• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Forgive me for I have sinned

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
KFC tower zinger, couldn't resist, how many carbilicious carbs? haven't injected as been on thee source, but it would be good to ken!

Mmmm, kfc, no I wouldn't have resisited either!

Looked it up, a zinger tower burger is 65.5g of carbs...

You serious!! I better get my tools out! Where did you find that out Aymes???

Shieeet, you're right (not that I would question you!) strange website addy, kfc/nutrition?? as if I went there for that!

Still just tested only at 7's now, hmm beer playing it's game! I'll keep an eye out for what goes on, at worst adjust by lunch!

PS do a lot of fast food joints have such information on websites??

I think most of the main ones do now. I don't eat fast much much but if I do if I google the name of the place and 'nutritional' info something will usually come up.

Cheers I'll bear it in mind for future, but to be honest I cannay remember (much!) when I last had anything from a fast food joint!!

Most also have nutritional information in the shops / restaurants eg McDonalds & Burger King print nutritional information on the back of paper tray covers (or used to last time I looked about a year ago). As a rough guide, most burger buns contain approx 40g CHO.

Most also have nutritional information in the shops / restaurants eg McDonalds & Burger King print nutritional information on the back of paper tray covers (or used to last time I looked about a year ago). As a rough guide, most burger buns contain approx 40g CHO.

they still do :) there's also nutritional information on the boxes now aswell (in mcds at any rate!)

Ah you should have seen my tea last night on the road coming back from Wales. Two pork pies and a small portion of chips. Nice. Despite my blood being at 13 at the time.

Ah you should have seen my tea last night on the road coming back from Wales. Two pork pies and a small portion of chips. Nice. Despite my blood being at 13 at the time.

I'm having pork pies tonight - saw them on the shelf and couldn't resist. Don't think I've had them since diagnosis. A lot of sat fat, and probably salt too, but once a year's not going to hurt is it?:eek: I like them either with generous dollops of brown sauce to dip in, or in a dish with baked beans or mushy peas! I know, not very exotic, but one of those meals I remember from childhood:)

Ah pork pies. Lovely. One evening at school after I'd gone into town I bought a half kilo pork pie and ate the thing in one go. No wonder I felt a little off colour! Was very nice though. I try not to limit myself in what I eat. I don't think that there's anything that I can or can't eat because I'm diabetic. I eat pretty much whatever I want. I probably shouldn't but what the hell, you only get one chance at life so you've got to enjoy it while you can.

Tom

I must admit, last time I took Nathan to McDonalds, the carb content was printed on his cartons...and I was quite shocked with the amount..If I remember the whole meal came to about 100g of carb. Having said that it was a treat, as we dont eat fast food very often.

Heidi
xx:)

OOOOO...Tom and Northerner....:)

You've set me off now wanting pork pies.....mmmmmm:)...Last one I had was when my friend brought me one back from her weekend break..from Melton Mowbry....Delicious.....Brown sauce all the way for me too.....

Heidi
xx:)

Mmm pork pies! Love 'em and can't get enough. Shame they're a bit bad for you!

Get a decent pork pie and it is. Sainsburys ones are nice but you really want a Melton Mowbray one.

Back