What the heck is going one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm be getting so more barize numbers recently. I've found myself correcting either late a night or early in the mornjng it haven't seem to have dropped me as much j would expect sometimes either. I did have w moment like month ago. As well expect the directions worked as expected

Sounds like you would benefit from doing basal testing, maybe your basal dose isn’t right

I agree with @Lucyr , you could be coming to the end of your honeymoon period xx

Sounds like you would benefit from doing vg basal testing, maybe your basal dose isn’t right
Yeah I might have to do that I problem is I have too much stuff going on this week to that will to intefire with the results. Plus I'll be worried about it displaying. I do think my background needs are different to each time of a day and profusely night as well which is just anoying.

Yeah I might have to do that I problem is I have too much stuff going on this week to that will to intefire with the results. Plus I'll be worried about it displaying. I do think my background needs are different to each time of a day and profusely night as well which is just anoying.
Which basal insulin are you on?

Livermier(i may have forgot to the air shoot last night).
That may explain your high numbers on your other thread then as it could have been a faulty needle if you didn’t do an air shot of 2 or so units

That may explain your high numbers on your other thread then as it could have been a faulty needle if you didn’t do an air shot of 2 or so units
Perhaps truth is I can't remember if I forgot or not

If I remember correctly, this is the second morning in a row when you have woken quite high and you are about 6months from diagnosis I think, which is a common time for the honeymoon period to start coming to an end. I had 3 noticeable increases in basal needs as my honeymoon period ended like steps or stages over a period of about 18months, but other people can have a slow and gradual increase.
You will know in a few days if it is your basal as your levels will become progressively higher and more difficult to bring down and you will need more corrections. I found it very frustrating until I upped my basal and I learned from that that if I get frustrated with my diabetes management and things aren't working as they should, it is because my basal dose is wrong. When that is right everything (mostly 🙄) makes sense again and it is such a relief.

If I remember correctly, this is the second morning in a row when you have woken quite high and you are about 6months from diagnosis I think, which is a common time for the honeymoon period to start coming to an end. I had 3 noticeable increases in basal needs as my honeymoon period ended like steps or stages over a period of about 18months, but other people can have a slow and gradual increase.
You will know in a few days if it is your basal as your levels will become progressively higher and more difficult to bring down and you will need more corrections. I found it very frustrating until I upped my basal and I learned from that that if I get frustrated with my diabetes management and things aren't working as they should, it is because my basal dose is wrong. When that is right everything (mostly 🙄) makes sense again and it is such a relief.
Yes but the other night I went to bed quite high. I think quite high has a different diffantion to some people because some other people will say 12 just a tad high. The other night I went to bed at 9. And woke up at 8. I also can maybe think of another reason(maybe not really apporate to adteriding on the internet). The honeymoon coming to an end is a factor on my mind.

And it'd 5 months and bit 🙂 4th of September was the day

If you’re referring to overnight exercise, then yes that could affect your blood sugars but going from 9 to 8 overnight I’d see as stable.

If you’re referring to overnight exercise, then yes that could affect your blood sugars but going from 9 to 8 overnight I’d see as stable.
Yes that what might it stayed the same.

Yes that what might it stayed the same.
Then the chances are that it would have gone higher that night too without the extra activity.

"13.3 was might to be my before backfast test. But had having breakfast a bit later and it was 14.4( before. Oh well at last it eventually came down by lunch). And tomorrow another day."

"12.3 even after a 4 in the morning correction. Hopefully the correction with back fast will sort it. At least by lunch anyway."

The above were your last 2 entries on the waking thread for yesterday and today and both are what I would consider a bit high and would be making me think I needed a basal increase. The day before that was the waking reading of 8 you mentioned when you went to bed on 9.

Do you keep a log of your results and insulin doses so that you can spot trends?

And it'd 5 months and bit 🙂 4th of September was the day
Don’t forget, that was the date you were diagnosed, not the date you became diabetic. You could have had it for several months prior to that, with your pancreas just very slowly beginning to fail. It will probably be speeding up now.

Then the chances are that it would have gone higher that night too without the extra activity.
V
"13.3 was might to be my before backfast test. But had having breakfast a bit later and it was 14.4( before. Oh well at last it eventually came down by lunch). And tomorrow another day."

"12.3 even after a 4 in the morning correction. Hopefully the correction with back fast will sort it. At least by lunch anyway."

The above were your last 2 entries on the waking thread for yesterday and today and both are what I would consider a bit high and would be making me think I needed a basal increase. The day before that was the waking reading of 8 you mentioned when you went to bed on 9.

Do you keep a log of your results and insulin doses so that you can spot trends?
Yeah I use my sugar app. Last time I made a change I acted a bit soom. So I'll see what people say at my apoimeng say today

Don’t forget, that was the date you were diagnosed, not the date you became diabetic. You could have had it for several months prior to that, with your pancreas just very slowly beginning to fail. It will probably be speeding up now.
Yes I did have it before as that was the day I was rushed into hostpal.

Do you keep a log of your results and insulin doses so that you can spo
Oh there wasn't extra activity that the , night ignore my high post thd day before that by the way because I knew exactly why that time(i dropped due to a mistake I made but are too much to bring it back up again)

Oh I probably should also mention that both these nights I ate in the evening because I seemed to be dropping so it's probably right time to make assumptions on. (Yesterday even j felt low at 4.3).

I think in order to see if i do need up my livermir slighty in need a time when my numbers reality normal. Under 10.And perpherps at time where I haven't had insulin that might not happen to tonight though. Because in going out for evening and there might be cake around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back