Changing lancets/needles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive seen the picture and I'm afraid they don't put me off reusing needles a couple of times 🙂 Just think, people used to have to boil their needles and resuse them all the time, they lived!

Ah, the old days weren't always the best, I remember it well.

I still don't change needles every time - more like every three or four days and I am worse with lancets - so much so, that when I change them I have to remember to change the depth thingy or I get far too much blood. 😱 😱

I also usually inject through my clothes (unless I am out and wearing light coloured trousers - skirts are much easier to keep away from you skin if you suddenly start to bleed) 'cause its quicker and less hasstle than wandering off somewhere private

I still don't change needles every time - more like every three or four days and I am worse with lancets - so much so, that when I change them I have to remember to change the depth thingy or I get far too much blood. 😱 😱

I'm with you on that one! Hmmm, actually probably need to change mine now...

Okay, confession time 😱 In the 5 years since my diagnosis, I've only ever had 1 box of lancets (okay, maybe 2 but that was because I changed meters). I've had a few meters since then (always free ones given out by reps in the clinic) but still have no need for more lancets. I only change it when it gets quite painful (once in a very blue moon) and have never had any infections at test sites (not that I test that often). :D

well i got a 100 lancets 2x50 and i must have 40 left plus plus the box unopened x

Last edited:
I change my lancet every time i finish a pack of strips, so every 50! Then always swear ill do it more often when i remember how much nicer it is when theyre sharp!! 🙂

I'm really bad! I change my lancets probabley every few weeks and I change my needles when they hurt 😱. I know I know. I also inject though my clothes.

i am AWFUL at changing lancets, i do it maybe two or three times a year, that's an honest fact! when i was younger i was NEVER told to do it, so i've never been in the habit of it.

i change my needles usually after 2 uses, occasionally more if i'm in a tricky situation (like at work when i need to inject whilst i'm on the phone to a customer and can't really coordinate everything)

Guilty as charged...I still can't quite shake the habit of using one needle per insulin cartridge - a hang over from before they were on prescription! I must admit, I really notice the difference when I put a new needle on though - I guess the lubricant only lasts for one jab! As for lancets, I'm just too darn lazy to change them every time - at the mo (preg, reduced hypo awareness & still having to drive!) so testing frequently, up to 15 times a day & still not changing needles for days at a time (erm, maybe even weeks, yuk!!) Gross, I know, & I must try to remember, but maybe at least it goes a little way to offsetting the cost of all those test strips! 😛

Wow this is an old thread of mine, possibly the first i ever started.

I'm much better now I have started using the multiclix lancet device, so change the whole drum every couple of weeks, so that means a fresh lancet every few days, which is loads better.

Needles, only use them a maximum of 2-3 times, new needles every day, Dr I saw at hospital was happy with this.

yea i thot it was when i went looking i knew some one had started it , funny thing is i wsnt even here when you started it lol

yea i thot it was when i went looking i knew some one had started it , funny thing is i wsnt even here when you started it lol

I like seeing really old threads being dragged up sometimes, remind of people who posted in the early days but not any more. But from the first page you can see Northener, Alan, copepod, kojack all still here

I like seeing really old threads being dragged up sometimes, remind of people who posted in the early days but not any more. But from the first page you can see Northener, Alan, copepod, kojack all still here

and me i like to see the people that where here before me when it started in nov 08 alot of them names dont appear anymore now.

About once a year for me! 😱

I once met someone else on one of these forums who changed his every St Swithin's Day!

Lantus stinging...

Hello,

Just been trawling back through this (not been on for a while - nasty nasty cold!)...

Just a thought...for my long acting I use Detemir (aka glargine??) & have never felt any stinging...this was offered equally with Lantus (I think they're both nominally 24hr-ish insulins) as an alternative to the old long acting I was on (I think it was humulin I or something???) which did used to feel like wasp stings when I injected, ouch!

Might be worth a trial if the lantus is stinging?

Hope that helps! (Boy, I remember those stings with a flinch!! 😱)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back