Glasgow Meet - 10th June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Now that it’s looking more likely that the rail dispute is, hopefully, on its way to being resolved, how about a get together?
It’s been a while, but we usually meet in a Wetherspoons on a Saturday about 11.30 ish before the lunch crowds. Have a bite to eat and maybe a drink or two, but mostly have a natter about everything and not just diabetes.
I thought May or June before the holiday season.
Any thoughts? All welcome new or old.
@Carolg
@C&E Guy
@Uller

Mike @everydayupsanddowns could you sticky this for me please.

I was also thinking about a Newcastle/Leeds/ Manchester one in the future too. I’m lucky that I can get to most places very easily by train.
@rebrascora
@Northerner

Now that it’s looking more likely that the rail dispute is, hopefully, on its way to being resolved, how about a get together?
It’s been a while, but we usually meet in a Wetherspoons on a Saturday about 11.30 ish before the lunch crowds. Have a bite to eat and maybe a drink or two, but mostly have a natter about everything and not just diabetes.
I thought May or June before the holiday season.
Any thoughts? All welcome new or old.
@Carolg
@C&E Guy
@Uller

Mike @everydayupsanddowns could you sticky this for me please.

I was also thinking about a Newcastle/Leeds/ Manchester one in the future too. I’m lucky that I can get to most places very easily by train.
@rebrascora
@Northerner
I would definitely attend a Leeds meetup.

Could make Glasgow.

Glasgow in May or June would be fine for me.

3rd June is Scottish Cup final so pub and station could be busy that day.

And there’s the Coronation on May 6th.

Last edited:
Glasgow in May or June would be fine for me.

3rd June is Scottish Cup final so pub and station could be busy that day.

And there’s the Coronation on May 6th.
Thanks for that. There’s three bank holidays in May, in England that is! I’ll put the remaining dates in a hat!

Sounds like a lovely idea @eggyg 🙂

Right, I’ve put the dates in a hat ( and double checked I’m free and it’s not a Bank Holiday and no coronations will be happening) and come up with is Saturday 10th June.
Last few times we’ve met at The Sir John Moore on Argyll Street, very close to Glasgow Central Station. Accessible and cheap and cheerful.
Can anyone make that? I don’t want to be a Billy No Mates 90 miles from home! Other dates will be considered if anyone has any particular preferences.
@C&E Guy
@Uller
@Carolg
@Northerner
@Docb
@MichelleF78
@rebrascora ? Or should we organise a Newcastle one too?

Everyone welcome from both sides of the border.

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it.

I've put it in the diary!

Mike @everydayupsanddowns could you edit the title please to include the date. 10th June. Thanks.

There is a train which gets into Glasgow at 11:35 - so if that is running in June, I should be there by 11:45.

Maybe? But, outside of tightly controlled situations, I am not very good at dealing with people face to face though. This is especially true in any kind of social setting, so I will need to think carefully about this.

Edit:
Okay I have added it to my calendar, but I am going to have to think very carefully about this.

Last edited:
Maybe? But, outside of tightly controled situations, I am not very good at dealing with people face to face though. This is especialy true in any kind of social setting, so I will need to think carefully about this.
Unfortunately I too struggle with social situations. I am good 1:1 but once it involves a group of people, just the thought of it is sending my heart rate up several points and we are 2.5 months away! 🙄
Added to that, I will almost certainly be showing with the horses that weekend (well most of the summer actually) so unfortunately I have to decline, much as I would love to meet all you lovely lot in person, I just couldn't cope with you all at once!

I might be up for a Leeds meet up! I could do there and back on a train in a day maybe.

Maybe? But, outside of tightly controlled situations, I am not very good at dealing with people face to face though. This is especially true in any kind of social setting, so I will need to think carefully about this.

Edit:
Okay I have added it to my calendar, but I am going to have to think very carefully about this.
Just do what pleases you. Don’t feel pressured. Be nice to meet you if you can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back