Flu jab

Felinia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I thought it was 50. And https://assets.publishing.service.g...7149/Letter_annualflu_2020_to_2021_update.pdf confirms that, though it's less absolute than I thought.

As a summary: it's the usual groups (which includes 65 and over) and a few others (for example children aged 11 on 30 August 2020), and then subject to vaccine supply they might extend it to anyone 50 and over. So it sounds like people 50-64 might have to wait.
My neighbour, a 52 year old with a heart condition and Type 2, has been told he will have to wait. But I at 70 got straight in, as did my 82 year old neighbour with COPD.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My surgery are initial doing those that would normal have the vaccine.
I would have thought your neighbour would have been eligible too. I am having mine on Thursday.

Bruce Stephens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My neighbour, a 52 year old with a heart condition and Type 2, has been told he will have to wait.
That doesn't seem correct. "diabetes" is one of the qualifying chronic conditions. Chronic heart disease also is, but I imagine it depends on the details (whereas it seems to be any kind of diabetes).

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That doesn't seem correct. "diabetes" is one of the qualifying chronic conditions. Chronic heart disease also is, but I imagine it depends on the details (whereas it seems to be any kind of diabetes).
It may depend on vaccine supplies. Over 65s get a different sort (trivalent with adjuvant) to under 65with chronic conditions (quadrivalent). Our surgery is starting off with the over 65s, and I suspect it’s because they’ve got the stocks of that vaccine in already.

Bruce Stephens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
t may depend on vaccine supplies. Over 65s get a different sort (trivalent with adjuvant) to under 65with chronic conditions (quadrivalent).
Ah, good point. Yes, there are several reasons for delaying and that's one that can definitely happen.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It may depend on vaccine supplies. Over 65s get a different sort (trivalent with adjuvant) to under 65with chronic conditions (quadrivalent). Our surgery is starting off with the over 65s, and I suspect it’s because they’ve got the stocks of that vaccine in already.
I thought that was a one off the other year .

!!OnlyMe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
yes you're right I checked and it's 50 here too at the Welcome pharmacy. Our Boots and Tesco locally can't to it, and we don't have Lloyds or Asda, so the Welcome is the only one in our area we can go to.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well just seen my Surgery posting on Facebook tomorrow is the first Flu Clinic, they are letting know people not to queue more than 5 mins before appointment and to have arm uncovered ready. My appointment is 11.32 tomorrow.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Doc came out to see Mum yesterday, she's had puffy ankles etc and she jabbed us both while she was here. Sorted! We've got sore arms now tho' and never had that before, well not so much.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well i went it was very well organised , though not need one of the footpaths that lead to the surgery is spaced and arrowed Flu Clinic and social distance. There was a person at the entrance with a clip board , taking name and appointment time, then lead inside to foyer temperature check and sanitised hands, then lead into what used to be waiting room, then well distanced stations maned by nurses, directed to one , everything on the table to hand vaccine administered, then directed to a gentleman who directed me out via a side door.
I was directed also to take an information leaflet on the vaccine, I dont remember having been given one before.

nonethewiser

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Asked in Morrions if doing it, said only 65 & over for now, apparently different vaccine for them, said other will be available beginning of October

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Organised ours with local pharmacy at the end of the road. They are doing evening sessions with timed appointments. Seems very sensible to me, I was wondering how they would organise themselves trying to keeep ordinary and flu jab people apart and that should do it.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I must pop into my pharmacy and see what their situation is. i was in the other day and it slipped my mind!

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had mine this evening, 6pm appointment made online last week. Despite being advised that the protocols required me to bring my own pen the assistant handed me a clipboard containing the form I had to fill in, and then proceeded to offer me a pen. No thanks, I said - I brought my own. I resisted the temptation to add 'like I was told I had to'.

Martin

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I wonder if this because you were having at a Pharmacy you had to sign, I did not at my surgery.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We both had ours at or GP surgery at 12.15 today. Been having them for donkeys years, never had to sign anything cos the actual nurses who do them usually know us anyway - more esp. me LOL Never even felt it going in - now that is unusual!