Forum's 2nd birthday meet - 13th November 2010, London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have to give this weekend a miss, sorry :(!

I'm trying to get my big bike license and I have to start by taking a CBT course which is a full day. The only weekend day they have free this month is, sods law, on the Saturday. Other than that its all weekdays and I've not got much holiday left from all these hospital appointments and check-ups lol 🙄

I'm going to try and sort something out to make the event, but not looking too likely at the moment. Sucks :(

Oi, just the other day you were telling ME to go haha.

Last edited:
So what times do people think they will be getting there?

Oh did we go to waterloo? :D Thought we went to victoria or something! Not far then, that's good. Yeah, don't want to risk missing the train!

I'll be walking from waterloo, not far if you go direct, ehy Northe'!😉

Won't be staying too late as got a free cheese & wine evening in the village!!!!

I go into Waterloo too, I am going to get the Northern Line to Leicester Square and then change to the Piccadilly Line to Holborn..

Hey guys- its much easier from waterloo to get on the 59 bus, bus stop right outside the pub! Only takes 5mins. It will say Kings Cross on the front.

I'll be travelling on the 59, if you want me to get off and meet you and we can all get back on again, just say the word!

So what times do people think they will be getting there?

Katie and I get into Victoria Coach station at around 11:30, so we will probably get to the pub around midday. 🙂 Is anyone else coming in to the coach station at around that time?

We'll be leaving at 8 pm

I'm getting a mid-morning train so should arrive at the pub by about midday. Hoping my t-shirts arrive before then! :D

I am travelling from Glasgow, very early, so I should be at the venue from 11.00

I am travelling from Glasgow, very early, so I should be at the venue from 11.00

That is an epic journey Hazel! Hope you have some good reading matter for the journey 🙂 You should get to the pub at about the same time as Shiv and Tom, which is handy as you already know what they look like! 🙂

Hope you all have a great time :D. Would of been nice to put face's to the names but I had already made plans to go to York for the weekend with my hubbie.

Hopefully will get to meet you all at the next one. How often to you get together?

Hope you all have a great time :D. Would of been nice to put face's to the names but I had already made plans to go to York for the weekend with my hubbie.

Hopefully will get to meet you all at the next one. How often to you get together?

We try and get things organised a few times a year Sheilagh, up and down the country. Hopefully, as more people get interested it will be possible to arrange things more frequently 🙂

i will be there!

my brother will also be there as there are a few sights we want to see. We will be travelling by coach to victoria does anybody have directions from the coach station?

also i notice west ham, c palace and millwall football teams are all playing at home and as my knowledge of london is poor are they anywhere near or will it have any effect on plans?

blue for saturday?

Hmmm just a thought...should we all wear something blue on saturday to mark World Diabetes Day?? Know there is talk of hats and funny tshirts...just an idea?? Could just be socks or something little if ppl dont want to go all out?

I'l prob be there around 2-3pm as got plans early morning etc...am tryin to rally my other d ppl too...see what i can do!

lots love x x x

i will be there!

my brother will also be there as there are a few sights we want to see. We will be travelling by coach to victoria does anybody have directions from the coach station?

also i notice west ham, c palace and millwall football teams are all playing at home and as my knowledge of london is poor are they anywhere near or will it have any effect on plans?

West Ham: Upton park is (according to mapquest) 8.7 miles from the pub (by car).
by underground:
Upton Park is the closest Underground station
Upton Park Station is on the District (Green) line, in Zone 3 and journey times from Central London are approx 45mins.
When you exit the station turn right. The stadium is then a two-minute walk (400yds) on your left hand side.

by bus:
Bus routes 5, 15, 58, 115, 147, 58, 104, 330 and 376
by rail:
Upton Park does not have a mainline railway station, however, the following stations can be used (with connections):

Stratford Mainline Station (First Great Eastern) then take bus route 104 or Underground (Jubilee Line then change at West Ham for District Line)
or
Barking Mainline Station (c2c railways) then take bus route 5 or Underground (District) Line

Crystal Palace: Selhurst Park 10.2 miles (by car from pub)
by rail:
Selhurst is well served by three overground train stations. Selhurst and Thornton Heath stations are served by London Victoria main line station, Clapham Junction, London Bridge (every 30 mins) and East Croydon (every 15 mins). You can also use Norwood Junction station which is served by London Bridge, East Croydon, Gatwick airport and a limited service from London Victoria.
by bus:
The following bus routes run past Selhurst Park Stadium:
468 - Elephant & Castle to South Croydon
X68 - Russell Square to West Croydon
75 - Lewisham to Croydon Fairfield Halls
157 - Crystal Palace to Morden

Millwall: The Den 4.5 miles (by car from pub)
by underground:
East London Line to Surrey Quays or New Cross Gate (approx 15 mins
walk). Jubilee Line to Canada Water (approx 20 mins walk).

by bus:
21, 53, 172, to Old Kent Road, P12 to Ilderton Road, 1 & 381 to
Rotherhithe New Road, 47, 188, 225 to Surrey Quays.

Hope that helps..🙂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back