What did you eat yesterday?

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done @Ditto, your really on the case now, hope you have another really good day.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done @Ditto, your really on the case now, hope you have another really good day.
Thank you, I'm trying. Not had a very good breakfast tho' as we've nowt in as we say around here, so bit piggy but managed... :) Any excuse I should have got over the road and bought low carb, but didn't want to break into my grocery money, agh. Which is more important, money or health!?

Day 3 of trying to keep it low carb ... well not so low but better than pigging.
8.3 @ 7.01am
weight: 15stones 0.4pounds
tum: 49 1/2
Breakfast @ 8ish: pt water with fibre - Scrambled eggs with Anchor butter, Iceberg Lettuce, Red Onions, garlics a lot.
Lunch: pt water with meds / 2 hard boiled eggs as I was ravenous.
Dinner @ 6: Pt water - A potato-fest! Only had carby stuff in the fridge and used up all the grocery money for the week. Feckless! 1 ready meal Cottage Pie, half a ready meal HotPot and a lot of HashBrowns, Mayo - Pt water and another pt water later as it was so hot. Carbs make you more hungry. Waste of time. Must get organised!

I could just eat this... Mum could too, she luvs Spam. Cheese and Spam Roll back in the day heh!
spam.jpg

Last edited:

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Ditto
So I make it that you've lost around 3lbs and 3 inches so far - that's a great start.

Can't say I'm with you and your mum on liking the spam though - brings back many memories of soggy spam sandwiches in my lunch box in those far off school days.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A Spam fritter and a pineapple fritter from the chippy was my very occasional treat when I was younger. Yum!

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Never done spam but yum a pineapple fritter! Cant beat a Banana fritter in syrup from the Chinese though!! :p xx

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Never done spam but yum a pineapple fritter! Cant beat a Banana fritter in syrup from the Chinese though!! :p xx
Pineapple fritters from the Chinese, agh kill me now, I wants one. You can feel your bg rise with each bite.

you've lost around 3lbs and 3 inches
Doesn't really count though because one decent butty and it would pile back on, it'll be water weight. Have to wait a bit to make it stick and be doing low carb for life. Thank you for the encouragement. :)

Day 4 of trying to keep it low carb. Bit of a funnypec yesterday as not organised yet.
8.2 @ 9.27am
weight: 14stones 12.8pounds
tum: 49 1/2 just
Breakfast: pt water with fibre - Mug of coffee made with whole milk and a sweetener with three nasty MightyWhite toasts spread with marge, yuck, dunno why I had it, should have gone across the road and bought low carb but didn't want to break into the grocery money - pt water with meds.
Lunch: Bottle Diet Coke, the lime one - individual punnet of strawberries going round Tesco.
Dinner: Pt water - Cold cuts, coleslaw, potato salad, large vine tomato - stuffed to the gills so ate some of it later around 9 and gave myself indigestion plus the fasting part doesn't work if I don't keep to 10/5!

Brother and mother very annoying, trying to tempt me with iced doughnuts. I just kept calm and said "I don't like doughnuts," they should know that by now, I'm not bothered about cakes. Now if it was a battered potato scallop they were offering it would have been a different matter. I'm not buying them any more 'goodies' they'll get fruit in future!

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
:)
Doesn't really count though because one decent butty and it would pile back on, it'll be water weight. Have to wait a bit to make it stick and be doing low carb for life.
Yes maybe some of it is water - but it does count,- just keep refusing the doughnuts and getting it right some of the time and it will start to work .:D

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've no problem refusing the doughnuts, it's refusing the bread, pies, chips, cornflakes with ice cold milk, mash, curry and rice, trifle, BlueRibands, Viscounts, deli food, potato salad, Melton Mowbray pork pies et al that's the problem. :D

Foods I'm just not interested in eating include doughnuts, victoria sponge, biscuits apart from particular ones, Cheerios, bananas etc. If I felt about all food the way I feel about these foods I'm be Twiggy. :)

If I stay on the low carb it's got to kick in at some time, so I will carry on like you say.