Your heart age

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will ignore it....but i will work harder on the smoking, i said i would once i lost weight...which is happening ...anyway the main thing is realy not flora and how old it is,.... but how 'good' your heart is.:D

Do it, do it, do it. If I can quit smoking, anyone can. I have no willpower at all and it took me three goes, but I made it. That was almost 30 years ago now and I've never regretted it. Of course it took another ten years to cure me of the Pan Drop* addiction I acquired to take my mind off the fact that I wanted a ciggy.:D

* Pan Drops are/were the Scots equivalent of Mint Imperials if that's any help to the confused.

I doubt there'll be any of them left to tell!🙂

p.s. hope you are well runner!🙂

Yes thank you Northe, in spite of being 14 years older than my actual age!! Been busy looking after family members going through a crisis, work etc. Compensated with a bit of overeating, poor control, and eh erm, the odd glass of wine or two, but will get back on track.

Just catching up with everything on here...🙂

I just did it and it said my heart is 43 (I am 42 and 10 months).

But i did not enter my cholesteral as i do not know it and i also do not know my blood pressure (though i know it not high, in fact it tends to be a little low)

I would like to get my cholesteral (spelling!) checked. Anyone know where you can get it done? 🙂

I just did it and it said my heart is 43 (I am 42 and 10 months).

But i did not enter my cholesteral as i do not know it and i also do not know my blood pressure.

I would like to get my cholesteral (spelling!) checked. Anyone know where you can get it done? 🙂

It's best to get it done at your GPs - and maybe ask for a fasting test to be done, as this will give you the split of 'good' and 'bad' cholesterol!🙂 There are home test kits bu they are expensive and only tell you to go to your doctors after taking them anyway!

Oooh, I've been hiding from this calculator...I had a feeling it would be a "pick your coffin now" type job! I honestly think I'd rather be an ostrich on this one...

My dad used to smoke a packet a day, then on his 58th birthday (he does these things in style) he had a heart attack, conveniently actually arresting in A&E! 😱 Thank God they set the national grid on him, & these days he's fine, but years of nagging / encouragement from wife & kids evidently didn't do the trick, whereas that experience & a week or so of cold turkey a la NHS did the job nicely! I suspect he's scuppered my last chances of cheap life insurance though! 🙄 Bless him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back