fajhitas for our 'big night in' wed 24th feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Aymes,
I have put the results thread up for you to fill in - I will be watching with interest!🙂Bev

Thanks bev. Things starting to go downhill ( or maybe I should say uphill) at the 2hr mark. Will add them to the main thread in a moment but:

start: 6.7
1hr: 9.2
2hr: 13.6 - boooo

Not the best but not going to take any action yet, I find novorapid tends to do the most to me around 2.5 hrs so I'll see where I go from here. Definately giving me some food for thought in terms of looking at split doses more often. Still fighting for a pump though, who knows experiments like this could help me with putting my case forward...

Steph, I often make Alex a 'healthier' version of pizza. Its just a wrap with tomato puree spread on it and lots of fresh herbs and a small amount of grated cheese and put in the oven for 5 minutes - he loves them and they dont do awful things to his levels. You can add onion. mushrooms, and sweetcorn. Might be worth a try.🙂Bev

Oooo now that sounds good. Jessica loves fresh basil so could use that.

Are you saying that because I knew that pizzas were a nightmare for my daughter that I side stepped doing it ie didn't do it.

That is not right. !/QUOTE]

Sorry if I mmisrepresented you Adrienne, I was just remembering your comment the other day about pizzas,,,,,,,,,,"We have horrendous readings with pizza so stear clear" ......and wrongly assumed that you didn't part becasue of your horrendous experiences with pizzas.

No worries. 🙂

Like Steff, I have to watch pizza too. Starchy carbs take ages for my body to digest, so they are a real treat now. Once bitten.

In the rare event I do have some, I need to walk it off as I can go above 7.8 quite easily. I generally do the 2 hour test after eating something like that so I can guess how far to walk to get me under 7.0.

I've had pizza once since diagnosis, at Pizza Hut with a friend. Big mistake, huge. I as 7.9 beforehand and 16.7 an hour later. I got up to 19.3 before the BGL started coming down again. Haven't tried it since, too scared.

BTW Steff was anything sorted out about your fainting at yesterday's events at the Docs ?

No peter i have explained what went on at my appointment yesterday in a seperate post they was only so much i could blurt out while i was in floods of tears.🙄

Hope you dont mine a late entry into tonights fajitas i've decided ive done all the rest i may as well do the last one .

We can't do this tonight but will do it tomorrow. I have a governors meeting tonight so am off out for a change !!

We can't do this tonight but will do it tomorrow. I have a governors meeting tonight so am off out for a change !!

Hi Adrienne, no problem! Just let us know your results - i will be watching as i am not sure what sort of dual wave etc to do! Have a nice night out!🙂Bev

not sure if we wil be doing it tonight (I forgot it was wednesday!) But I will try and do it somepoint this week.

On aside is it worth transferring the results threads into the carb/food/recipes forum for easy reference then over time we could build up a good resource for all?? And in that forum they would be easier to find!

Cheers

Rossi🙂

*Bump*

Just a reminder to those who would like to take part in tonights 'big night in'!:DBev

not sure if we wil be doing it tonight (I forgot it was wednesday!) But I will try and do it somepoint this week.

On aside is it worth transferring the results threads into the carb/food/recipes forum for easy reference then over time we could build up a good resource for all?? And in that forum they would be easier to find!

Cheers

Rossi🙂

Great idea Rossi. Think all these, pizza, f&c and this one's result could all be under the food/carb tag so we can see them when we want to. Excellent.

Hi Adrienne, no problem! Just let us know your results - i will be watching as i am not sure what sort of dual wave etc to do! Have a nice night out!🙂Bev

Hi

I don't do dual for wraps, just normal bolus for all wraps. Be interesting to see what happens.

Great idea Rossi. Think all these, pizza, f&c and this one's result could all be under the food/carb tag so we can see them when we want to. Excellent.

I've been moving the threads to the Food/carb section and adding 'FoodExperiment' to them so they can be easily searched for.

I'm off to make mine now. I'm really looking forward to this, it's one of my favourite meals. Do you think we could do a traditional roast one day? That's another favourite.

Im so excited about this i have had fajitas 2 times in my whole life .Cant wait to start in half hour

I've found some discovery wrap thingys in the cupboard! But wifey has something out defrosting, I'll try and convince her to have it with the wraps!

I'm off to make mine now. I'm really looking forward to this, it's one of my favourite meals. Do you think we could do a traditional roast one day? That's another favourite.

I'd be up for that, roast dinner sounds great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back