Glasgow Meet - 10th June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always used the National Rail system and it has always been straightforward. Got a code, pick up tickets at station. Now you seem to be redirected to Avanti to buy tickets........why do things have to be so complicated!

I've always used the National Rail system and it has always been straightforward. Got a code, pick up tickets at station. Now you seem to be redirected to Avanti to buy tickets........why do things have to be so complicated!
I hate complicated! My brain just doesn’t do complex anymore.

Done... Avanti came to life! As somebody not wedded to a phone buying anything these days is overcomplicated.

At least with buying from Avanti I have the option of collecting tickets at the station and don't have to pay a booking fee.

I was just booking online a class at the local Sports Centre.

I had to state what country I was from. As if someone from Turkmenistan would be booking a class at the Milngavie Sports Centre!

Daft.

I was just booking online a class at the local Sports Centre.

I had to state what country I was from. As if someone from Turkmenistan would be booking a class at the Milngavie Sports Centre!

Daft.
Oh I know, and by the time you’ve scrolled down to UK you need a lie down!

I am now proud possessor of two bits of cardboard with printing on them which entitle me to get from Preston to Glasgow and back. No need to worry about Apps, phones, signals, state of charge and stuff like that.

Better not lose my wallet.

I am now proud possessor of two bits of cardboard with printing on them which entitle me to get from Preston to Glasgow and back. No need to worry about Apps, phones, signals, state of charge and stuff like that.

Because I use my phone for my Libre it’s always got plenty of charge, but I always screenshot tickets or anything with a QR code just incase there isn’t any 4G, or more likely because it’s takes me ages to find the right app which can be embarrassing. 😳

Will see you all there. I'll be arriving in Central too from sunny Gourock around about the same time (not booked ticket yet) 🙂

Will see you all there. I'll be arriving in Central too from sunny Gourock around about the same time (not booked ticket yet) 🙂
Look forward to meeting you.
Elaine

I’ve not been on for a while and fairly recently diagnosed. (Had my head in the sand need to get on top of things properly) I would possibly like to pop along but I’m not an early bird so would maybe be nearer 12/12.30 if that would be ok?

I’ve not been on for a while and fairly recently diagnosed. (Had my head in the sand need to get on top of things properly) I would possibly like to pop along but I’m not an early bird so would maybe be nearer 12/12.30 if that would be ok?
That’s great. Just drop in anytime. Elaine.

I’ve been trying to PM you to give you my number but unable to. Are you able to PM me?

Sent you a PM - have you got it?

I’ve PMd all of you who have expressed an interest in the meet up in Glasgow a week tomorrow. If you want to attend let me know, if not just ignore it. I won’t be offended at all. Elaine.

And I've got it!

Looking forward to seeing all attendees on Saturday. I live locally and would not miss it for anything. Thanks.
I’ll send you a PM with my contact details if you want to get in touch on the day. Look forward to seeing you. Elaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back