Weight loss group

What should we call the Weight Loss section?

• The Losers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Weigh Low Winners

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NSVs (Non-Scales Victories)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fatbusters

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • The Winners

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Loss Adjustors

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • The Weight Loss Group

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Now - how do we decide a name?
Does anyone know how to set up a vote post? if so, could you please go ahead and do as I have no idea. failing that everyone just post for now.

Thanks all - have been having a low day today and you have all cheered me up.

I can add a poll to this thread if you want, let me know what options you want to vote on. 🙂

Could we add all the suggestions made in the thread or is there a limit?
Thanks Northerner

Hi Northerner,

If possible:

The Losers
The Weigh Low Winners
NSV's
Fatbusters
The Winners
Loss Adjustors
The Weight Loss Group

If it is possible to put a poll on all of these until say tomorrow at 4pm that would be great?

Thanks very much Northerner.

I'd like to join too please. I lost 2 stones but a year ago came to a grand halt and haven't lost any since.😡 Still, I haven't gained either.🙂 Need to lose another three stones ideally.

Fantastic Kate - well done on keeping the weight off - now for us all to shed a few more. Would you like to vote on the poll at the top of this thread for our name?

Hi Guys

Have voted! I won't be around for a couple of weeks - off on my hols🙂 Good luck to all of you and I am going to need all the help I can after indulging in all those ice creams and cream teas:D Got weighed at my regular check with my DSn on Friday - own scales are a but dodgy and see her again in 2 months so let's hope I can make her day then😉

Lots of great suggestions there. Shame we can only go for one.

Fantastic Kate - well done on keeping the weight off - now for us all to shed a few more. Would you like to vote on the poll at the top of this thread for our name?

I've already done it.:D

Well folks - It looks like our new group is to be called 'The Weight Loss Group (WLG).
Northerner - please could you set this group up for us.

Anyone wanting to join in at any time, please do so. Everyone is most welcome.

I think it might be a good start if we all make a pledge of what we want to do by 1st October - it could be lose 2lb, 1/2 stone, or so many cm, or to go to the gym so many times - but remember we have to do all we can to stick to our pledge, and if struggling to do so shout for support and encouragement!!

Wait until the new group is up as a separate forum, and then make your pledge - that gives you time to start thinking!!

If anyone has any better suggestion of how to kick this off, though, please feel free to jump in.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks Northerner - you are a star!

And to celebrate my return from across the channel I wish to put un chat dans les pigeons. I've just voted for the Loss Adjusters and tied the vote!

Andy :D

Sorry folks, but I'm not in a position to make a cast iron pledge on the amount of weight I'm going to lose over the next month. You see, on Wednesday 15th, my wife Irene & I are off to the States for 10 days doing a "New England in the Fall" coach tour. Obviously it will be difficult to stick to my fairly strict reduced carb diet, and also to do the amount of exercise we partake in each week (daily 1 hr walks, weekly exercise class & weekly Nordic walking. I'm afraid I can only pledge to have a "bloody" good time, and try to minimise any weight gain. Will make a further pledge on return when I see how much I've put on. I guess the pledge will be to reverse that.😡

Good luck everyone.

Brian

Hi Brian, I am soooo jealous.
I think just pledging to minimise any weight gain is perfectly acceptable! We will all have times when we are faced with the inevitable gain to be. Go ahead pledge away - then you can repledge when you are back...and who knows it might just help a little knowing you have pledged - no one will shout. We will all just be very very jealous!!

OK Lucy, you have shamed me into it.😱 Since my diagnosis in June, I have come down from 13st 3 3/4 lb to 11 st 8 3/4 lb this morning. Have already been out for our 1 hour walk this morning.

I therefore pledge to lose a further 1 1/2 lb by next Tuesday.😱 Hows that?

Brian

Yeah - could you add it on the new thread Brian.
We have another forum now like 'off the subject'
If you go back to the message boards page where they are all listed - you will find us there now!!! You will also find lots of other posts there already - which you can read as soon as you are back to get you back on track!

i am so proud of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back