Your heart age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I caught an advert on the telly yesterday about Flora cholesterol-lowering products, and they had a website where you can calculate your heart age:

https://www.heartagecalculator.com/HeartHealth/HeartAgeCalculator.aspx?hostID=1528

I'm 50, but it said my heart's age was 57. It said that this was because of my diabetes and my slightly raised blood pressure. What I found funny was that it said 'click here to see how you can lower your heart age by changing these things' (or words to that effect). I clicked because I wanted to see how I could get rid of the diabetes and thus lower my heart's age! Sadly though, there was no cure, just a suggestion that I lower my blood pressure...

Thought I was onto something there!😱😉

Oh never mind. but seriously i hate those kind of checks, bet it didnt take into account all the exercise that you do? Bet some couch potatoe without diabetes would get a much lower heart age, but couldnt walk let alone run a mile! :D

Cheers for that Northener, im 43 but my heart age is...................

diabetes, and although it didnt say i think its because both parents had heart troubles 😱😱

Cheers for that Northener, im 43 but my heart age is...................

diabetes, and although it didnt say i think its because both parents had heart troubles 😱😱

Did it suggest you get different parents?😱😉

And you're right about it not taking into account other factors, like my resting heart rate is 45 bpm due to all the running I have done over the past 30 years - my heart only has to pump half as much as many people my age! Nor does it ask for details about BG control in relation to the diabetes - there must be a very broad range amongst diabetics, so they can only be taking a sort of average risk to apply in their calculation.

My heart age is better even though my dad had heart attack 2 years ago at age of 54. My heart age is 33 (i'm 31) was slightly surprised as i am overweight :(

It does make me wonder with the heart problems about Rose and her diabetes.

I've just done this and it said my heart age was 80 I am 62. I definitely think it is geared to getting you to eat more Flora products😛

I've just done this and it said my heart age was 80 I am 62. I definitely think it is geared to getting you to eat more Flora products😛

I don't need to lower my cholesterol as it's only 2.4! I asked my DSN about products like these (and Benecol, for example), and she said as long as I had a healthy diet I didn't need to spend the extra on stuff like that.

Apparently..........I'm 75...................where's my PENSION!!!!!!!!!!😡😉

oh Dear Just tryed It age 56 heart 76

Wooooooo :D:D:D 3years younger than me >>> !! Hmm bring on the Protein !!!

I've decided it's utter nonsense! I just went through it again, and on the page where it shows you how you can improve I moved all the markers as far as they would go. I got my heart age down to 33, but my BP would be 80, my weight 50 kg and my cholesterol 2. If those numbers wer true, I would be passing out every time I stood up - that's if I had the strength to support myself on my emaciated, hugely underweight body!!!😱

I'm 21 and it says i'm 36 😱 don't think i'm going to taking that seriously

I've decided it's utter nonsense! I just went through it again, and on the page where it shows you how you can improve I moved all the markers as far as they would go. I got my heart age down to 33, but my BP would be 80, my weight 50 kg and my cholesterol 2. If those numbers wer true, I would be passing out every time I stood up - that's if I had the strength to support myself on my emaciated, hugely underweight body!!!😱

Hahaha exactly !! all these things and BMI are just faddy things , I take no notice at all ! Good fun to try though :D

omg mine is 66 and i am 46. well looks like ill have to buy more Flora!

Oh good, that makes me feel so much better :D😉

I think it is basically very flawed, but could really upset people at the same time?

I think we need a campaign to get it banned?😱

Oh good, that makes me feel so much better :D😉

I think it is basically very flawed, but could really upset people at the same time?

Good point Tracey >> some people think every written word is Gospel 😱How they can tell by just your statistics and not level of activity just about proves its a lottery , totoal random guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back