Your heart age

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just done this and it said my heart age was 80 I am 62. I definitely think it is geared to getting you to eat more Flora products😛

Yes trying to sell more Flora I agree.
Donald

I think you cheated!!:confused:

Haha nope !! all true >> I got that because I'm normal weight , have good BP and Cholesteral(spelling?) >> I'm also a non-smoker :D Apart from that I'm falling apart physically Lol

It reminds me of the Diabetes UK campaign to see if you were at risk of diabetes. I remember on CWD UK a lot of parents - to test it - put their children in, who have type 1, and it came back as not at risk!!! We quickly complained, as the info was very very bad for people concerned they might have type 1 looking for reassurance etc....They did alter the wording.......

It reminds me of the Diabetes UK campaign to see if you were at risk of diabetes. I remember on CWD UK a lot of parents - to test it - put their children in, who have type 1, and it came back as not at risk!!! We quickly complained, as the info was very very bad for people concerned they might have type 1 looking for reassurance etc....They did alter the wording.......

I've just written to Unilever to point out the problems with their calculator - will let you know if/when they reply! I was bored, OK?:D

It does slightly annoy me when they start pushing products like this (I think the cereal 'Optivita' is another one), as I'm sure a lot of people think that is all they need to consume to offset all the bad lifestyle choices they might be making. OK, I know it's marketing, but it plays on people's fears.

Haha nope !! all true >> I got that because I'm normal weight , have good BP and Cholesteral(spelling?) >> I'm also a non-smoker :D Apart from that I'm falling apart physically Lol

that is soooooo not fair, i could say the same for all those too😉 bloomin cheek of them, may have to do it again see what i get next time :D

I am 45 and it said my heart age was 52, due to diabetes and being overweight... I did it twice because the first time I did it I said yes to angina and it wouldnt carry on with the calculation..lol

I've just written to Unilever to point out the problems with their calculator - will let you know if/when they reply! I was bored, OK?:D

It does slightly annoy me when they start pushing products like this (I think the cereal 'Optivita' is another one), as I'm sure a lot of people think that is all they need to consume to offset all the bad lifestyle choices they might be making. OK, I know it's marketing, but it plays on people's fears.
You should really write to the ASA (Advertising standards authority) if you feel strongly.

Mine came out as 30 (I'm 25), and the only thing that put it up was diabetes!

I was rather amused because when I clicked the link saying "click here to find out how changing these factors can affect your heart age", there's a little bubble that says: "you have told us you have diabetes, visit www.diabetes.org to identify your risk of diabetes" Umm... 🙄 :D

But yes, I agree, I think it's quite flawed and only out to sell more Flora products!

Mine came out as 30 (I'm 25), and the only thing that put it up was diabetes!

I was rather amused because when I clicked the link saying "click here to find out how changing these factors can affect your heart age", there's a little bubble that says: "you have told us you have diabetes, visit www.diabetes.org to identify your risk of diabetes" Umm... 🙄 :D

But yes, I agree, I think it's quite flawed and only out to sell more Flora products!

Haha! Yes, I meant to comment on that too - it takes you to the American Diabetes Association website - perhaps I should go there to find out if I really have diabetes or just think I do.

I haven't gone near it - I'm sure it will tell me my heart is 97 or something equally daft! I did once make the mistake of looking up my childrens weight on a site - it asked for their age, height & weight and then told me that my youngest was very obese & my eldest was borderline obese.😱 The 7 year old is actually really skinny & you can see all his ribs & the 3 year old is of a 'solid' build - but he is defintly not fat (unlike his mother!!!🙄)

Kathy

I haven't gone near it - I'm sure it will tell me my heart is 97 or something equally daft! I did once make the mistake of looking up my childrens weight on a site - it asked for their age, height & weight and then told me that my youngest was very obese & my eldest was borderline obese.😱 The 7 year old is actually really skinny & you can see all his ribs & the 3 year old is of a 'solid' build - but he is defintly not fat (unlike his mother!!!🙄)

Kathy

There's an app on Facebook that I have avoided called 'Date of Death calculator' (or some such thing). I was tempted though!😱

There's an app on Facebook that I have avoided called 'Date of Death calculator' (or some such thing). I was tempted though!😱

Yeah - I made the mistake of doing that and apparently I only have about 12 years left in me.... 😱

Not going near the heart one!

Well I'm gutted ..... :(

My heart is 10 years older than me at 49 .... and I'm classed as over weight at 9 stone ......

Heidi
xx🙂

A few of my friends have done that app.. I am keeping well away from it lol.. I did one several years ago (before I was diabetic), and it said that I was going to die on a treadmill from complications with diabetes!!!! I tried another one (stupid i know lol) and that told me I was going to die in 2007, I panicked the whole of 2007 wondering if I was going to expire...😱

A few of my friends have done that app.. I am keeping well away from it lol.. I did one several years ago (before I was diabetic), and it said that I was going to die on a treadmill from complications with diabetes!!!! I tried another one (stupid i know lol) and that told me I was going to die in 2007, I panicked the whole of 2007 wondering if I was going to expire...😱

They are nonsense, really. I think the things I have found most astonishing are those mobile phone clubs where you pay ?5 to text a couple of names and they say if you'd be compatible in a relationship, or suggest a baby's name, or one of a hundred other totally pointless things that actually end up costing ?250 a year!!! Why do people waste their money???

Sorry, I went off on one...:D

I caught an advert on the telly yesterday about Flora cholesterol-lowering products, and they had a website where you can calculate your heart age:

https://www.heartagecalculator.com/HeartHealth/HeartAgeCalculator.aspx?hostID=1528

I'm 50, but it said my heart's age was 57. It said that this was because of my diabetes and my slightly raised blood pressure. What I found funny was that it said 'click here to see how you can lower your heart age by changing these things' (or words to that effect). I clicked because I wanted to see how I could get rid of the diabetes and thus lower my heart's age! Sadly though, there was no cure, just a suggestion that I lower my blood pressure...

Thought I was onto something there!😱😉

Mine's 68 and I'm 54. My hubbie's was 57 and he's almost 55, is more overwight than me, and has high blood pressure and higher cholesterol! Oh bu**er, think I might as well have another glass of wine and a chunky kit-kat then! 😉

They are nonsense, really. I think the things I have found most astonishing are those mobile phone clubs where you pay ?5 to text a couple of names and they say if you'd be compatible in a relationship, or suggest a baby's name, or one of a hundred other totally pointless things that actually end up costing ?250 a year!!! Why do people waste their money???

Sorry, I went off on one...:D

Because they are very very stupid 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back