Changing lancets/needles

Status
Not open for further replies.
😱doesnt it start to hurt more after leaving them that more? on injection number 3 with the same needle i notice it hurts more and it more difficult to err, stick in me! :D

on the dafne course they showed us pictures of used needles, trust me guys you would change every time if you saw them!!!😱

I always use a fresh needle every time, really its not a bother to do that,our health at the end of the day etc. There were a couple of people on the coursethat changed from hardly every changing needles to changing every time.

lancets i change every morning, i know im contradicting myself😱 but im not injecting myself with them

I aint tested for so long so i dont do nothing at the moment r.e lancets

Stef what the hells going on with you? Im shocked, I find your posts very inspiring, you have come a long way in a short space of time, yep diabetes sucks but it aint going away, we need to look after ourselves as no one else will. Please see your gp/dsn and get some better care, if your numbers arnt coming down withe everything you are doing they need to look at your meds etc.

When your levels arnt good i do understand you dont feel good, like others have said, please Stef get some help. we need you to be well :D

on the dafne course they showed us pictures of used needles, trust me guys you would change every time if you saw them!!!😱

I always use a fresh needle every time, really its not a bother to do that,our health at the end of the day etc. There were a couple of people on the coursethat changed from hardly every changing needles to changing every time.

lancets i change every morning, i know im contradicting myself😱 but im not injecting myself with them

Ive seen the picture and I'm afraid they don't put me off reusing needles a couple of times 🙂 Just think, people used to have to boil their needles and resuse them all the time, they lived!

Ive seen the picture and I'm afraid they don't put me off reusing needles a couple of times 🙂 Just think, people used to have to boil their needles and resuse them all the time, they lived!

...and scrape the rust off, I heard!😱

yep, each to their own 😉

dont like the sound of the rust part he he

ouch, imagine how much those injections must have hurt. makes me feel sick thinking about it!

To be honest I really didn't get what was so horrifying about them :confused: 😱

I wasn't really horrified, the BD needle rep was that I re-used and that I used 8mm to inject my arms. (I am going to get ym GP to prescribe some smaller needles, so I took her advice on that one)

was she diabetic??

eek yes, 8mm in your arms does sound a bit painful. I dont inject in my arms!

You don't have to insert a 8mm needle up to the plastic bit - unless you want to!

I would imagine that's difficult to control when injecting in your own arm?

I dont do it though, so wouldnt know.

I use a new needle for each injection - I think in my mind I just have to. I can't imagine not, unless it was some sort of emergency. I used to use a fresh lancet each time as well, but I just kept running out of places to put the used ones when I was out and about - it filled up my makeshift travel sharps box too quickly. So I probably change my lancets every couple of days, I suppose.

Also, when I'm wearing a dress or something that means I can't easily get to my stomach, I do inject in my arm with an 8mm....and yes, it does hurt. It's bloody hard to get the angle right, I find. :(

I change needles each time 99% of time, lancets I've changed, to changing daily or there abouts.

Can I ask, about injecting in arms? When do people move onto arms? whereabouts on the arm? I was never told to. I ws told belly, thigh, arse!! Not always in public mind!

I've always used my arms, was just told to from the beginning along with stomach, legs and bum. I used to get terrible bruising and bleeding from my arms when I was first diagnosed as I was terribly skinny (from being so unwell) but now I'm a healthier weight that's generally not a problem any more. Although my legs seem to be bruising a lot now, maybe down to stepping up my running recently...?

I'm pretty bad - I normally change my needle tips when I change the cartridge (or when they start to feel sore!)

Don't change my lancet tips that often either.

Maybe something I should think about trying to do more often.

I use 8mm BD Microfine and I inject into the tops of my arms ok. I tend to inject just below my booster mark, but round nearer the back (towards tricep) if that makes sense. I've never felt it sore, although I very occasionally get a bruise.

NiVZ

I use my arms, they are my favourite site to use. But I think it's becoming less popular for teams to advise pateints to inject there because it's hard to pinch up

I use my arms, they are my favourite site to use. But I think it's becoming less popular for teams to advise pateints to inject there because it's hard to pinch up

Surely it's impossible to pinch up, unless you have three arms?!!! I've only tried my arm once - it hurt, it bled and it bruised - nuff said!😱

A never does his arms - he says it hurts. But he doesnt ever get lumps as we rotate thighs tummy and bottom!

He changes needles for every injection and changes lancets for every test.🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back