What did you eat yesterday?

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done @Ditto, your really on the case now, hope you have another really good day.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done @Ditto, your really on the case now, hope you have another really good day.
Thank you, I'm trying. Not had a very good breakfast tho' as we've nowt in as we say around here, so bit piggy but managed... :) Any excuse I should have got over the road and bought low carb, but didn't want to break into my grocery money, agh. Which is more important, money or health!?

Day 3 of trying to keep it low carb ... well not so low but better than pigging.
8.3 @ 7.01am
weight: 15stones 0.4pounds
tum: 49 1/2
Breakfast @ 8ish: pt water with fibre - Scrambled eggs with Anchor butter, Iceberg Lettuce, Red Onions, garlics a lot.
Lunch: pt water with meds / 2 hard boiled eggs as I was ravenous.
Dinner @ 6: Pt water - A potato-fest! Only had carby stuff in the fridge and used up all the grocery money for the week. Feckless! 1 ready meal Cottage Pie, half a ready meal HotPot and a lot of HashBrowns, Mayo - Pt water and another pt water later as it was so hot. Carbs make you more hungry. Waste of time. Must get organised!

I could just eat this... Mum could too, she luvs Spam. Cheese and Spam Roll back in the day heh!
spam.jpg

Last edited:

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Ditto
So I make it that you've lost around 3lbs and 3 inches so far - that's a great start.

Can't say I'm with you and your mum on liking the spam though - brings back many memories of soggy spam sandwiches in my lunch box in those far off school days.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A Spam fritter and a pineapple fritter from the chippy was my very occasional treat when I was younger. Yum!

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Never done spam but yum a pineapple fritter! Cant beat a Banana fritter in syrup from the Chinese though!! :p xx

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Never done spam but yum a pineapple fritter! Cant beat a Banana fritter in syrup from the Chinese though!! :p xx
Pineapple fritters from the Chinese, agh kill me now, I wants one. You can feel your bg rise with each bite.

you've lost around 3lbs and 3 inches
Doesn't really count though because one decent butty and it would pile back on, it'll be water weight. Have to wait a bit to make it stick and be doing low carb for life. Thank you for the encouragement. :)

Day 4 of trying to keep it low carb. Bit of a funnypec yesterday as not organised yet.
8.2 @ 9.27am
weight: 14stones 12.8pounds
tum: 49 1/2 just
Breakfast: pt water with fibre - Mug of coffee made with whole milk and a sweetener with three nasty MightyWhite toasts spread with marge, yuck, dunno why I had it, should have gone across the road and bought low carb but didn't want to break into the grocery money - pt water with meds.
Lunch: Bottle Diet Coke, the lime one - individual punnet of strawberries going round Tesco.
Dinner: Pt water - Cold cuts, coleslaw, potato salad, large vine tomato - stuffed to the gills so ate some of it later around 9 and gave myself indigestion plus the fasting part doesn't work if I don't keep to 10/5!

Brother and mother very annoying, trying to tempt me with iced doughnuts. I just kept calm and said "I don't like doughnuts," they should know that by now, I'm not bothered about cakes. Now if it was a battered potato scallop they were offering it would have been a different matter. I'm not buying them any more 'goodies' they'll get fruit in future!

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
:)
Doesn't really count though because one decent butty and it would pile back on, it'll be water weight. Have to wait a bit to make it stick and be doing low carb for life.
Yes maybe some of it is water - but it does count,- just keep refusing the doughnuts and getting it right some of the time and it will start to work .:D

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've no problem refusing the doughnuts, it's refusing the bread, pies, chips, cornflakes with ice cold milk, mash, curry and rice, trifle, BlueRibands, Viscounts, deli food, potato salad, Melton Mowbray pork pies et al that's the problem. :D

Foods I'm just not interested in eating include doughnuts, victoria sponge, biscuits apart from particular ones, Cheerios, bananas etc. If I felt about all food the way I feel about these foods I'm be Twiggy. :)

If I stay on the low carb it's got to kick in at some time, so I will carry on like you say.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Day 5 of trying to keep it low carb. Bit more organised now.
8.2 @ 8.33am
weight: 14stones 11.8pounds
tum: 49 1/2
Breakfast: pt water with fibre - scrambled eggs, garlics, red onion (1), lg can tuna, melted cheese 4oz - pt water with meds.
Lunch: Pt water.
Dinner: Pt water - 4 or 5 Heck Sausages 95% pork, roast veggies ie tiddy corns, peapods, stem broccoli and a blinking chilli which I thought was an ordinary pepper till my mouth exploded agh.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Today
B - 45g oats, 180ml unsweetened almond milk, 30g smooth peanut butter and a mug of coffee
D - wholemeal king prawn sandwich and a cadbury caramel cake bar, pint of water
T - 2 egg king prawn and mozzarella omelette, steamed broccoli, boiled potatoes, 25g bar Aldi moser roth 85% and a pint of Robinsons fruit creations blackberry & blueberry, first juice I've had for years and actually quite enjoyed it!
Currently - mug of coffee before going for my "treat" shower
xx

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: eat natural granola and yogurt
Snack: bar of Aldi chocolate
Lunch: chicken salad
Mini milk ice cream before I left work (37oc in our warehouse and I couldn’t say no) bg 4.9 after an hour and 3.8 after 2 hours
Dinner: chicken baked in the oven covered with half a bag of chilli heatwave Doritos crumbled on top, salad, homemade coleslaw and a huge mushroom stuffed with cheese
Snack: handful of peanuts, cashews and Brazil nuts

I know the bg monitors aren’t 100% accurate but most days this week when I’ve got home I’ve tested and seen either low 4s or even in some cases higher 3s should I be worried?

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I know the bg monitors aren’t 100% accurate but most days this week when I’ve got home I’ve tested and seen either low 4s or even in some cases higher 3s should I be worried?
Sorry my lovely, I can't remember if your on medication or not? I don't think you are though in which case I wouldn't worry as non diabetics dip below 4 too xx

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sorry my lovely, I can't remember if your on medication or not? I don't think you are though in which case I wouldn't worry as non diabetics dip below 4 too xx
Thanks for the reply, nope not on any medication. I’ll keep an eye on it and see if it changes if not I wonder if it would be worth maybe adding a little pasta to my salads to help me though until dinner time

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
chilli which I thought was an ordinary pepper till my mouth exploded agh.
Oww - I bet that was a bit of a shock, supposed to be good for you metabolism though!
Looks like your best day yet though , well done.

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Fairly basic sort of day yesterday, and thank goodness it was a bit cooler so I felt a bit more like cooking something.

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, pumpkin seeds, and a little chopped apple ( Fortunately only a little as it was a windfall and the rest of it was bruised.) Apple can spike me but the small portion seemed to be OK.
Lunch: Tuna and mayo salad
Supper: 'No pasta' bolognaise - used shredded iceberg lettuce instead of spaghetti.

No snacks! - I'm working on reducing these and made it through yesterday,

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Congratulations on the no snacks @Toucan. If nothing else eliminating snacks between meals gives your system more time to deal with the last lot of carbohydrate before it gets its next hit. My simple mind says that it is an approach that could help many so keep it up and report back on whether there is any noticeable effect.

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
If nothing else eliminating snacks between meals gives your system more time to deal with the last lot of carbohydrate before it gets its next hit
Yes I agree @Docb. On the same basis I also try to eat dinner as early as possible and breakfast as late as I can to give my insides as much time as possible to cope with what I've thrown in to them!
My usual time when I feel I need a snack is late afternoon, so the current strategy is to eat a little more at lunch time and have dinner a bit earlier. It has worked for one day and I hope that I will be able to report back that it continues! o_O

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: Egg on toast (Livilife bread)
Lunch: 4 melba thins with soft cheese and a tomato
Supper: Duck breast, apple and mint sauce, peas, glass of red wine
.... and day 2 with no snacks!

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
blackberry & blueberry, first juice I've had for years and actually quite enjoyed it!
@Kaylz, nice to know you enjoyed it. Did you enjoy your caramel cake bar as well?