24.5mmol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lou, can you remember the circumstances surrounding your diagnosis at 15? When did you stop the metformin and start the insulin? It sounds so much like some other people on here who were misdiagnosed and should be Type 1. It makes a big difference in some cases to the level of care you get, as Type 1 are normally looked after by a clinic and Type 2 by GP.

Ring NHS direct for some immediate advice that might be better than you get from your doctor when you see him/her.

Are they based at your local hospital? If so, just ring the main switchboard number and ask for the name of your consultant or the 'diabetes' dept. They will have an extension number and you should be able to leave a message or speak to someone. I am sorry if we have upset you - that wasnt our intention at all - we just all want to get you 'back on track' and hopefully feeling a lot better without tummy trouble!🙂Bev x

You guys haven't upset me, I'm just scared now lol

Lou, can you remember the circumstances surrounding your diagnosis at 15? When did you stop the metformin and start the insulin? It sounds so much like some other people on here who were misdiagnosed and should be Type 1. It makes a big difference in some cases to the level of care you get, as Type 1 are normally looked after by a clinic and Type 2 by GP.

Ring NHS direct for some immediate advice that might be better than you get from your doctor when you see him/her.

fab advice :D nhs direct can be way more helpful than doctors!!!

You guys haven't upset me, I'm just scared now lol

*big huge hugs*

Im GP sorta, and not exactly. Just that my twin was diagnosed 2 years to the day as my twin (6years tomoz) n that we were looking out for the sign as she was. Also I was over weight too.

Dont panick Lou. We just want you to get the care you need and deserve - you just need to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. Once you get some decent help you will be on the right track in no time and that HbA1c will come down 🙂

My fingers and toes have been going tingly n numb too should i tell them that???

Northerner,
This is what i was thinking - lots of people seem to be diagnosed as type 2 incorrectly. Perhaps Lou should just go straight to her gp and ask to be 're-diagnosed' as it seems odd that a type 2 should have such swinging levels doesnt it?:confused:Bev

Northerner,
This is what i was thinking - lots of people seem to be diagnosed as type 2 incorrectly. Perhaps Lou should just go straight to her gp and ask to be 're-diagnosed' as it seems odd that a type 2 should have such swinging levels doesnt it?:confused:Bev

I was never actually tested. They took blood to test me but then mucked up the testing and said they weren't going to test again

Cheers everyone for your help and support, I'm off now to get ready (what do I need to take??) I'll keep you updated either by my mobile or by their internet if they keep me in. xx

Im GP sorta, and not exactly. Just that my twin was diagnosed 2 years to the day as my twin (6years tomoz) n that we were looking out for the sign as she was. Also I was over weight too.

Being overweight doesn't necessarily mean you are Type 2, especially if things are caught at an early stage as you seem to have been. I think you need to be reassessed. As bev said earlier, they need to treat you as though you are starting from scratch. Being scared is OK - direct that energy into getting the help you need. Keep us informed - we're never that far away!🙂

Cheers everyone for your help and support, I'm off now to get ready (what do I need to take??) I'll keep you updated either by my mobile or by their internet if they keep me in. xx

for now hun, take yourself and your meds with you. If they need to keep you in then someone can always get you some stuff.

keep us updated definitely. I'm going to pm you my mobile, text me and let me know you're ok 🙂

my list of what to tell them

- high blood sugars :- average of 16
- don't know how to correct my dose
- don't know how to carb count
- tingly/numb fingers/toes
- stomach pains
- was on glargine then put on metformin, now on levemir & Novarapid

anything else i need to tell them??

Good luck Lou - dont worry and let us know how it goes!🙂Bev x

- high blood sugars :- average of 16
- don't know how to correct my dose
- don't know how to carb count
- tingly/numb fingers/toes
- stomach pains
- was on glargine then put on metformin, now on levemir & Novarapid

anything else i need to tell them??

That your initial 'diagnosis' was not done properly and they might have assumed you were type 2 rather than actually testing you. Also that your hba1c is 11.

I was never actually tested. They took blood to test me but then mucked up the testing and said they weren't going to test again

Oh. My. God! 😱 And I thought the care we get in our area was bad. I cant help out anymore than the guys already have but I am astounded & outraged that this could have happened! Good luck this afternoon & I hope you get sorted out & actually get properly diagnosed & medicated.

Really hope you get some support and help to sort things out. I too am really cross at the level of care you have received.

Goodluck Louise!

Sam, please let us know if you hear from her 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back