Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Libre 2

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Other

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried 'em all, but always come back to Dexcom. I really liked the G7, but switched back to G6 when the clinic took over funding in preparation for the Omnipod 5. Unfortunately, the roll-out of the latter has stalled pending our local ICB finger extraction.

I've been using a Dexcom One for 89 days (last sensor expires tomorrow). I've had two sensor failures but Dexcom sent new ones the next day, I'm self funding but will not be carrying on with it. The main problem I've had with it is sensor placing and I tried several places but being a side/front sleeper there didn't appear to be any part of me that wouldn't apply pressure to it during the night, also I found the connectivity to be flaky at best and had signal failures even when it was right next to me and I have never got readings overnight as contact was always lost around 1am and wouldn't restart until I restarted the app in the morning. It's been useful to see the effect of different foods on the readings but I'm not convinced of the accuracy between sensors as some were over reading compared to a finger prick the smallest difference over the whole period was .40 and the largest 2.60 with an average of 1.2 for all the readings I compared. The app was running on an iPhone XR. You can get great reports out of the Clarity app but if the readings are not consistent I'm not sure how useful they are.

I decided to get the monitor after listening to a few podcasts and youtube videos by Jesse Chappus/Dr Robert Lustig/Jason Fung and realised that the problem is not just high levels of glucose in the blood but that it's insulin resistance that causes it. As a result I embarked on a regime of time restricted eating, namely the 18:6 method (fasting for 18 hours and having a 6 hour eating window) and so was interested in what my week/by/week progress would be on my glucose levels. I've been on that path for just over three months now and lost 10kg in the first 6 weeks but that has stabilized now at 65kg. I've got another round of blood tests next week and am very interested in what the changes might show, the last lot of tests showed very much increased glucose, raised cholesterol and triglycerides.
Forgot to update on the progress due to life getting in the way (went on holiday after the tests!). Well the test results were excellent as my HbA1c had dropped from 68 to 42 in 12 weeks and triglycerides and cholesterol completely normal with blood pressure in the normal range, as a precaution I'm still taking 500mg of Metformin down from 1500mg before the diet and 500mg for the duration of the diet. My review with the diabetic nurse at the surgery was cancelled by them as the NHS app test results page said "no further action necessary" but will be having the eye test in November because that was already scheduled months ago. I am continuing with the time restricted eating diet until the the end of the year when I will pay for a private HbA1c test and hope to get the reading down below 38, even then I will still continue with the Metformin because of the other health benefits (or so I've read and heard).

Forgot to update on the progress due to life getting in the way (went on holiday after the tests!). Well the test results were excellent as my HbA1c had dropped from 68 to 42 in 12 weeks and triglycerides and cholesterol completely normal with blood pressure in the normal range, as a precaution I'm still taking 500mg of Metformin down from 1500mg before the diet and 500mg for the duration of the diet. My review with the diabetic nurse at the surgery was cancelled by them as the NHS app test results page said "no further action necessary" but will be having the eye test in November because that was already scheduled months ago. I am continuing with the time restricted eating diet until the the end of the year when I will pay for a private HbA1c test and hope to get the reading down below 38, even then I will still continue with the Metformin because of the other health benefits (or so I've read and heard).
Well done!

Warning! After the last iOS update on my iPhone, I got a warning message when I tapped into the DexCom 6 app saying alerts now have to be turned on, including urgent alerts! They were turned on in the notification settings. Turned phone on and off, turned notifications off, then back on and it seemed to clear the issue.

I use Dexcom G7 and am very pleased with it. It’s incredibly accurate compared to Libre 2, I’ve found. There’s no separate transmitter unlike the G6 and it’s very small and painless to insert.I also love the very short warm up time of minutes.
I was shown this yesterday

Self fund Dexcom G7 as the libre 2 seems like a random number generator for me and on average seems to be 3-4mmol above what a glucometre says and i’m always 90%+ in range so it’s not as if it’s because il
having highs and lows. The Dexcom is never more than 0.5mmol out from the moment it is put on. Find the Dexcom far superior with the only negatives being it loses connection at a much shorter distance than the libre and I dont find the adhesive as good.

Do you use the overpatch @rianos ? With that, I find the G7 sticks much better than the Libre. I always found the Libre adhesive began to loosen and peel up during the second week. I too found the Libre results untrustable. The G7 is amazingly accurate. I often find it’s within 0.1 or 0.2 of my glucose meter result.

I'm using the Dexcom g6 and have used Libre and Guardian throughout my diabetes journey.
all have pros & cons.

Do you use the overpatch @rianos ? With that, I find the G7 sticks much better than the Libre. I always found the Libre adhesive began to loosen and peel up during the second week. I too found the Libre results untrustable. The G7 is amazingly accurate. I often find it’s within 0.1 or 0.2 of my glucose meter result.
I’ve used the over patch a couple of times. The G7 has always just about lasted until the tenth day for me except when I was on holiday in the summer and in the pool and sea multiple times a day and it fell off after about 4 days which was odd as they’re supposedly able to be work in water for longer than the libre2.

Decided to do an experiment and wear my G7 on one arm and the libre on another and compare the results and they were quite shocking with the libre being up to 2,5 above or below the G7 at any given time. It generally corrects itself within about 15 minutes but it seems the issue is it’s always over/under estimating and trying to correct. Wonder if the libre 3is the same or is better as it was designed to be a CGM and not a flash like the libre2.

I use the Dexcom G6 and can’t wait for Tandem to get the G7 working with my t:slim X2 pump so I can start using it. Just by having 30 minutes instead of 2 hours warm up time would be a big reason to do so!

Yes, it would be so much more convenient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back