Autumn booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Had a text from my surgery today asking me to book my booster. This will be my fifth Covid vaccine. I will also get my flu jab at the same time. It was a very painless process, click on your preferred surgery and time. And voila within seconds I was booked. 14.20 on 24th September. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my surgery has been on the ball all through this vaccination journey. It just needs to sort out more staff to answer the phones now!

I got a text today too and booked mine (my 4th, I think :confused: ) but the first appointments offered were the second half of November. Anyway - booked now. I decided to have the flu vaccination separately. Don’t fancy both at the same time😱

I got a text today too and booked mine (my 4th, I think :confused: ) but the first appointments offered were the second half of November. Anyway - booked now. I decided to have the flu vaccination separately. Don’t fancy both at the same time😱
As I’m in the immunosuppressed group I had my fourth jab back in January. So this is sort of a third booster I think! :confused:

Will diabetes mean we are eligible? Haven’t heard from my surgery yet. I looked online but don’t think I fit in the description

Attachments

• 20F7EB2A-4718-4DB7-BA16-65E2036258D2.jpeg
    20F7EB2A-4718-4DB7-BA16-65E2036258D2.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
My understanding is that diabetes alone does not qualify us for the booster. Other medical conditions or age may.
Ah I won’t get one then

Will diabetes mean we are eligible? Haven’t heard from my surgery yet. I looked online but don’t think I fit in the description
I don’t have a spleen and was a “shielder” during the lockdowns. I’m classed as immnuosuppressed. The vaccines must be working as I’m one of the few in the country who hasn’t ever tested positive for Covid 19! Mr Eggy is 62 and has had six heart attacks and he’s only had the three vaccines which everyone was offered. Mind you, he’s never had Covid either! Touch wood!

I don’t have a spleen and was a “shielder” during the lockdowns. I’m classed as immnuosuppressed. The vaccines must be working as I’m one of the few in the country who hasn’t ever tested positive for Covid 19! Mr Eggy is 62 and has had six heart attacks and he’s only had the three vaccines which everyone was offered. Mind you, he’s never had Covid either! Touch wood!
Don’t think this explains whether diabetics will get it or not if there’s other reasons that you’re eligible like not having a spleen?

People aged 50 years and older, residents in care homes for older people, those aged 5 years and over in a clinical risk group and health and social care staff will be offered a booster of coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine this autumn.

Appointments will be available from the National Booking Service shortly.

Taken from this site https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ources/a-guide-to-the-covid-19-autumn-booster

I'm pretty sure that it will. Diabetes is on the official list of conditions that increase risk in the Green Book.

Screenshot_20220907-220402_Drive.jpg

(For anyone unaware, the Green Book is the definitive, regularly updated, guide to current vaccination recommendations for all vaccinations in the UK for health professionals)

(For anyone unaware, the Green Book is the definitive, regularly updated, guide to current vaccination recommendations for all vaccinations in the UK for health professionals)
Can you give the link for the Green Book please, unfortunately I cannot enlarge the screenshots. I have been looking to see if my daughter who has Learning Disabilities will be eligible for the autumn booster, she was eligible and in a prioritised group for the other vaccines and gets an annual flu shot I have contacted GP surgery only today and they couldn't answer the question.

Can you give the link for the Green Book please, unfortunately I cannot enlarge the screenshots. I have been looking to see if my daughter who has Learning Disabilities will be eligible for the autumn booster, she was eligible and in a prioritised group for the other vaccines and gets an annual flu shot I have contacted GP surgery only today and they couldn't answer the question.

Pages 20-top of 22. The link mentioned at the end of the chapter to the codes on GP systems isn't something I can access at present (indeed seems to be a dead link)

Don’t think this explains whether diabetics will get it or not if there’s other reasons that you’re eligible like not having a spleen?
The fact I’m diabetic doesn’t come into it I don’t think. I believe some who had a high BMI were eligible for the extra booster earlier this year. If you were over 75 and diabetic, you’d get it because of your age not because you’re diabetic. I think that’s how it works. Diabetics came under the “vulnerable” category, whereas myself because of my lack of spleen came under the “extremely vulnerable” a fact I wasn’t happy with one little bit. I didn’t shield in the way some did, I still left the house and did my walks. I kept away from shops and people but there was no way I was sitting indoors for months on end. I don’t feel extremely vulnerable but the paperwork says I am so when I’m offered a jab, I take it!

The fact I’m diabetic doesn’t come into it I don’t think. I believe some who had a high BMI were eligible for the extra booster earlier this year. If you were over 75 and diabetic, you’d get it because of your age not because you’re diabetic. I think that’s how it works. Diabetics came under the “vulnerable” category, whereas myself because of my lack of spleen came under the “extremely vulnerable” a fact I wasn’t happy with one little bit. I didn’t shield in the way some did, I still left the house and did my walks. I kept away from shops and people but there was no way I was sitting indoors for months on end. I don’t feel extremely vulnerable but the paperwork says I am so when I’m offered a jab, I take it!
Diabetes is on the same list as asplenic now for vaccinations. They combined the at risk groups originally in groups 4 and 6 for the first vaccinations into one group

Pages 20-top of 22. The link mentioned at the end of the chapter to the codes on GP systems isn't something I can access at present (indeed seems to be a dead link)
Thank you!! I have just speed read and downloaded it. It would seem she is eligible.

Not eligible as between 65-70, at moment more concerned about not heard anything about flu vaccine, nothing on my surgery website, last few years have had or got booked by now. I have already come to conclusion that be get down to me they will have run out of new Covid vaccine.

Not eligible as between 65-70, at moment more concerned about not heard anything about flu vaccine, nothing on my surgery website, last few years have had or got booked by now.

Get it done at pharmacy, they will notify gp surgery that you've had it done, that's what I've done last few years.

Get it done at pharmacy, they will notify gp surgery that you've had it done, that's what I've done last few years.
I prefer to go to my GP thanks, and after going to a pharmacy my 3rd Covid vaccine, not keen to go for my flu. My local Pharmacy are not even advertising it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back