Flu jab

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
No I booked mine a couple of weeks ago , I am having it next week. Don't usally have them earlier than this.

!!OnlyMe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
No, I tried to book today and was told they're not handling them this year, and a letter from the health board will be sent out in September. It's September now, so I tried Tesco's - not a sausage, and Boots nearest is Dumfries. I don't really want to wait for the wheels of red tape to turn so want to find a pharmacy. May be one 13 miles away so will ring them. just wondered what the situation was with other people.

!!OnlyMe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well what the receptionist said on the phone was that they're not handling them, so maybe the GP will do it but you can't make an appointment. The mysterious letter may arrive sometime soon - I hope.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
No, I tried to book today and was told they're not handling them this year, and a letter from the health board will be sent out in September. It's September now, so I tried Tesco's - not a sausage, and Boots nearest is Dumfries. I don't really want to wait for the wheels of red tape to turn so want to find a pharmacy. May be one 13 miles away so will ring them. just wondered what the situation was with other people.
Now I am in England and often Scotland is differnt.
I would not totally dispare, I asked about what my surgery were planning this year when I spoke to my Diabetic nurse, it had not been finalised then. I then received a text a few days later inviting me to contact the surgery to book. I then booked.

!!OnlyMe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I haven't had a clinic appointment since January, and no sign of an eye test - last one was 18 months ago.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Our surgery has a note on the website to the effect that they will be doing them, but need to match up dates with when they’ve got supplies of the vaccine in, and they haven’t announced any dates yet.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I haven't had a clinic appointment since January, and no sign of an eye test - last one was 18 months ago.
You need to check on your local Eye Screening website for what they are currently doing or contact them. You could also do the same with your clinic to see what the situation is with them.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Called into the local pharmacy to ask about flu jabs and Richard (the pharmacist) told me that they were hoping (yes hoping) to have the position with respect to availability to be resolved next week. I'll call in next week and find out if anything has happened. I suspect that all pharmacies and GP surgeries will be in the same position.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just booked mine with our local Boots. First available appointment was 6pm on Friday 18th, so not so bad. No appointments available anytime during normal store opening times for the next 2 weeks so looks like they're getting pretty busy this year if they're having to offer evenings.

Martin

!!OnlyMe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Eye screening in Scotland is postponed since April until further notice due to you know what. My clinic is always with the practice nurse at the GP surgery so I guess that's on hold indefinitely as well.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Eye screening in Scotland is postponed since April until further notice due to you know what. My clinic is always with the practice nurse at the GP surgery so I guess that's on hold indefinitely as well.
Mine's overdue, too. I did have my annual (well, 4 months late) eye test a few weeks ago and they took photos. I know High St opticians don't examine the photos is as much detail as at a diabetic eye screening, as they're looking for things like AMD, but they said everything looked normal. Which is something, I suppose.

Martin

!!OnlyMe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes I had an optician's test in January, so 8 months back now, but as you say, everything seemed ok. I've managed to get on a waiting list for a flu jab at a pharmacy and they'll contact me when they get supplies, but they have no idea when that will be. It's definitely a time to be pro-active.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So is mine, when i rang a couple of months ago , I was told it was phone only , did not see the point so did not bother. I was told the same a month later,so booked along with an Asthma one. First thing nurse said I needed to be sen for Diabetes to have bloods and checks followed by a phone appointment with results. Which she booked for me whilst on the phone, then we did the Asthma bit.
Why don't you give your surgery a call.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Anyone out there finding hard to get the flu jab?
No letter from surgery, tried to contact them an endless queue. Went to Boots and booked a flu jab. All set for Oct 7.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My local Pharmacy has note in the Window they are taking names but no dates.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had a pneumonia jab when I went for bloods this week, and the nurse had to go and get it out of the big locked store because the fridge is brimming to overflowing with flu jabs. Maybe South Yorkshire has hogged the lot!