Anyone in remission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Type 2 diabetic. The official definition is generally thought to be 2 consecutive HbA1C below 48mmol/mol without diabetic medication would put you in remission.
And for type 1 an HbA1c below 53 mmol/mol and no use of insuline for full remission
according to the “ISPAD Clinical Practice Consensus Guidelines 2018”.

So this whole section can now be moved to the Diabetes Remission Information and Support department🙂

Seriously, type 1’s need the support too and should be aware remission is possible, especially because they always get confronted with negativity everywhere.

I'm getting lined up for it I've to go look at what it actually entails but only just got my bloods into single figures rularly .can you tell me how remission is done please
Mostly happens through weight loss, even for people who don't have much weight to lose can still lose a little bit to help. That's mostly to do with losing fat around pancreas and liver. Do you want/need to lose weight? There's so many ways others have tried, including low carb or general healthy eating. The NHS is rolling out low calorie diets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back