Brits are dying in their tens of thousands - and we don't really have any idea why

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't all that relevant to the thread but it's also not that interesting outside of the subject.

It's much more a curiosity than of practical importance: man got 217 C19 vaccinations over 29 months, so what happened? The answer seems to be not that much (immunity was strong, but (a bit surprisingly) there didn't seem to be negative effects of this rather extreme stressing of the immune system).

Misleasding use of the word "you" i'd say. They mean a "specific person" not you as in everyone in the world reading the article. One person taking the same drug/medicine many times is not the same as many people taking the drug/medicine many times. The results would likely be very different

Misleasding use of the word "you" i'd say. They mean a "specific person" not you as in everyone in the world reading the article. One person taking the same drug/medicine many times is not the same as many people taking the drug/medicine many times. The results would likely be very different
For this particular collection of drugs? I'd guess the result would be rather similar for most people. (Exceptions would be people who had significant side effects from a dose or two.) It's very much not recommended and I think the expectation was that taking so many doses of vaccines for the same thing would have some more obvious negative effects but they don't seem to have found any.

I'm perhaps being too generous but I think there was just genuine awkwardness about requiring vaccination for MPs. I don't think there were many (or even any) MPs who didn't want to be vaccinated. I think it's just awkward to require it because of their status as elected representatives.
Viruses don't target people based on their status. I was under the impression this was a national health emergency and that the jab is "good" and "safe and effective" according to the pm at the time.

A former pm said you would be mad not to get the jab.
That there is no acceptable reason to not get the jab.
It is your civic duty.
That those who are vaccinated are safe and those not vaccinated are at risk.

Viruses don't target people based on their status. I was under the impression this was a national health emergency and that the jab is "good" and "safe and effective" according to the pm at the time.
I'm not questioning that. I'm just saying that it's (deliberately) hard to prevent our elected representatives from doing their job (or at least to prevent them from attending the HoC). I think that's what happened here: it was just too awkward.

Following the O.N.S recent re-jigging of their formula in the U.K which effectively put an end to the trend in excess deaths.

Doctors across the world are sounding the alarm over a surging epidemic of young people being diagnosed with cancers since the pandemic, with no obvious explanation for what lies behind it.

It just seems to have started before the pandemic.
Not really no. Seems fairly consistent between 1990 and 2020. It's the new data that the story is about.
See graph (from article I posted) attached based on new global data and expected incidence from 2020 to 2030.

Attachments

• New data expected incidence 2020-2030.png
    New data expected incidence 2020-2030.png
    177 KB · Views: 1
Not really no. Seems fairly consistent between 1990 and 2020. It's the new data that the story is about.
See graph (from article I posted) attached based on new global data and expected incidence from 2020 to 2030.
Regardless, the projections aren't related to the pandemic.

Abstract​

Objective This study aimed to explore the global burden of early-onset cancer based on the Global Burden of Disease (GBD) 2019 study for 29 cancers worldwid.​

and

WHAT IS ALREADY KNOWN ON THIS TOPIC​

• Previous studies have suggested that the incidence of cancers of various organs diagnosed in adults<50 years of age has been rising in many parts of the world since the 1990s. The global disease burden and secular trend of early onset cancers, and the variations in different socioeconomic categories, have not been described. The pattern of attributable risk factors for burdensome early onset cancers has not been investigated.

WHAT THIS STUDY ADDS​

• Since 1990, the incidence and deaths of early onset cancers have substantially increased globally. Early-onset breast, tracheal, bronchus and lung, stomach and colorectal cancers showed the highest mortality and burden in 2019. Countries with a high-middle and middle Sociodemographic Index and individuals aged 40–49 years were particularly affected. Dietary risk factors (diet high in red meat, low in fruits, high in sodium and low in milk, etc), alcohol consumption and tobacco use are the main risk factors underlying early-onset cancers.

HOW THIS STUDY MIGHT AFFECT RESEARCH, PRACTICE OR POLICY​

• This study suggests that it is necessary to conduct prospective life-course cohort studies to explore the aetiologies of early-onset cancers, and each country should adjust their prevention strategies based on the characteristics of early-onset cancer. Meanwhile, encouraging a healthy lifestyle could reduce early-onset cancer disease burden.

Regardless, the projections aren't related to the pandemic.

Abstract​

Objective This study aimed to explore the global burden of early-onset cancer based on the Global Burden of Disease (GBD) 2019 study for 29 cancers worldwid.​

and

WHAT IS ALREADY KNOWN ON THIS TOPIC​

• Previous studies have suggested that the incidence of cancers of various organs diagnosed in adults<50 years of age has been rising in many parts of the world since the 1990s. The global disease burden and secular trend of early onset cancers, and the variations in different socioeconomic categories, have not been described. The pattern of attributable risk factors for burdensome early onset cancers has not been investigated.

WHAT THIS STUDY ADDS​

• Since 1990, the incidence and deaths of early onset cancers have substantially increased globally. Early-onset breast, tracheal, bronchus and lung, stomach and colorectal cancers showed the highest mortality and burden in 2019. Countries with a high-middle and middle Sociodemographic Index and individuals aged 40–49 years were particularly affected. Dietary risk factors (diet high in red meat, low in fruits, high in sodium and low in milk, etc), alcohol consumption and tobacco use are the main risk factors underlying early-onset cancers.

HOW THIS STUDY MIGHT AFFECT RESEARCH, PRACTICE OR POLICY​

• This study suggests that it is necessary to conduct prospective life-course cohort studies to explore the aetiologies of early-onset cancers, and each country should adjust their prevention strategies based on the characteristics of early-onset cancer. Meanwhile, encouraging a healthy lifestyle could reduce early-onset cancer disease burden.
I'm only going by the article, not just the one study.

Here also, same data and forecasts..

"Statistics from around the world are now clear: the rates of more than a dozen cancers are increasing among adults under the age of 50. This rise varies from country to country and cancer to cancer, but models based on global data predict that the number of early-onset cancer cases will increase by around 30% between 2019 and 2030"

I tend to keep out of this sort of thread for a very simple reason. It is that I just do not have the time or the inclination to go back to the base data to find out what it actually says and what those who collected it have to say. One thing I am pretty sure of is that there is a hell of a lot more to it than the simplicity of the attention grabbing headlines from the Daily Express and Daily Mirror quoted above. The notion that people are dropping dead in droves on the high street and that its all got something to do with dark secrets about the effects of covid vaccination is just plain daft.

Can I suggest, not as a moderator, but as a sensible human being who has done a few miles, that the sort of speculation seen in this thread and some others is not helpful to anybody. It is particularly unhelpful to those who come here looking for support and find stuff which can only increase any anxiety they might have.
I entirely agree with you. I do not believe it is anything to do with Covid jabs. The trouble is every time anything happens the Covid vaccination gets the blame for it. I, like you, am very reluctant to believe newspaper headlines without having the time or the knowledge to read the science behind it all.

I agree, not everything is helpful. If we look at things that aren't helpful to others, that would sum up the entire news and entertainment industry. The tv's and papers are full of bad news, fear, hate, crime, scandals, you name it if it's related to all the worst of human behaviour it's on the news. People go out of their way to walk to the shop each morning to get their dose of news or switch on their tv's for their nightly dose of crime, hate and war. Seems it's what many want. Even looking at all the movies and documentaries on various networks, 95% of it is all hate, war, murder and crime etc. This is the very reason I don't watch the news, buy newspapers or watch these "great" movies and documentaries.

People can decide for themselves what to watch and what not to watch.
Agree with you. I do not watch the news or buy newspapers now. I watch documentaries but very little TV other than that these days.

The number of people admitted to hospital with heart attacks has surged since the pandemic, according to official figures. New data for England shows that more than 84,000 patients were admitted to hospital because of a heart attack in 2021-22, an increase of more than 7,000 in a year.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/symptoms-heart-attack-rates-uk-b2393190.html#:~:text=The number of people admitted,than 7%2C000 in a year.
I wonder how many of these are due to catching Covid before they vaccine. There are many reasons why people get heart problems though, difficult to know.

The article suggests that Scotland's ageing population might be part of the reason, and with the increase in the number of deaths from dementia (the single largest jump) that might easily be a factor.
Our ageing population certainly could account for it. Older people are much more likely to be ill or die than younger people statistically.

Agree with you. I do not watch the news or buy newspapers now. I watch documentaries but very little TV other than that these days.
Hi,

I stopped buying newspapers and watching mainstream news (e.g 6o'clock news) in around 2010. I don't even look at the headlines on the news stands if I pass one. It just became apparent that the "news" which is actually bad news is just filled with all of mankinds worst behaviours and I don't think we are going to find any solutions there.

There is very little in the press or tv to inspire us.

I wonder how many of these are due to catching Covid before they vaccine. There are many reasons why people get heart problems though, difficult to know.
There are also many reasons to conclude that covid is manmade too.

As Princess of Wales reveals diagnosis, doctors warn of mysterious cancer epidemic.

Leading doctors have warned of a mysterious new “epidemic” of abdominal cancers in younger people. The disease is affecting fit, younger people more often – and researchers do not yet understand why.

Prof. Andrew Beggs, a consultant colorectal surgeon and a senior clinical fellow at the University of Birmingham, runs a clinic for cancer patients under the age of 45.

“When I started as a cancer surgeon 20 years ago, you rarely saw any younger patients, but now I see them regularly,” he said.

Last edited:
Leading doctors have warned of a mysterious new “epidemic” of abdominal cancers in younger people. The disease is affecting fit, younger people more often – and researchers do not yet understand why.
Again, the story is based on the paper which was based on data 1990-2019. Presumably the trend is continuing, but whatever the cause is it's probably not completely related to the pandemic. (Viruses can certainly cause cancers, of course, and diagnosis/treatment delays don't help, so the pandemic is surely not innocent.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back