Anyone in remission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and it only took a few months. Determined, focussed, and informed (from this forum and the internet) and lots of effort.

My most important tools 1. The blood glucose machine. 2. food and body weight scales. 3. The internet. 4 my extensive App that analyses everything and gives me visualisation of what is good/bad.
Which app do you use?

Sounds like remission. Pleased to hear you’re doing well since. Have you maintained your weight loss? That’s really good stuff.

I've maintained the weight loss.

@NeoUser it's an App I wrote myself in Excel VBA so it is not commercially available (mind you if lots of people asked for it....)

Yes with low GI diet and bariatric surgery, was off all medication for two years but developed acute pancreatitis and now much worse than before despite continued slow and steady weight loss, not sure will manage it again but am trying.
Oh no, that's horrible. Are you still aiming for remission through a low GI diet or trying something else?

Don't know where to put it, but I have some feedback for the remission section.

The title of the section reads "Type 2 Remission Information and Support", how about leaving out the type 2 part?

Untill 2016 type 2 remission wasn't even possible according to the latest state of the art and this turned out to be wrong, why wouldn't remission for other types be possible? Or do we have to wait for the WHO to confirm that before it's true?
Think it's do to with research (having the scientific evidence)

Diet only, low carb 70g per day, HbA1C down from 50mmol/mol to 42 in 3 months and 2 years on now at 39mmol/mol a bit up on last time but due to less exercise because of a knee injury so quite pleased with that in the circumstances.
Almost exactly the same as me!
In a general reply to the original post.....
It seems entirely possible both in my short time frame compared to others on here and hopefully will continue. I think the medical worlds definition and understanding of the whole remission scenario is perplexing to them, they have varying opinions on the matter. I just hope that the foods I now eat, i.e. higher proteins and fats etc don’t have a negative effect on other internal organs in the body, as I need the energy from them to fill the instant fix carbs give you!
This aside, its great to hear from other success stories being posted here, very uplifting and positive to all in response to the op’s great question.

Almost exactly the same as me!
In a general reply to the original post.....
It seems entirely possible both in my short time frame compared to others on here and hopefully will continue. I think the medical worlds definition and understanding of the whole remission scenario is perplexing to them, they have varying opinions on the matter. I just hope that the foods I now eat, i.e. higher proteins and fats etc don’t have a negative effect on other internal organs in the body, as I need the energy from them to fill the instant fix carbs give you!
This aside, its great to hear from other success stories being posted here, very uplifting and positive to all in response to the op’s great question.
Agree, it is uplifting to hear others' success stories 🙂

I'm hoping to be by my next blood test.....................does that count? (runs off searching for a finger's crossed emoji :rofl:)

I'm hoping to be by my next blood test.....................does that count? (runs off searching for a finger's crossed emoji :rofl:)
I think you have every reason to call that in the bag based on your stunning drop from 96 to 49 in 4 months! o_O crossed finger emoji not required!

Hi there, I'm just wondering if there's anyone who has put their type 2 diabetes into remission and how you did that?

Wife was diagnosed prediabetic, so was borderline but could have tipped over by time she did something about it.

5 years on her bloods are still normal so could say she's in remission, eats fairly normal now but is careful not to put on weight so watches cals.

Oh no, that's horrible. Are you still aiming for remission through a low GI diet or trying something else?
I am trying to do low GI diet but aspects of it conflict with diets recommended for my other GI and bowel conditions, I am diabetic meds and insulin and there’s some improvement and slow weight loss but my gp things I am headed for tupe 3c if not already there but endocrinologist hasn’t commented, my eating disorder keeps threatening to relapse Everytime they ban another food but pleas from my dietican for counselling and help are being declined by local services. My weight is lower than when I was in remission including waist measurements.

Everything crossed for you @Deb_l

When is your next check due?

Fingers crossed for you! What have you done differently to bring your HbA1c down?

I am trying to do low GI diet but aspects of it conflict with diets recommended for my other GI and bowel conditions, I am diabetic meds and insulin and there’s some improvement and slow weight loss but my gp things I am headed for tupe 3c if not already there but endocrinologist hasn’t commented, my eating disorder keeps threatening to relapse Everytime they ban another food but pleas from my dietican for counselling and help are being declined by local services. My weight is lower than when I was in remission including waist measurements.
It super hard when you live with other conditions too. Hope things work out for you.

Fingers crossed for you! What have you done differently to bring your HbA1c down?
I’ve just been following a low carb approach but also calorie counting as I have weight to lose. Keeping a food diary helps to keep me on track.

I’ve just been following a low carb approach but also calorie counting as I have weight to lose. Keeping a food diary helps to keep me on track.
A food diary is a good idea. Do you use an app for that?

There is no way to reverse that damage, although scientists are trying to see if it’s possible

If there is no way to reverse that damage then why are scientists trying to see if that's possible?

Next week I'll talk to a few of them on a type 1 event and the theme will be reversal of type 1 diabetes through immunotherapy. It's frustrating and disappointing we can't really discuss this on a diabetesforum, other types could use some support as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back