Covid-19 response

The study was across 22 childcare facilities, not just one school. More cases were found in the schools which had the hepa filtration system than the schools that didn't have hepa filters.
So it might apply to childcare or very young children. They also cannot be kept meters apart easily in that situation.

That’s hardly the majority of social mixing is it? And reinforces that relying on one method alone is a problem. I’m sure if they compared to forest preschools outdoors the answers would be enlightening

Clutching at straws here. Very few would agree with the decisions of those few officers. Almost everyone would agree outside exercise is a good thing.
I agree, but chasing down people out exercising gives a good indication just how far the relentless fear, 24 hr news, scaremongering had impacted the British psyche.

I agree, but chasing down people out exercising gives a good indication just how far the relentless fear, 24 hr news, scaremongering had impacted the British psyche.
For those very few that made that decision yes.

For the majority that thought I’d was a crazy decision no

So it might apply to childcare or very young children. They also cannot be kept meters apart easily in that situation.

That’s hardly the majority of social mixing is it? And reinforces that relying on one method alone is a problem. I’m sure if they compared to forest preschools outdoors the answers would be enlightening
I don't disagree, just showing how that the obvious doesn't always bring obvious results.

For those very few that made that decision yes.

For the majority that thought I’d was a crazy decision no
The way I remember it was the policing was done by the public, not the police during the pandemic. People turned on each other, families and friends were split. The fear campaigns worked so well it really changed society for the worse. From those first images they beamed around the world of people dropping dead in the street from covid, something that never happened in the streets.

But your original post on this tried to debunk filters in all settings ………
The way I took the study was that it just shows how expectations are not always reality, in the real world.

"Scientists conduct study to prove HEPA filters reduce rates of Covid infection, accidentally find the opposite."

The way I took the study was that it just shows how expectations are not always reality, in the real world.

"Scientists conduct study to prove HEPA filters reduce rates of Covid infection, accidentally find the opposite."
No, things are usually nuanced - rather than black or white. We’ve had that conversation before though.

I personally think that this finding that you are so upset about is pretty predictable and is sensibly explained. It doesn’t mean filtration is pointless. Just that it has a time and a place. Like lots of things.

well I never saw such images
It would be safe to say, this is where it all began for many. I'm certain if I asked people now what their first memory of the (wuhan) virus was, it will be these images, broadcast world wide. We didn't even know the cause of death, however that didn't seem to matter.

I'm certain if I asked people now what their first memory of the (wuhan) virus was, it will be these images, broadcast world wide.
That one, or ones from the hospitals in northern Italy?
We didn't even know the cause of death, however that didn't seem to matter.
Are you again suggesting the whole thing was a hoax? Is it implausible that that (grey-haired) man died of COVID-19? I agree we don't know, and quite possibly there wasn't a way to find out back then for that one person. For others sick in hospital there was presumably more evidence that it was a new respiratory illness.

That one, or ones from the hospitals in northern Italy?

Are you again suggesting the whole thing was a hoax? Is it implausible that that (grey-haired) man died of COVID-19? I agree we don't know, and quite possibly there wasn't a way to find out back then for that one person. For others sick in hospital there was presumably more evidence that it was a new respiratory illness.
For me the overflowing hospitals in Italy that were the earliest frightening images I remember. Thinking if it could happen there it could happen here.

Are you again suggesting the whole thing was a hoax?
Again? I've never suggested or said the pandemic was a hoax. It wasn't a hoax, but after three years, have you really not worked it out yet? Just by re-reading my posts in this thread alone, you should be able to reach a reasonable conclusion and not one of just incompetence, cock ups or mistakes.

Again? I've never suggested or said the pandemic was a hoax. It wasn't a hoax, but after three years, have you really not worked it out yet? Just by re-reading my posts in this thread alone, you should be able to reach a reasonable conclusion and not one of just incompetence, cock ups or mistakes.
“a” reasonable conclusion? There’s a huge number of things to be learned from this disaster. Many of which don’t seem to be being recognised.

“a” reasonable conclusion? There’s a huge number of things to be learned from this disaster. Many of which don’t seem to be being recognised.
Thus, there seems to be (at least) two takes on the pandemic, but for simplicity, lets stick with the two.

1. It was just a big mess made of a difficult situation.
2. There was something not quite right with it all from the very outset.

I've covered most of them before already over the last two years on the forum.

The response to the covid pandemic was largely driven by this thing called "asymptomatic" transmission and without this "asymptomatic" transmission, lockdowns could never have been "legitimately" been brought in without bringing about civil unrest.

This thing called "asymptomatic" transmission came not from China, but from Germany. An article was published within the medical community that claimed the original asymptomatic spreader, a business woman from China had passed it onto to "another" without this business woman (claimed to be the original asymptomatic spreader) having any symptoms. What the published article didn't show though was that they never even asked her if she had any symptoms! Unbelievable, but true.

original published viral article (which the world reacted to) here -- which to this day, still hasn't been corrected.

story (which the world never read) correcting the viral paper

Last edited:
Thus, there seems to be (at least) two takes on the pandemic, but for simplicity, lets stick the the two.

1. It was just a big mess made of a difficult situation.
2. There was something not quite right with it all from the very outset.

I've covered most of them before already over the last two years on the forum.

The response to the covid pandemic was largely driven by this thing called "asymptomatic" transmission and without this "asymptomatic" transmission, lockdowns could never have been "legitimately" been brought in without bringing about civil unrest.

This thing called "asymptomatic" transmission came not from China, but from Germany. An article was published within the medical community that claimed the original asymptomatic spreader, a business woman from China had passed it onto to "another" without this business woman (claimed to be the original asymptomatic spreader) having any symptoms. What the published article didn't show though was that they never even asked her if she had any symptoms! Unbelievable, but true.

original published viral article (which the world reacted to) here -- which to this day, still hasn't been corrected.

story (which the world never read) correcting the viral paper

1a a mess made with good intentions in a terrible situation
1b a mess by by ignorant or selfish or callous people to suit their own agendas
1c a mix of the above

The sticking point of the “asymptomatic” is yours not necessarily everyone’s. We’ve discussed that endlessly before and I’m not getting into your personal interpretation of terminology or issues yet again. There are lots of studies and reports regarding asymptomatic transmission - not just those that have design issues or find fault with it.

Again? I've never suggested or said the pandemic was a hoax. It wasn't a hoax, but after three years, have you really not worked it out yet?
OK, conspiracy (or collection of conspiracies). So it was a real pandemic, but probably from a lab (perhaps deliberately produced or accidentally), and you think that many of the responses had various agendas behind them (connected to managing climate change and general ideas of controlling the population).

I think it's not really in question that there was significant fraud, at least aided by the government not wanting to look very hard. But that's about it: I think the vaccine development, production, sales were very much what they look like, etc.

OK, conspiracy (or collection of conspiracies). So it was a real pandemic, but probably from a lab (perhaps deliberately produced or accidentally), and you think that many of the responses had various agendas behind them (connected to managing climate change and general ideas of controlling the population).

I think it's not really in question that there was significant fraud, at least aided by the government not wanting to look very hard. But that's about it: I think the vaccine development, production, sales were very much what they look like, etc.
The trouble with it all is no matter where you look, in every corner, every direction from start to finish, it's littered with gross, unbelievable, non sensical, non-scientific, mistakes etc, too many to be just chance, luck or oversight. No mistakes were made.

Take that one example above https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/covid-19-response.105518/post-1309377

You claim to have found covid's asymptomatic spreader number one. You write and publish a paper to the medical profession around the world (which they relied and acted on), but failed to ask the most basic, fundamental question to this "asymptomatic spreader number one" which is; did you have any symptoms?

How can one claim to have found asymptomatic spreader no1 when they actually had symptoms?

The response to the sarscov2 virus has been like this at every turn, defying common sense, science, good practice, ethics, procedure.

Do you not think it odd that they told well people to stay home and those with symptoms to leave their homes (to get tested)? I mean, was the aim to try and reduce transmission or not? If so, why keep the well indoors and tell those sick with covid to go out and get a test (especially given there was no treatment (made public) available anyway)?

Failing to ask that asymptomatic spreader number one if they had symptoms was not a mistake.
Locking well people in was not a mistake.
Advising ill people out of their homes was not a mistake.
Scaring people away (stay at home) from hospital was not a mistake.
Not developing a traditional type vaccine was not a mistake.
Basically closing the nhs to anything but covid 19 was not a mistake.
Telling the public to protect the very thing (nhs) that is supposed to protect us was not a mistake.
Using the term safe and effective which is against the mhra blue guide on advertising was not a mistake.
Telling us nobody had any prior immunity to covid when they did was not a mistake.
Ignoring the JCVI advice on vaccines for children was not a mistake.
Playing down natural immunity was not a mistake.
Not carrying out a cost benefit analysis of lockdowns was not a mistake.
Not making public any treatments was not a mistake.
Eating out to help was not a mistake.
Using PCR test above the reliable threshold was not a mistake.
Throwing the elderly out of hospital was not a mistake.
Having hospitals beds lay empty for months was not a mistake.
Opening temporary (nightingale) hospitals when there was nobody to actually work in them is not a mistake.
Using psychological techniques, coercion and relentless fear was not a mistake.
Threatening employees with loss of their job if they didn't take the jab was not a mistake.
Using unreliable models from people with a track record of making bad models was not a mistake.
Showing people lying down dead in the street was not a mistake.
Not telling people that the best place to be is outside in the fresh air, exercise, sunshine (inc u.v which is great for killing airborne viruses) and vit D was not a mistake.

Last edited:
@everydayupsanddowns

Mike, I always felt something wasn't quite right during the pandemic with people's accounts being deleted, posts removed inc those that were truthful and/or from qualified doctors etc and you asked about this "shadowy" organisation affecting and influencing online posts, content, opinions, etc on vaccine and policy here is the answer. Not so shadowy after all....

"Behind the scenes, the marketing arm of the company has been working with former law enforcement officials and public health officials to monitor and influence vaccine policy. Key to this is a drug industry-funded NGO called Public Good Projects. According to documents we have seen, PGP works closely with social media platforms, government agencies and news websites to confront the “root cause of vaccine hesitancy” by rapidly identifying and “shutting down misinformation”. A network of 45,000 healthcare professionals are given talking points “and advice on how to respond when vaccine misinformation goes mainstream”, according to an email from Moderna"

Back