don’t have a libre sensor on at the moment, so no idea if I was dropping fast, so had a jelly baby just in case. I probably only needed half a one, but how do you decide on the head or the feet in the wee small hours?

MeeTooTeeTwo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Snap @SueEK House Special for me too. :)
And very well done @Snowwy - those are great results. Keep doing what you're doing. :)
Stay safe and well.

Dez

Michael12421

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Take care @Michael12421
Thank you, I'm doing the best that I can. Trouble is that Toujeo does not have any half units. I normally inject 15 which results in low morning readings. If I only inject 14 then I get high morning readings - well high being 6 or above. I know that 6 is not considered 'high' but I don't want excess glucose in my system as it affects other health problems viz-a-viz viral infections.

stephknits

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all! 5.8 for me, well done on the HSs people.
Am off to do more stained glass for my mum, squeeze in a lesson and then going to the park with the girls and the dog. Back to sew up my Arnie and Carlos quarantine knit along patches into cushion covers. Phew, feel almost busy.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pleased to report a 5.6 this morning and it was 5.5 yesterday and the day before it was 5.1, so three 5s in a row.... maybe I am getting better at interpreting my Libre.... Can't remember ever having a straight hat trick of 5s. I am also up to 95% time in range and no hypos in the last 7 days, so I must be getting the hang of it. Need to order some more sensors as I am definitely hooked!

@SueEK WOOHOO!!! Many congratulations. I hope it is the first of many!
@MeeTooTeeTwo Dez, you are starting to make it look far too easy and putting the rest of us to shame! Well done!
@Snowwy Huge virtual pat on the back! Fantastic results! Congratulations.
@Michael12421 Sorry to see you woke up on another low reading. If you are going to take 15 units then maybe try going to bed on a higher reading... ie have a couple of biscuits with some cheese at bedtime, but waking up on 6s and 7s or even 8s is far better than 2s and should not encourage infections at those levels.

Gruers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pleased to report a 5.6 this morning and it was 5.5 yesterday and the day before it was 5.1, so three 5s in a row.... maybe I am getting better at interpreting my Libre.... Can't remember ever having a straight hat trick of 5s. I am also up to 95% time in range and no hypos in the last 7 days, so I must be getting the hang of it. Need to order some more sensors as I am definitely hooked!

@SueEK WOOHOO!!! Many congratulations. I hope it is the first of many!
@MeeTooTeeTwo Dez, you are starting to make it look far too easy and putting the rest of us to shame! Well done!
@Snowwy Huge virtual pat on the back! Fantastic results! Congratulations.
@Michael12421 Sorry to see you woke up on another low reading. If you are going to take 15 units then maybe try going to bed on a higher reading... ie have a couple of biscuits with some cheese at bedtime, but waking up on 6s and 7s or even 8s is far better than 2s and should not encourage infections at those levels.
Well done, great news

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
how do you decide on the head or the feet in the wee small hours?
Depends if it`s Male or Female @Robin? Guess which bit I would pick? :eek::D

6.2, on a cloudy day. Neighbours had to get me up and about this morning they worry
if I`m not around at a certain time Paramedics are usually laying next to me in bed.:D

You sure that was seaweed you picked up @ColinUK? our seaweed can`t be the same.
Hmmm but the seagull poo is, strange that.o_O

@SueEK the answer to your question is yes, congratulations on the HS along with @MeeTooTeeTwo :)

Well done @Snowwy.:)

Take care folks stay safe, going to put my swimming trunks on now tides coming in.
Quite along way to walk 100yds!!!!!! when you got no clothes on.:)

Bexlee

5.4 for me today

Congrats on the HS @SueEK and @MeeTooTeeTwo :)

Great job @Snowwy :)

Hope everyone has had a nice day.

Less stressful today on planet try and actually teach from home as I’ve figured out the tech google chrome v Firefox ????? Not really a clue but it’s now working. All signing and dancing Powerpoint presentation with a happy pleased and excited to be back voiceover completed and the whole thing converted to mp4 (impressed myself !) and positive comments from the kids - yay!!!

Nice to be normal teaching pretty much even if it is from home and only pre-recorded lessons and no kids in front of me. Although Friday I have potentially 130 for an online live lesson to mark questions ......gulp I hope they can tell me how to get sorted when I can’t remember how to present my screen !!!!

I am looking forward to July 17th. And the summer holidays - still be home but at least I can have a bit of a rest.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am going to have a go at getting blood out again tomorrow morning, it might not be so sticky if I'm not pigging out.

I'm fed-up as I'm having trouble breathing again. I keep getting a recurring pain under my right arm, towards the back, sharp and it gets worse if I try to take a deep breath. I've had it a lot lately. I hates being crook. :( When I get to 8stone I'll be fit as a flea. :D

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
5.1 this morning and a slightly stroppy floof who decided to wake me up by whacking me around the head with an non-extended claws paw and then sneeze right in my face.
You’ve not lived until you’ve had a cat sneeze in your face and look surprised as he engulfs you in a cloud of fish scented Dreamies breath first thing in the morning.

I’ll weigh myself in a bit but I’m over 10lbs down for June I’m sure. Also looking back at BMI logs from the scales and that’s dropped from an obscene 33.3 to 28.5 already. Obviously it’s got to drop further but still I thought that was pretty darned awesome.

Watched GBBO Professionals yesterday without wishing that I could dive through the screen headfirst into the entremet and chocolate tarts any of the teams had made, and that’s a first. Although maybe it was because I’m not that keen on Earl Grey tea as a flavouring in stuff that isn’t a hot wet beverage.

And talking about telly stuff I’m loving, and would wholeheartedly recommend, The Last Ship on Amazon Prime. Somehow I’d missed it entirely so I’m binging it. Naval destroyer on a mission and virus spreads across the globe destroying most of civilisation and wiping out most of the people bit because they were at sea for so long the destroyer is unaffected and is the last ship... it’s good. Silly in places but also raises moral questions as it goes.

Anyways I’ve rambled enough for now but don’t fear as I’ll be back later!

@Robin Use the logic of Solomon perhaps and just nibble it in half vertically?!

Last edited:

Snowwy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Morning all,
Yet another Heinz Special of 5.7, what's going on?
Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement yesterday, I have not found it easy but you guys (and gals) on the forum have really helped.
Just staring out the window watching two squirrels playing, such a joy in nature.

Blessings Snowwy

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
4.4 for me this morning. Nice and steady but too low for me to drive to work. Will see how it is after shower and breakfast.

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Forgot to post this earlier. 05:22 BS 6.6 :)

Already had breakfast & wee bit low on food, tesco delivery today 15:00 to 16:00, so, had cornflakes: don't eat cereals very often & a pack of cornflakes & a pack of "Oats So Simple" can last me about a year; cornflakes in an airtight Tupperware box! AND nearly always for dinner before bed as it's too heavy, I find, to start the day with! :rolleyes: But, needs must & I'll have food by the end of today albeit Lunch will be very late!:eek:

It's looking a bit brighter today after another cool/chilly ish night & had heater on again at 21C: only because of "The Tingles"; but, they ARE just starting to ease a bit in that they're not SO constant! Hopefully they're on the way out & I can be tingle free again? :rolleyes:

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day, with Sunshine on the Inside if there's not much of it on the outside! ;):D:p:cool:;)