Warburton's protein bread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 2 loaves from Morrison's yesterday. Only £1 each. They are smaller slices than Burgen but not as small as Nimble. They were sold out of thins & didn't stock the rolls.

Haven't tried this yet but our local co-op has it on offer at £1.00 per loaf. I currently use livlife bread from Waitrose £1.59 per loaf but only 3.8 carbs per slice. Slices are small but filling and taste good to me. I keep it in the fridge and a loaf lasts about 10 days. Will try the new bread next 🙂

Our co-op seems to have the rolls and thins, but not the bread. Bought some rolls to try, OH saw the packet, and commented that he didn't think he ought to be eating anything that had still got a pulse!

Haven't tried this yet but our local co-op has it on offer at £1.00 per loaf. I currently use livlife bread from Waitrose £1.59 per loaf but only 3.8 carbs per slice. Slices are small but filling and taste good to me. I keep it in the fridge and a loaf lasts about 10 days. Will try the new bread next 🙂
What's the Livlife bread made from?

It has wheat and seeds. Full list of ingredients at http://www.livlifefoods.co.uk/ Personally I prefer it to the Begen breads, but I concede that the slices are small and it is quite expensive. Don't have a Lidle ?spelling near me so have not tried their high protein bread rolls. Good to find something nice to eat 🙂

I have been trying a loaf for sarnies this week and I have to say I prefer Burgen. It is kind to the BG levels though.

I had it toasted yesterday morning. It was very light, more like Nimble. Think l still prefer Burgen.

Was going to look again in tesco later to see if they have any yet. If not i'll be buying good old burgen.

I finally managed to get a small Burgen loaf, in the same week I managed to get a dozen Lidl protein rolls, so I'm spoiled for choice!

New to the forum although DX Jan 2001.The Lidl Protein rolls are these a better form of carb for a sandwich (low GL etc.) as am looking at my carbs, a1c gone up at last check.The mention of Burgen,is this the Soya and Linseed loaf. What about Wholemeal Tortilla.Do you not find the Lidl rolls a bit big .

Not had the protein roll s my self but Burgen is the Soya and linseed and is low carbohydrate!

New to the forum although DX Jan 2001.The Lidl Protein rolls are these a better form of carb for a sandwich (low GL etc.) as am looking at my carbs, a1c gone up at last check.The mention of Burgen,is this the Soya and Linseed loaf. What about Wholemeal Tortilla.Do you not find the Lidl rolls a bit big .
Hi Eamon, welcome to the forum 🙂 I can't speak about the Lidl rolls as I have never tried them, but there are quite a few members here who recommend them. Burgen Soya and Linseed is my favourite bread - it's lower in carbs than most other types of bread, due to the use of soya flour, and the inclusion of seeds helps to slow the digestion and speed that it will raise your blood sugar levels 🙂

What sort of bread have you been eating?

The Burgen and some low GI rolls from a local supermarket chain, but did not know the methodology.Thanks for the advice.

The Lidl rolls are quite large, but you can always eat half a one!

I'm a pig, so l can easily eat a whole Lidl roll.:D Actually, this weekend I am planning on making a heavily seeded loaf using rye & spelt flour & then see how l cope with it.

Officially confirmed that my local coop doesn't stock the small Burgen loaves any more. With being at home for half term I have been enjoying bread for breakfast in various forms instead of my usual low GI cereal mix. Cheese on toast, veggie bacon butties, peanut butter and marmite on toast, all good using either a Lidl roll or two small Burgen slices. As a result there is not much left of my Burgen loaf especially as my OH joins in since I'm making it!
I have bought the Warburton's small loaf to try as it's on special offer, as is Lurpak at 2 for £4.00. So glad I am not doing low fat any more. Low fat spread on toast is so disappointing!

Lurpak at 2 for £4.00. So glad I am not doing low fat any more. Low fat spread on toast is so disappointing!
I decided a few years back now that low fat spread was horrid on toast and allowed myself soft butter instead. You'll find that Lurpak and Anchor soft butter alternate in most supermarkets with the '2 for £4' offer, so I buy whatever is the one on offer. Occasionally they just have single packs for £2, but usually the 2 for £4 🙂 Much tastier! 🙂

After cutting out butter or margarine on bread over 40 years ago, along with sugar in drinks, I only rarely eat butter as I find it too rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back