fajhitas for our 'big night in' wed 24th feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very funny Bev, now go away and stop confusing my pea sized brain. I am now very late for school and have had to ring Jessica's one to one, who happens to go swimming lessons as well, to take Jessica and I'll meet her there !!!

Hi

I wouldn't worry too much, if you don't want to do it then no problem.

I think that all T2's can make their own mind up though and they will soon decide if a problem or not. It all depends on how well their pancreas is actually working, how much exercise they actually do. Each person with T2 is very different and Steff has found out what works for her due to pizza night last week. I know that is not great news for Steff but quite frankly how absolutely marvellous that an easy experiment has shown Steff this.

Steff knew pizzas were a problem for her before she did the experiment, as the word "still" in her post that night on the two hopur result showed .."pizza are still a problem". It just reinforced what she already knew, you knew the same as her but side-stepped it.

We are going to have a go tomorrow. We (OH and me) are going for the monthly big shop in the car tomorrow and I've added it to the list.

If I'm high after then I'll go for a walk. 10 mins very brisk walking burns off 1 mmol/L for me.

This is getting exciting. Never had Fajitas before...🙂

Steff knew pizzas were a problem for her before she did the experiment, as the word "still" in her post that night on the two hopur result showed .."pizza are still a problem". It just reinforced what she already knew, you knew the same as her but side-stepped it.

Peter,
I have no idea why you feel the need to constantly make comments about what people do and dont do - frankly its none of your business.:confused: People with diabetes have enough negative comments thrown at them - they really dont need the 'diabetes police' telling them whether they should take part in an experiment or not.
If you choose not to take part - then that is your choice - but please refrain from commenting on peoples results in such a negative manner. The results are for those individuals to learn from - they are not there for you to 'pull apart' and berate at every opportunity.😱
Some of your comments are very helpful and interesting - but some are really quite insulting and there is no place on this forum for those sort of negative remarks. This forum is *known* for its friendliness and positiveness - please let it stay that way.🙂

There are hundreds of forums that seem to enjoy making people feel 'silly' or 'useless' or 'bad' at dealing with their diabetes and seem to find fun in squabbling between themselves about who eats the most/least carbs and who is 'better' at dealing with diabetes. This forum is not one of them. This forum is here to help and educate people who ask for it. Nobody is made to feel silly because of their lack of knowledge or understanding.

Like I say - if you dont want to take part in any of the 'big nights in' then that is your choice - just stop trying to put a negative spin on them.🙂Bev

well said bev xxxx This is a SUPPORT FORUM support = constructive comments.... which often yours are, please be alittle more sensitive to peoples needs.

Tortillas
El Paso
soft flour : 60/100g carbs, 326g pkt... 8 tortillas 24.45 carb per tortilla
wholemeal:51.1/100carbs, 350g pkt 6 tortillas...30g carb per tortilla
(info from El Paso website)
Discovery
Plain flour: 49.6/100g carb, 320g pkt... 8 tortillas.... 19.8 g carb per tortilla
Chilli & Jalapeno Tortilla: 44.8/100carbs, 320g pkt...8 tortillas...17.9 carb per tortilla

Mix (if you don't make your own)
El Paso(35g pkt) 54/100g
Discovery (30g pkt) 35/100g
(also sugar is the first listed ingredient in the El paso mix, it's 5th in the Discovery one)

Hope this might help someone

OOoooo chilli & jalapeno... Maybe not for my fajitas but I fancy finding them to make something in!! yumtastic 🙂
All this talk of fajitas is making my mouth water! They are my favourite things in the whole wide world. Once I used a leftover fajita wrap from dinner as pudding and put peanut butter n honey on it then rolled it up really tight so it was all swirly & tasty.
I will post my results on Saturday from my fajita dinner:D

Peter,

Like I say - if you dont want to take part in any of the 'big nights in' then that is your choice - just stop trying to put a negative spin on them.🙂Bev

Hi bev,
sorry you think I have been making negative comments on the experiments. I have followed them with interest and simply discussed them in a rational way, drawing conclusions from them.
Not I have sought to discourage anyone from taking part in them. Why would I ? The more the merrier as far as I can see because then the conclusions are more meaningful.

I have fajhitas planned for dinner tomorrow night, so i am going to join in. I've started DAFNE 5 weeks ago and still having a few problems with it, so it will be interesting to see how i go. x

Im joining in tomoz. Does anyone have a link to carb list online as my book still not arrived!

i will be joining in tomorrow as personally i have found the results intresting {spelling sorry} not a great fan of fajhatitas but the kids and hubby loves them i give anything a try 🙂

Had mine tonight, they were yummy! An hour in, results ok so far.....

Peter you keep referring to me like i was a guinea pig , i chose to take part in the pizza experiment yes you may call me stupid for taking part BUT the one that caused me problems was a shop bought last week i tryed to make my own as i thought that might make a diffirence,I would appriciate it if i could stopped being used as a bad example or a thick diabetic.

But don't you ever try things more than once!! It would be very silly not to in my opinion. I think Steff did exactly the right thing by having a pizza under a controlled situation which I can bet you she hasn't done before. Most people do not eat and then test hourly, so this was a very good experiment for Steff. I sincerely hope that she goes on to experiment in pizzas more. She could make her own using all sorts of different bases and topping combinations to find a way to make it fit her. This of course is if she likes pizzas.

I have to say I have no idea what your message means apart from that bit.

Are you saying that because I knew that pizzas were a nightmare for my daughter that I side stepped doing it ie didn't do it.

That is not right. We didn't do it because it was half term and we were away. I said weeks ago we couldn't do half term. My daughter loves pepperoni pizza and I just keep on trying different insulin combinations in the same way I would hope that Steff would keep on trying different pizza combinations.

I don't think you need to necessarily keep pointing out people's downfalls and errors really as sometimes they are not quite right !

Peter you keep referring to me like i was a guinea pig , i chose to take part in the pizza experiment yes you may call me stupid for taking part BUT the one that caused me problems was a shop bought last week i tryed to make my own as i thought that might make a diffirence,I would appriciate it if i could stopped being used as a bad example or a thick diabetic.

I hope I haven't offended you Steff, I have been using you as a good example of a good type 2 diabetic who is exploring all possibilities, hope that has come through ok.

I too don't like the criticism you have had, it is unnecessary.

Hi steff,
i haven't called you "stupid", "a bad example" or "thick". Nor would I ever.
Please don't twist and misrepresent the meaning and motive what other posters post. That goes on enough on this board.
Your results in the pizza test were important because you were the only T2 on meds to take part in it. Your experience is the only evidence we have to look at for that group of people. Your result was not just significant for yourself but for every T2 diabetic.
We know you made your own pizza for the test ( because you told us that before the test) .And I think that was good move. Did you find it frustrating that the self-made pizza didn't seem to make much difference ?
I've taken to making my own pizza over the last couple of years but that was to control the amount of fat rather than carbs.

Had mine tonight, they were yummy! An hour in, results ok so far.....

Hi Aymes,
I have put the results thread up for you to fill in - I will be watching with interest!🙂Bev

Are you saying that because I knew that pizzas were a nightmare for my daughter that I side stepped doing it ie didn't do it.

That is not right. !/QUOTE]

Sorry if I mmisrepresented you Adrienne, I was just remembering your comment the other day about pizzas,,,,,,,,,,"We have horrendous readings with pizza so stear clear" ......and wrongly assumed that you didn't part becasue of your horrendous experiences with pizzas.

Hi steff,
i haven't called you "stupid", "a bad example" or "thick". Nor would I ever.
Please don't twist and misrepresent the meaning and motive what other posters post. That goes on enough on this board.
Your results in the pizza test were important because you were the only T2 on meds to take part in it. Your experience is the only evidence we have to look at for that group of people. Your result was not just significant for yourself but for every T2 diabetic.
We know you made your own pizza for the test ( because you told us that before the test) .And I think that was good move. Did you find it frustrating that the self-made pizza didn't seem to make much difference ?
I've taken to making my own pizza over the last couple of years but that was to control the amount of fat rather than carbs.

Yeah it was frustrating because i assumed that would make a significant diffirence but it did not.

Yeah it was frustrating because i assumed that would make a significant diffirence but it did not.

Steph, I often make Alex a 'healthier' version of pizza. Its just a wrap with tomato puree spread on it and lots of fresh herbs and a small amount of grated cheese and put in the oven for 5 minutes - he loves them and they dont do awful things to his levels. You can add onion. mushrooms, and sweetcorn. Might be worth a try.🙂Bev

Steph, I often make Alex a 'healthier' version of pizza. Its just a wrap with tomato puree spread on it and lots of fresh herbs and a small amount of grated cheese and put in the oven for 5 minutes - he loves them and they dont do awful things to his levels. You can add onion. mushrooms, and sweetcorn. Might be worth a try.🙂Bev

Thanks Bev sounds tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back