everyone's blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Okay guys, this is a just a 'sweep up' kind of thread.

Can I ask anyone who has a blog on here to just, like, stick it onto this thread? I'm finally wanting to get around to linking them through from my blog, and I'm covered in confusion about how many there are...

Northerner: yes.
Salmonpuff?
SacredHeart?
Er...I know there are more. Or fewer. I don't know.

Anyway. If you'd like your blog linked through from mine, please just stick it on this thread.

Also, if anyone's Twittering and wants following...I have virtually no idea how to do this, but I've signed up and am curious about how it works. I've linked me Twitters (below par, I suspect) through my blog...but can't figure out really how anything else works and don't have much time at the moment...But I'm interested in following diabetes Twitters generally...

Okay, nuff waffle.

Many thanks!

yep, clicky linky in my sig. I'm hoping on getting a .co.uk domain in the next couple of weeks

Hey Tom

Wordpress and Blogspot are both good, and free of course. Lots of flexibility and easy to manage.

If you Google up free blogs, you will find lots of places...But personally I'd go with a really well known one -- the support and forums are good etc...

Go for it!

When I was setting up mine I did a bit of investigation. Blogger (blogspot) is now owned by Google and offers slightly more (IMO) in the way of features than Wordpress. Wordpress blogs tend to look more attractive, although you can tailor Blogger templates if you don't like the provided templates - you need to know a little html and css though. I don't think Google Adsense works with Wordpress. That's where you get context-sensitive adverts on your blog page - if people click on an advert, you get paid, although it is a miniscule amount and virtually no-one clicks on them (I've had about 20 clicks in 8 months)

I couldn't suss out Wordpress, it defeated me at the first hurdle! Blogger seems to be an easy to use interface. It's nice an simple I think.

Sorry to miss the last few of these posts...don't know why they didn't show up in my email...ANYWAY. Tom: great stuff. I'll put yours up too.

Tomorrow. Sleep now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back