Carbs or Calories for newbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A broken bone is a reasonable analogy.

If you break your leg, why cut it off so you could never break it again?
Yes, it fixes the problem.
No leg, no problems from it.
But it limits you, no longer are buffets, noodle houses, fish and chip shops, Indian restaurants accessible, in fact an awful lot of places no longer accessible, or it's dinning in the ground floor only with a very small menu.

Or alternatively take the chance, work with the NHS, get the leg plastered, walk on crutches for a few months, accept you can't drive the car, take the hit for a short period.
Ok, there is no guarantee it with heal 100%, but it could do, there is no guarantee you won't break it again, but that's down to you.
And when it does heal properly, the effort is worth it, life is back to exactly where you were before you broke the leg.
You still have it, fixed, life goes on.
I think a better analogy would be if you break your leg why would you run a car over it again.

I think a better analogy would be if you break your leg why would you run a car over it again.

No it wouldn't.
It must be bad there, if SE Asia has run out of rice noodles.
I've eaten a few, but not that many recently.
Does anyone eat sweet and sour chicken there?
Pork maybe, but I guess it's whether you eat street food or western restaurants.

No it wouldn't.
It must be bad there, if SE Asia has run out of rice noodles.
I've eaten a few, but not that many recently.

Personally, having been glutened a few times in error (unpleasant for several days), I find it safer just to avoid noodles. Unfortunately, food descriptions on menus can be a bit scant.

A person hypersensitive to seafood, would be unlikely to order prawns.

Personally, having been glutened a few times in error (unpleasant for several days), I find it safer just to avoid noodles. Unfortunately, food descriptions on menus can be a bit scant.

A person hypersensitive to seafood, would be unlikely to order prawns.

I entirely agree about food menus.
I've been to places where food is mostly an assortment of different coloured pots.
That's a very good reason to keep every option on the table for me.

Even in places like Qatar, (well before the football arrived there), the choice was mostly high end western restaurants or fast food restaurants to cater for the expats, or the side street shops to cater for the taxi drivers.
(Locals didn't mix well!)
The high end restaurants were European, or American, chains, I can get that in the UK.
I tended to try out the side street shops, mostly by gesticulation, and got some very tasty food.
And some very odd looks.
No idea what it was most of the time, even after eating it.

I entirely agree about food menus.
I've been to places where food is mostly an assortment of different coloured pots.
That's a very good reason to keep every option on the table for me.

Even in places like Qatar, (well before the football arrived there), the choice was mostly high end western restaurants or fast food restaurants to cater for the expats, or the side street shops to cater for the taxi drivers.
(Locals didn't mix well!)
The high end restaurants were European, or American, chains, I can get that in the UK.
I tended to try out the side street shops, mostly by gesticulation, and got some very tasty food.
And some very odd looks.
No idea what it was most of the time, even after eating it.

Trust me. Gluten is not a valid choice for me, unless I am fine with the after effects, which make Metformin look like an attractive option. I don't eat out to spend the next few days in dire discomfort then one or two after that in the loo. I eat to enjoy my food.

When overseas, particularly for a protracted period I see no point eating the same as at home. Food is a part of the travelling adventure. Once or twice during our three month trips we'll go European, although here that's a Brit menu, Aussie BBQ prepared Sunday lunch menu.

And every cuisine in the world (yes even in India) has meat in some form or other..

So unless the sauce is loaded with sugar anyone eating it low carbing would be fine.

Why do you continuously have the need to mislead everyone..

And every cuisine in the world (yes even in India) has meat in some form or other..

So unless the sauce is loaded with sugar anyone eating it low carbing would be fine.

Why do you continuously have the need to mislead everyone..

Tell the locals that :rofl: :rofl:
Once you actually leave the tourist and fast food areas, it's rice, dough, and syrup and sugar glazed food.
Sauce is for westerners, Indian food is normally dry spiced, unless it's glazed on food.
Even the ice cream is sickly sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
@childofthesea43

Not yourself, I was thinking more the way this is spiralling down again to be honest, me and the usual gang on the naughty step again.

Those same mods should set up sub forum for you & bulkbiker so you can have your wee tiffs in there.

Is that the forum equivalent of ‘get a room?’

@childofthesea43

Not yourself, I was thinking more the way this is spiralling down again to be honest, me and the usual gang on the naughty step again.
As a newcomer to the site I have gradually twigged that there has been this ongoing series of exchanges. Which will probably go on for ever !

Easy. Pepperoni pizza.
I'd have the pizza, Bulkbiker can have the six or eight slices of pepperoni of the top. :rofl:
That's a bit mean. You could at least let him have. some of the cheese.
Just scrape off the tomato sauce before you wrap it around the pepperoni.

Was that 100g pre cooking or post cooking out of interest.
@bulkbiker 100g post cooking. Heated up as it was cooked 2 days earlier. Apparently that can make a difference. How true that is I really don't know. I'm going to test again by eating a freshly cooked portion.

@bulkbiker 100g post cooking. Heated up as it was cooked 2 days earlier. Apparently that can make a difference. How true that is I really don't know. I'm going to test again by eating a freshly cooked portion.
Ok interesting .. probably fewer than 30g of carbs even so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back