fajhitas for our 'big night in' wed 24th feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Roast on a wednesday?? Well I guess we could always move the experiment day to a sunday!!😉

PS I've failed, I'm to pick up chips from Mr. Monk on way back from picking up wifey so it's left over curry and chips. I'll try and do it friday...

Hiya

Roast sounds good on any day to me. Love it and Jessica always hypos after a roast, so that will be interesting to see what happens.

I would love to suggest a curry but it is hard to get Jessica to eat a curry and I have to remember this experiment is for Jessica and not me !!

Think i might of said this already but that meal 2night was the best i have had in ages, and what made it even better was my son got involved and ate 2 fajhitas he is never that daring as to try things like that but he devoured them both down, he wants them again next wednesday i said i will have to see what the forum is doing . :D:D

p.s I think i have the best results so far as well which makes things alot sweeter.

I am really surprised at how high Alex went on the fajhitas! Although he isnt well with a sore throat etc so perhaps this has added to the levels. Or perhaps I should have done a straight bolus instead of a dual wave? It has been a very interesting experiment though! I dont know what we are doing for next week. I think perhaps we should have another poll - what do you think? I am thinking we should try a rice dish of some sort. I have just remembered that I had said we should do a very low carb meal so that some type 2's could join in and type 1's could test their evening basal. Any thoughts?🙂Bev

I'm well impresed with my sugar levels!!!

I like the idea of the no/low carbs. Just gotta have enough warning =)

Steph - brilliant results - you can eat fajhitas every meal now! lol:D

Lou - also great result for you - well done!

Randomange - Excellent - I think I went wrong by doing the dual wave - so have learnt a lot tonight.

Will look forward to reading all the results tomorrow when a few more will be added. 🙂Bev

Steph - brilliant results - you can eat fajhitas every meal now! lol:D

Lou - also great result for you - well done!

Randomange - Excellent - I think I went wrong by doing the dual wave - so have learnt a lot tonight.

Will look forward to reading all the results tomorrow when a few more will be added. 🙂Bev

LOL bev well yeah seems so , sorry to hear alexs resutls were on the high side

Hiya

Yep happy with a low carb meal but can't have no carb meal. I think the low carbers will have to come up with something that will tempt us !

Rice would be a great one to do Bev, I have real problems with that. How about a homemade curry with rice one week. I have a lovely recipe I could post and you can make it as hot or not as you want. It is a very easy curry, I don't do complicated cooking !

Hi Adrienne,

Sounds good to me - curry and rice - Alex has only ever tasted curry once and that was a korma! Also a roast would be great as we find them hard too. Can J not have a no carb meal because of her other condition? I hadnt thought about that. How do you do a basal test or dont you? I have only done a couple since Alex has been pumping.

I think I will put a poll on with lots of low/no carb and we could do them over the next couple of weeks etc if everyone wants to. We could get a choice of 5 and go for the top one voted. Looking forward to reading J's results when she has her fajhitas.🙂Bev

LOL bev well yeah seems so , sorry to hear alexs resutls were on the high side

Thanks Steph - no need to feel sorry though - I have learnt so much tonight so at least we can change insulin requirements for future! Have you changed your meds since seeing your gp or are you on the same as last week.🙂Bev x

Thanks Steph - no need to feel sorry though - I have learnt so much tonight so at least we can change insulin requirements for future! Have you changed your meds since seeing your gp or are you on the same as last week.🙂Bev x

No change in meds since gliclazide 2 week ago hun. Im not going to get myself stressed anymore cause of my gps negligence x

hya all

sorry its late but we had fajhitas for tea tonight.

We had chicken breast, onion, red and green peppers, salsa and low fat sour cream and chives. Wholemeal fajhitas. Jack had 2.

Jack took his usual 7 units of humalog mix 25

b/s before 6.7
1 hour 8.8
2 hours 5.3

Not bad but seeing as hes just about to go to bed hes had a bigger snack than usual with only being 5.3 band will re-test again.

Gem

Hi Gem,
Great numbers so far - glad you took part too! I need to sort out this weeks one - will do soon. Looking forward to reading your results.🙂Bev

Ye Ive been meaning to take part for a while. They are good numbers aren't they. Will have fajhitas more often haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back