What I ate today - please join and share your days food :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I’ve enjoyed reading what some of you are eating! I love talking about food.
Have you tried poached egg with crushed avocado?

With regard to low fat foods, they usually have more sugar in them than the full fat versions.

Are you using jumbo oats to make your porridge? The quick cook oats make BG rise but using jumbo oats keeps BG much steadier.
Hope this helps!

Maybe ten years ago low fat food had more sugar.
Not after all the publicity on cutting sugar nowadays though.
I ate low fat for a year, low fat certainly doesn't have a great amount of sugar in it now, it's the best of both worlds.

Maybe ten years ago low fat food had more sugar.
Not after all the publicity on cutting sugar nowadays though.
I ate low fat for a year, low fat certainly doesn't have a great amount of sugar in it now, it's the best of both worlds.
Yes, I check both fat and sugar content (and carbs too) before I purchase anything. I even worried today about the steak that they may have fried it and not grilled it but then I thought I was being ridiculous, we can only do our best to keep in check cant we.

On the subject of eggs that @Thyroid17 raised, are eggs ok to have? I used to love omelettes but with my high cholesterol assumed they were a no go

Yes, I check both fat and sugar content (and carbs too) before I purchase anything. I even worried today about the steak that they may have fried it and not grilled it but then I thought I was being ridiculous, we can only do our best to keep in check cant we.

On the subject of eggs that @Thyroid17 raised, are eggs ok to have? I used to love omelettes but with my high cholesterol assumed they were a no go
Personally, no.
Eggs in themselves have high cholesterol, that doesn't in itself get passed into your bloodstream.
But.
The digested cholesterol alters the liver to produce your own higher cholesterol.
So they will indirectly raise cholesterol.

Hi All

Just logged on to say hello and add todays meals

Porridge and 6 cherries + Benecol Drink

Chicken and Veg (impressed as this was at a restaurant in the mall) its good as you can choose what veg you would like, I suspect it may have olive oil added but still felt healthy (see photo)

Yoghurt, 10 cal Jelly, 2 plums

Handful of cashew nuts

Load of walking today, as walked to my nail appointment, then got the bus into town and shopped for ages in the air conditioned mall, so not overheated)

I had a black coffee and sparkling water in costa too.

A brilliant day with my daughter getting clothes for our trip to Ireland for my sons wedding and generally having a lovely time.

Hope you all have kept safe in the heat and had a lovely day

Attachments

• Chicken and mediteranean veg.jpg
    Chicken and mediteranean veg.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi All

Just logged on to say hello and add todays meals

Porridge and 6 cherries + Benecol Drink

Chicken and Veg (impressed as this was at a restaurant in the mall) its good as you can choose what veg you would like, I suspect it may have olive oil added but still felt healthy (see photo)

Yoghurt, 10 cal Jelly, 2 plums

Handful of cashew nuts

Load of walking today, as walked to my nail appointment, then got the bus into town and shopped for ages in the air conditioned mall, so not overheated)

I had a black coffee and sparkling water in costa too.

A brilliant day with my daughter getting clothes for our trip to Ireland for my sons wedding and generally having a lovely time.

Hope you all have kept safe in the heat and had a lovely day

It looks very nice.

Hi All

Just logging my food for today,

Woke up early as had to get ready for my lashes to be done (first time I have had this done, Opted for Classics so they look natural)

Realised all the saucepans were in the dishwasher dirty as had forgotten to switch on so couldnt have my porridge today.

Started as usual with Benecol drink
2 wholewheat bread (mini loaf slices) toasted with 1 tsp of peanut butter mixed with marmite.

Lunch - 5 cherry tomatos, 4 ryvita with benecol and reduced fat soft cheese. I attempted to eat some lettuce but it was limp and unappetising.

Dinner - Porridge with blueberries (the saucepans were clean and I was craving this, I made a large amount but with the normal portion of oats by adding water to it, so it was the same calories but looked larger, just a bit sloppier 🙂

Snack - Alpro Dark Chocolate plant based desert

No nuts today as not feeling too well due to heat.

I walked home from the lash appointment, about 35 minute walk at midday, probably not such a good idea, it felt like I was walking through a sauna and no escape until I got home.

Collapsed in front of the fan, unable to move. I was tired as had been up in the early hours helping with an emergency at work (one of our ambulance stations had a burst water pipe, so I had to look for emergency portaloos for the call takers at 1am!)

lack of sleep, heat making me a bit grumpy, One funny thing to share though. My daughters boyfriend lives with us and I decided to weigh myself naked, only my scales were not working (think they needed charging) so I trotted down to the kitchen in all my naked glory to use the mechanical scales before i ate, only to suddenly realise there were footsteps on the stairs and my daughters boyfriend was approaching the kitchen for his breakfast, I squealed, "dont look" and rushed past trying to hide my embarrassment! i thought I was safe as it was so early but he had an early meeting at work so was also up and about.

That could be another story!
The food sounds excellent, did you see the weight?
I bet it was a positive.

That could be another story!
The food sounds excellent, did you see the weight?
I bet it was a positive.
🙂

I got my scales working again luckily and my weight today was still on a downward trend so pleased with that, my daughter has lost weight herself recently as being bridesmaid and then a holiday to Greece she wanted to look her best, she's hit a plateau still slightly above a healthy BMI, she is only 5ft so asked me if her calorie allowance was too high. She is eating 1600 cals a day and walks at least 10000 steps a day and uses the aerobic stepper too. Her diet looks healthy although she isnt keen on the same amount of veg as me, she is 27 and her weight is stuck with her BMI at 26, she looks lovely though as unlike me she carries any extra weight on her bum and boobs, and has a tiny waist. My daughter isnt diabetic so not reducing carbs, I did suggest that to her, and she said "mum, 1600 calories will do the same weight loss however way they are consumed" I am not sure that is true as some food types seem to be burnt off quicker, and fibre helps you lose 5% more of your food from what I have read.

🙂

I got my scales working again luckily and my weight today was still on a downward trend so pleased with that, my daughter has lost weight herself recently as being bridesmaid and then a holiday to Greece she wanted to look her best, she's hit a plateau still slightly above a healthy BMI, she is only 5ft so asked me if her calorie allowance was too high. She is eating 1600 cals a day and walks at least 10000 steps a day and uses the aerobic stepper too. Her diet looks healthy although she isnt keen on the same amount of veg as me, she is 27 and her weight is stuck with her BMI at 26, she looks lovely though as unlike me she carries any extra weight on her bum and boobs, and has a tiny waist. My daughter isnt diabetic so not reducing carbs, I did suggest that to her, and she said "mum, 1600 calories will do the same weight loss however way they are consumed" I am not sure that is true as some food types seem to be burnt off quicker, and fibre helps you lose 5% more of your food from what I have read.
That's a disagreement on here.
I cut calories, and didn't mess about over what they were.
So I'm with your daughter.

That's a disagreement on here.
I cut calories, and didn't mess about over what they were.
So I'm with your daughter.
My opinion on this changes (depending on what I last read or who I have been speaking to). At the moment cutting down on carbs seems to be getting quick results for me not only on the scales but my shape is better, my stomach isn't bloated and I actually looked OK in a swimsuit I just tried one on for the hot tub this weekend. I have a lot more energy and although occasionally hungry, I am not shaking with hunger like I have been on other diets which are the same calories but not low carb. I now wake up early and start the day feeling positive and wanting to go out and about whereas it was only 3 weeks ago I wouldnt leave my home, bed, sofa etc..I wonder if thats the water, giving up smoking, the diet or all 3 plus the wake up call. My daughter said she has noticed I no longer get out of breath going up the stairs and that I can walk for long distances without having to sit down and recover. I do believe that is connected to stopping smoking though.

Hi all

Breakfast today - wholemeal toast and peanut butter
- Benecol Drink

Lunch - Roast chicken, red pepper, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, sweetcorn

Dinner - Ratatouille with left over chicken from lunch

Snacks - 10 cal jelly, low fat reduced sugar yoghurty, Almonds and pumpkin seeds

Another busy day getting last minute items for my flight tomorrow, I partly walked into town with my daughter and then caught the bus midway, so walked about 8000 steps so far, will do an evening walk with my daughter too.

Got home packed my case, helped my daughter with her packing, still to do, eyebrow tint, hair mask, exfolliate, fake tan (i cover up so still got chicken white legs! not a good look at the wedding)

Im up at 5am to catch a taxi to the airport! Really excited now 🙂

Hope everyone's having a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back