Are you ready?

Floridian's jolted awake at 4.45 in the morning for new emergency phone alerts.

Florida's Republican governor Ron DeSantis said the early test alert was 'a completely inappropriate use of this system'

Well, that was rubbish.
Just found my phone flashing the alert.
Even though the sound was on, it was silent.
I was expected "Star Trek" red alert noises, it's only when I eventually looked at it I noticed.

Three mobiles in our house and not one registered the alert, that worked well didn't it?

That’s interesting! My fruit-based phone is always set to silent, and it certainly blared a warning.

As did a robot phone in the same room.

Despite living five miles from the centre of a city, we have no mobile phone signal. Consequently my afternoon nap was undisturbed. That is something I will be eternally grateful for.

Despite living five miles from the centre of a city, we have no mobile phone signal. Consequently my afternoon nap was undisturbed. That is something I will be eternally grateful for.
Until the asteroid strikes, but I guess if you're napping you won't know.

Until the asteroid strikes, but I guess if you're napping you won't know.
What would you propose doing if the asteroid struck though..

What would you propose doing if the asteroid struck though..
If you had a bit of time & your wits about you, you could compose a brief elegy for the human race & also arrange for the gas to be shut off.

A new danger alert system begins any day now in the UK.

A loud 10 sec siren alert on your smart phone (or not if you don't have a smart phone) is heard and you must then do as you are told. These are not subscribed alerts but automatic.

Well I was on a guided tour of a local Parish churchyard full of famous people and tombs that are Listed Monuments in themselves when the alarm sounded. More than a dozen mobiles pinging away and some folks panicking who hadn't heard about it happening.

The poet, Charles Swain as the alarm sounded

Attachments

• IMG_20230423_144928532_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230423_144928532_HDR.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 6
Well I was on a guided tour of a local Parish churchyard full of famous people and tombs that are Listed Monuments in themselves when the alarm sounded. More than a dozen mobiles pinging away and some folks panicking who hadn't heard about it happening.

The poet, Charles Swain as the alarm sounded
I too was surprised that so few knew about the tests, although, from the people I've spoken to, they had disabled the alerts.

It appears those who knew turned them off, those that didn't got a surprise.

It appears those who knew turned them off, those that didn't got a surprise.

If only, knew about alert but still got surprise when alarm went off in Costa Coffee, looking around it was talking point with customers in there afterwards.

Another thing, alarm was meant to sound at 3pm mine went off at 2.59pm, sure everyone else's did also.

If only, knew about alert but still got surprise when alarm went off in Costa Coffee, looking around it was talking point with customers in there afterwards.

Another thing, alarm was meant to sound at 3pm mine went off at 2.59pm, sure everyone else's did also.

I'll take the minute

Back