Blood testing in public, lancet changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i do find it i use the lancet maybe more then 5 times i dont seem to get enough blood , i always used to get loads if i have pricker set to 4 but sometimes tis tiny dot , thats when i change lancet

I lied a little; if I'm retesting cos I didn't get enough blood or if I'm hypo and know I'll be testing a lot in a short space of time I do reuse lancets. I don't like carrying them round loaded though, though that might change with time!

Sort of related thing: my dad found mum's testing meter and gave it to me over the weekend. Two and a half years since she died and the finger pricker was loaded with a lancet still. That made me chuckle and think of you lot 🙂

lol i have to have mine set to 9 katie due to the thickness of the skin on my fingers lol so it kinda hurts a little if the lancet is even the slightest bit blunt 😛

ouch ok, i'll let you off then. the highest i have mine is 3! :D

ouch ok, i'll let you off then. the highest i have mine is 3! :D

lol well it is a little hard for me to use it on anything but 9.

I try to change the needle each day so it's 2-3 jabs for each needle. The lancets well usually change every couple of months.

I think I can rival you sugabum my 200 box of lancets was dispensed in 2005 and is well over half full!! they actually expire in july- not sure if I will carry on using them

Nikki i think i could match your lancets record 😱 I cant remember the last time I got them and they aren't even on my list of meds at the moment, since changing GPs lol.

I try to change the needle each day so it's 2-3 jabs for each needle. The lancets well usually change every couple of months.

I think I can rival you sugabum my 200 box of lancets was dispensed in 2005 and is well over half full!! they actually expire in july- not sure if I will carry on using them

i dont think there is a chance id use my needle for that long. i change mine after every shot and also change my lancet after every use to.

my highest is 2! I think mike is well hard :D

lol not well hard, just thick skinned lol :D

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I feel a new thread coming on here.....the higher the number- the tougher you are! What number are you on??! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I feel a new thread coming on here.....the higher the number- the tougher you are! What number are you on??! 🙂 🙂 🙂

5 on another meter tho :D

still using 9 and sometimes with they went to 10!!!!!!

Use 3 and change lancet and needle each time. Get through loads!

lol i got 300 to get through and i use lancet every 5 pricks

i dont think there is a chance id use my needle for that long. i change mine after every shot and also change my lancet after every use to.

I know plenty of people who change the needle when they change the cartridge, changing the needles every day is a newish thing for me, used to be 2-3 days. i think it's one of those things that each person decides what is acceptable to them.

I know plenty of people who change the needle when they change the cartridge, changing the needles every day is a newish thing for me, used to be 2-3 days. i think it's one of those things that each person decides what is acceptable to them.

lol yeah i know. im just a bit of a clean freak lol

Ha Ha - I'll remember that tip! Just started testing/injecting in public - people dont have to look and it can be done discreetly. Been through all this with breastfeeding 5 children in public - discreetly i might add, and not all at once!

Ha Ha - I'll remember that tip! Just started testing/injecting in public - people dont have to look and it can be done discreetly. Been through all this with breastfeeding 5 children in public - discreetly i might add, and not all at once!

😱😱 lol glad you added not all at once

am i in the wrong for not carrying my pricker on me then ? cause i have not yet all i carry is a glucose tab :confused:

😱😱 lol glad you added not all at once

am i in the wrong for not carrying my pricker on me then ? cause i have not yet all i carry is a glucose tab :confused:

Wouldn't say 'wrong' but I would check my blood sugar levels before taking any glucose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back