DiDkA HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for your responses on other thread and as promised the volunteer thread.

As you will all appreciate this sort of campaign will need a team of people to help with all the setting up and continuous maintenance.
Sacred Heart and I managed to put our heads together over this and have decided that the way forward is to set up a steering group to make decisions about the way forward and help organise all the different aspects of running a campaign. We have identified the different areas of expertise that we will require and split it into 4 sections

Publicity Media design including web site, press releases etc, and organising launch day, publicity stunts? Appearing in media, organising videos, etc

Research....compiling contacts/ fundraising data base and true life stories and evidence of need

Distribution ....of information, running web site, blogs, face book, twitter, you tube etc

Legal and proof readers for all correspondence press statements, media coverage etc

What we then propose is to have a 'Lead member' for each category with voting rights for decision making, and a team of people to operate each section.

Sacred Heart and myself as the administrators of the campaign will also have voting rights and oversee the whole campaign ...I know it?s not necessarily very democratic that we have appointed ourselves but...well if not we could be here forever!
We have the backing of Northerner to use this place as the spring board for this campaign and I think it is a fitting tribute for this forum that DiDkA started here!!

So ....WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
look at different categories and Pm me or Sacred Heart or send us an email contact.didka@mail.com
stating

1. where your skills lie...please don?t be shy...

2. how much time you can commit to ...please be realistic

3. any experience that may help us...ie if you would be willing to share your stories or maybe you been involved in campaigning and would be able to share knowledge..tips etc.

THANK YOU XXXXXXX

I stuck the thread so it wouldn't disappear. I'll copy into the Links section too.

I can do research and databases, and can help with proof reading. I can handle basic web and forum design or do website administration and management. I have up to 12 hours a week spare at the moment. I'll PM you my contact details.

Hi

I would love to be able to offer to help but I have absolutely no spare time, any spare time I have I seem to be on the phone or email helping others with type 1. I have the local group and cwd and am fighting (aka working with) the PCT, and also I'm chairman of the Single Parents Travel Club and have a meeting this weekend actually and I run Jessica's charity, plus I work, oh and look after Jessica. Sorry needed to explain as I feel bad as for the first time ever I have to say no and I didn't want to just ignore your pleas for help.

I will keep watching though and if there is anything I can turn my hand too I'll let you know and jump straight in.

I think what you are doing is fabulous. I love these campaigns etc and you could potentially get great results, publicity is the key, media involvement if possible. Good luck guys. I love the name. 🙂

You already know i'll be involved 🙂 any writing, database work etc. 🙂

plus, i has the twitter :D am more than willing to help run the ole bloggy bits with blogs, twitter etc etc

Last edited:
You already know i'll be involved 🙂 any writing, database work etc. 🙂

plus, i has the twitter :D am more than willing to help run the ole bloggy bits with blogs, twitter etc etc

sam You are already involved ...sam set up and is managing the twitter site already xxxxx

Hi

I would love to be able to offer to help but I have absolutely no spare time, any spare time I have I seem to be on the phone or email helping others with type 1. I have the local group and cwd and am fighting (aka working with) the PCT, and also I'm chairman of the Single Parents Travel Club and have a meeting this weekend actually and I run Jessica's charity, plus I work, oh and look after Jessica. Sorry needed to explain as I feel bad as for the first time ever I have to say no and I didn't want to just ignore your pleas for help.

I will keep watching though and if there is anything I can turn my hand too I'll let you know and jump straight in.

I think what you are doing is fabulous. I love these campaigns etc and you could potentially get great results, publicity is the key, media involvement if possible. Good luck guys. I love the name. 🙂

adrienne thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support. I fully understand how busy you are, just keep watching for us and pm or mail us any time xxx

what am i missing

this sounds very interesting i think ive missed the link point me in the right direction so i can catch up with you ta

point me in the direction of the thread some how ive missed it willing to help if i can

Thank you for your responses on other thread and as promised the volunteer thread.

As you will all appreciate this sort of campaign will need a team of people to help with all the setting up and continuous maintenance.
Sacred Heart and I managed to put our heads together over this and have decided that the way forward is to set up a steering group to make decisions about the way forward and help organise all the different aspects of running a campaign. We have identified the different areas of expertise that we will require and split it into 4 sections

Publicity Media design including web site, press releases etc, and organising launch day, publicity stunts? Appearing in media, organising videos, etc

Research....compiling contacts/ fundraising data base and true life stories and evidence of need

Distribution ....of information, running web site, blogs, face book, twitter, you tube etc

Legal and proof readers for all correspondence press statements, media coverage etc

What we then propose is to have a 'Lead member' for each category with voting rights for decision making, and a team of people to operate each section.

Sacred Heart and myself as the administrators of the campaign will also have voting rights and oversee the whole campaign ...I know it?s not necessarily very democratic that we have appointed ourselves but...well if not we could be here forever!
We have the backing of Northerner to use this place as the spring board for this campaign and I think it is a fitting tribute for this forum that DiDkA started here!!

So ....WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
look at different categories and Pm me or Sacred Heart or send us an email contact.didka@mail.com
stating

1. where your skills lie...please don?t be shy...

2. how much time you can commit to ...please be realistic

3. any experience that may help us...ie if you would be willing to share your stories or maybe you been involved in campaigning and would be able to share knowledge..tips etc.

THANK YOU XXXXXXX

just for you duty .... if you think you can help thank you xx

Wotcha,

I feel as if I have little to offer in these respects, but want to be involved I really do! Maybe I can do some letter writing and campaigning and manpower and things like that, but perhaps need the guidance of where ebst I can help. I dont have any background in those kinds of things. My background is more getting the bar staff behind bars who commit these crimes 🙂

Just let me know. I would gladly help xx BTW, its great work you are all doing xx

one also is unsure if one has any talents to offer, I once went into a dark room to try and find some, I ended up on my back for weeks! In all seriousness, I don't have oodles of time, but time for noodles. But would like to help in any simple tasks...Maybe as a tester see how high I can go on non diet diet stuff! Hmm maybe not. Sorry rambling here, goodnight, and well done folks :D

one also is unsure if one has any talents to offer, I once went into a dark room to try and find some, I ended up on my back for weeks! In all seriousness, I don't have oodles of time, but time for noodles. But would like to help in any simple tasks...Maybe as a tester see how high I can go on non diet diet stuff! Hmm maybe not. Sorry rambling here, goodnight, and well done folks :D

rossi we just need your input to put everything in total perspective!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back