Getting very angry with Abbott over Libre 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the watch info both. Will have to take a closer look.

Looks like it works sometimes: http://jkaltes.byethost16.com/JugglucoWearOS/mmol.html

Overall it doesn't sound like an attractive option (to use Juggluco on the watch in either mode).
Reading through the juggluco information, it looks interesting and very much a work in progress. I think when I switch to Libre 2 I will add Oop2 and stay with xdrip+ using the phone as collector and my old Sony smartwatch as repeat.
The juggluco thing does look interesting thou

Have just had my 4th Libre 2 sensor fail to provide high/low glucose alarms since I started using (96 hours ago) the new Freestyle Libre 2 Reader Abbott sent me last week.

According to Abbott Customer Services there is still no scheduled date for when they will issue an update which will fix (hopefully) the issues to alarms and scanning on some Android and iPhones following updates to Freestyle Librelink app and Android and iPhone operating systems in the last six weeks.

Have just had my 4th Libre 2 sensor fail to provide high/low glucose alarms since I started using (96 hours ago) the new Freestyle Libre 2 Reader Abbott sent me last week.

According to Abbott Customer Services there is still no scheduled date for when they will issue an update which will fix (hopefully) the issues to alarms and scanning on some Android and iPhones following updates to Freestyle Librelink app and Android and iPhone operating systems in the last six weeks.
Really odd that the Libre 2 reader is not getting the alarms. I don't think I have seen anyone else post about that problem before. The Libre reader has always seemed to be the reliable fall back option for people. I wonder if the Blue tooth receiver is damaged.
I am due to get my first Libre 2 sensors this week and will be starting the first one on Sunday, so will be quite interested to see if I have any problems.

Really odd that the Libre 2 reader is not getting the alarms. I don't think I have seen anyone else post about that problem before. The Libre reader has always seemed to be the reliable fall back option for people. I wonder if the Blue tooth receiver is damaged.
I am due to get my first Libre 2 sensors this week and will be starting the first one on Sunday, so will be quite interested to see if I have any problems.
Yes, I've never read about anyone having problems with alarms using the Libre 2 Reader either.

Nor have I had that many Libre 2 sensors not do what they are supposed to do in one go before.

Impossible for me to tell if the Libre 2 sensors have come from a poorly manufactured batch. At least two of the four sensors were replacements that Abbott sent me in substitution for Libre 2 sensors that didn't last the full 14 days.

If only Abbott had Jay Blades and the BBC Repair Shop team; they'd sort this catastrophe out!

Am going to have to fingerprick test until I receive replacements from Abbott.

Anyway, I hope your transition to the Freestyle Libre 2 is uneventful and problem-free.

Last edited:
Counting down the last days of Libre 1.

@rebrascora Have you asked for one of Abbott's readers to take advantage of the alarms? Having access to both the new and old reader would give you options.

I wonder if people in NHS are aware of the problems people are having.
Don't think my area is they would more inclined to give people something else.

I've just been reading this thread and now realise why my alarms have stopped working. Luckily i've not had any issues as i scan often (apart from an overnight/early morning hypo the other day for which no alarm went off).

My sensor is due to be changed tomorrow night so am i right in thinking the alarms won't be available if i start it up with the phone? I do have a reader but its the convenience of the app that i like. I'm extremely not technical so reading all of the other things i could do makes me feel a bit panicky.

My sensor is due to be changed tomorrow night so am i right in thinking the alarms won't be available if i start it up with the phone?
The alarms are only available on the device which started the sensor. So if you started with the phone then the reader's not going to produce alarms (or read the sensor at all).

(If I understand correctly if you start the sensor with the reader and then use Juggluco on your phone, Juggluco can steal the Bluetooth (and so the alarms). I haven't tried that (and now I don't have a reader I won't).)

The alarms are only available on the device which started the sensor. So if you started with the phone then the reader's not going to produce alarms (or read the sensor at all
If the sensor is started with the reader should the alarms work on that? I assume its the app itself thats not producing the alarms?

Counting down the last days of Libre 1.

@rebrascora Have you asked for one of Abbott's readers to take advantage of the alarms? Having access to both the new and old reader would give you options.
Hi, yes, I have obtained a Libre 2 reader thanks and looking forward to trying out the alarms.

Reading on the xdrip forum I can see that Juggluco is making good progress towards taming Libre 3 (for use with xdrip on phone and watch). I will definitely give Juggluco some special attention in the near future.

8.7 today

It was time for a new sensor yesterday, so I uninstalled Librelink from my phone and installed version 2.5.3 which worked perfectly for me previously. I then started the sensor with my phone. I had thought I could also use the reader to read the phone if I did it right away, though I did not expect alarms on it, however, it's just telling me that I can't use the reader with the sensor as it has been started with anothr device. Although my phone is reading the sensor properly again I'm not now getting alarms. I thought it was just some setting, but I have carefully gone through all the settings on Librelink and cannot see anything wrong there.

Anybody got any idea what phone settings I may need to tweak?

Just to let everyone know, I received a couple of Libre 2 sensors from Abbott late yesterday.

I put one of them on. And my Libre 2 Reader gave me a couple of high glucose alarms. Hoorah!

So the Libre 2 Reader is working fine. I was just unlucky with four successive Libre 2 sensors.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2023!

Although my phone is reading the sensor properly again I'm not now getting alarms. I thought it was just some setting, but I have carefully gone through all the settings on Librelink and cannot see anything wrong there.

Anybody got any idea what phone settings I may need to tweak?
I think its still a problem with the app not giving alarms. My phone has always worked ok with the app for scanning but since the updates the alarms just won't work. I've turned the phone off, cleared cache, turned alarms off then back on, nothing makes them work. I hope they get it sorted soon.

I think its still a problem with the app not giving alarms. My phone has always worked ok with the app for scanning but since the updates the alarms just won't work. I've turned the phone off, cleared cache, turned alarms off then back on, nothing makes them work. I hope they get it sorted soon.
I'm not sure they are even trying Freesia.

Surely they would have to as they're marketing it as having alarms. If someone hasn't got a libre reader and has no hypo awareness, it could be fatal. Are DUK onto them do we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back