Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh DUK

Former Online Community and Learning Manager
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
If anyone finds any bugs regarding the forum upgrade, please feel free to post them here and we will try and resolve them.

Best,
Josh

Hi Josh

As far as I can see there is no longer any information about the person’s link to Diabetes. It can be useful to know if the response is from someone with T1, T2 , T3, parent, carer.

There maybe a reason why this has been dropped, or it may be there but I have not spotted it. For info I am on an iPad viewing this.

Hi Josh

As far as I can see there is no longer any information about the person’s link to Diabetes. It can be useful to know if the response is from someone with T1, T2 , T3, parent, carer.

There maybe a reason why this has been dropped, or it may be there but I have not spotted it. For info I am on an iPad viewing this.

Thanks, Will look into it.

Last edited:
Hi Josh

Ditto to that. It doesn't appear on the Windows desktop version either.

Hi @Josh DUK - is there no longer a Recent Posts category? If so, where would I find it, after logging in?

Apologies, Josh, I just happened upon it, albeit labelled differently.

It looks all crisp and tidy on an iPad. Now just finding my way round things.

I was trying to find my conversations. They may have been renamed, or I am looking in the wrong place.
I pressed on my name, looked at my content. It is
Hi @Josh DUK - is there no longer a Recent Posts category? If so, where would I find it, after logging in?
As far as I can see they appear in New Posts. But then I never knew the difference between these on the old format.

Just found the tab What’s new.
There they are.

Still not sure on the difference between New Posts and Recent Posts, but that is nothing to do with the upgrade.

I was trying to find my conversations. They may have been renamed, or I am looking in the wrong place.
As far as I can see they appear in New Posts. But then I never knew the difference between these on the old format.

Sb2015, there seems to be a category "Latest Posts" or such like. I got there via "What's new" at the top of my screen. Behaviour having posted from , but I'll notify that once proven

In the Members section, I am wonder what the purpose of the ‘most posts’ and ‘most reactions’ is.

Hi Josh

Thank you so much for picking this up! We may have glanced over this during our testing phase. I told the forum architect and hes looking into the solution. You can still view peoples relationship to diabetes on there profile in the mean time.

Viewing on a Samsung S2 on android. The label giving phone number and donate button is partially off the screen in portrait mode. This means that any swiping of the screen can make everything move left, loosing some of the left hand side of the screen. Annoying!

PS Legibility looks good.

Hi Josh

@SB2015 I fixed it!

Last edited:

I found my conversations by clicking on the little envelope symbol, between my name and the bell symbol, which is alerts, at the top right hand side of the page.

Hi Josh - not a bug report, but just wanted to say on a first wander around, it all looks very good.
It displays much better, and is more user friendly. I particularily like the 'hover over' postings and get an immediate preview facility.
Well done to you and the team.

Hi Josh - not a bug report, but just wanted to say on a first wander around, it all looks very good.
It displays much better, and is more user friendly. I particularily like the 'hover over' postings and get an immediate preview facility.
Well done to you and the team.

That means so much to us! I appreciate it. I want to make sure its the best possible experience for everyone.

I'm using my ipad in portrait mode, and I’m finding the lines of text are very long, and the print very small, as per the (hopefully) attached screenshot. Sometimes when I click on a new post, I get a brief glimpse of larger text and shorter lines, but then it jumps to long lines and small print. l. C7674B72-CF8A-4576-833E-36F162E71D55.png

I'm using my ipad in portrait mode, and I’m finding the lines of text are very long, and the print very small, as per the (hopefully) attached screenshot. Sometimes when I click on a new post, I get a brief glimpse of larger text and shorter lines, but then it jumps to long lines and small print. l. View attachment 13245

We can change the text size quite easy, but we may poll everyone on text size just in case. we matched it with the old forum size.

We can change the text size quite easy, but we may poll everyone on text size just in case. we matched it with the old forum size.
It’s definitely coming out smaller than it used to on my ipad, I happened to have a screenshot I took of a post I made on the old system, so I counted up and there are approximately 75 characters (including spaces) per line. Here, I’ve got around 130. I suspect that as other people are saying how good it is, and I'm feeling I suddenly need stronger glasses, there may be a glitch on the ipad when in portrait mode.

It’s definitely coming out smaller than it used to on my ipad, I happened to have a screenshot I took of a post I made on the old system, so I counted up and there are approximately 75 characters (including spaces) per line. Here, I’ve got around 130. I suspect that as other people are saying how good it is, and I'm feeling I suddenly need stronger glasses, there may be a glitch on the ipad when in portrait mode.

I will test it on the ipad when I home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back